Moussa Dembele

croadyman

Agree with your main point but not on the specifics.

Van Gaal identified Firmino before Liverpool signed him.

As for the other two: Mane was rated at Southampton and was clearly on the up and ready for the next level. In Salah's final season with Roma they finished 2nd with a record points tally. Joel Matip was always a decent player. Van Dijk and Allisson were others who was ready to make the step up.

Liverpool make intelligent buys for sensible prices. When Pogba leaves this summer his 100m needs to be invested in Jack Grealish - a player ready for the next step and another midfielder.
Would love to put forward Saul as the other midfielder but we are easily talking around £150m ish for him & Grealish. So if we only get £100m for Pogba then need to raise another £50m from somewhere.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Dybala’s agent said clubs didn’t agree and Dybala would not have been valued same as Sancho so that’s that sorted.

Sancho was a target last summer according to reports you believe and it didn’t happen, the speculation now and for a whiles has been that Chelsea are front runners so all that gossip your buying into is now contradicting you.
Dybala not being valued the same as Sancho isn't the point. The point was that we as a club were more than prepared to have a net spend of a £150m.

Sancho was a top target last summer and Dortmund's DoF backed those reports by stating that United had been in contact with the German club regarding the player.

Roboc7

Dybala not being valued the same as Sancho isn't the point. The point was that we as a club were more than prepared to have a net spend of a £150m.

Sancho was a top target last summer and Dortmund's DoF backed those reports by stating that United had been in contact with the German club regarding the player.
Well we didn’t agree a deal for Dybala so that’s not true. Press speculation doesn’t make something true, sure you would claim that about the Chelsea/Sancho rumours.

Zorc refers to a Consultant and not even knowing what the Consultant said to Utd, hardly serious talks.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Well we didn’t agree a deal for Dybala so that’s not true. Press speculation doesn’t make something true, sure you would claim that about the Chelsea/Sancho rumours.

Zorc refers to a Consultant and not even knowing what the Consultant said to Utd, hardly serious talks.
How do you know we didn't agree a deal with Juventus? Were Fabrizio Romano and Di Marzio fabricating the story? Both journos are among the most reliable for Juventus news. Alfredo Pedulla who is the mouth piece for the current Juventus head coach Maurizio Sarri reported the same.

Regarding Sancho, Zorc said the following down below.

Speaking earlier this week, Zorc confirmed that United did make an approach for Sancho, but that Dortmund were unwilling to let him leave this summer under any circumstances.

“Both his discussions with the club and mine with the consultants,” he said.

“A meeting did take place. Manchester United invited the consultant. But according to what I know, the consultant told the club that no matter how much money they offer, we won’t let him go this summer.

http://thepeoplesperson.com/2019/09...contact-over-jadon-sancho-this-summer-208797/

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Brilliant player! Would love him here, but we are so stacked in the front! Wouldn't want to be a sub I'm sure to Martial.
Didn't he come off the bench today? If he can be a sub at Lyon, I'm sure he can at us!

Dve

Having a mare here aren't you @SirAnderson? :lol:

Were you running around your house when Dembele scored because I was?

Feck brilliant. Fecking word class. :lol:

Sign him up, Ole!
I would have been more convinced if he had been regarded good enough to actually start the game.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I would have been more convinced if he had been regarded good enough to actually start the game.
He is generally a starter and their best attacker. It's actually surprising that he didn't start the last two CL games.

Jibbs

Get him and Sancho... imagine having to select front 3 from Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, Dembeke and Sancho.

Dve

He is generally a starter and their best attacker. It's actually surprising that he didn't start the last two CL games.
For the team ending 7th in the French league (well, technically it never ended, but..). It´s a bit premature wanting to sign a player because of a short cameo in a CL game, I´m sure you agree.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For the team ending 7th in the French league (well, technically it never ended, but..). It´s a bit premature wanting to sign a player because of a short cameo in a CL game, I´m sure you agree.
Well, it wouldn't be based on a short cameo. Dembélé didn't start playing football in August 2020 and he is been pretty good for Celtic and Lyon when they were 3rd, he is the reason why Lyon were 7th, it was mainly due to Sylvinho tactical decisions at the start of the season and a defensively poor midfield. And I'm not suggesting that we should purchase him, I just corrected the idea that he isn't good enough to start for Lyon.

Blood Mage

He's Lukaku level, a very good finisher but too limited to be leading the line for an elite team.

Last edited:

Dve

Well, it wouldn't be based on a short cameo. Dembélé didn't start playing football in August 2020 and he is been pretty good for Celtic and Lyon when they were 3rd, he is the reason why Lyon were 7th, it was mainly due to Sylvinho tactical decisions at the start of the season and a defensively poor midfield. And I'm not suggesting that we should purchase him, I just corrected the idea that he isn't good enough to start for Lyon.
I saw quite a bit of him when he was at Celtic, and he sure looked like a talent, but perhaps not United material. I havn´t watch much of Lyon, I must admit, and I´m sure your assessment of him is correct. Still, you would have hoped that a player linked with United should be starting for a team like Lyon in their most important game of the season, whatever tactics.