Film Movie & TV Show Trailers

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
A thread for sharing your favourite classic movie trailers from bygone years or new previews to upcoming films.

Mogul Mowgli, starring Riz Ahmed, looks interesting:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Roald Dahl's 'The Witches', reimagined by Robert Zemeckis and starring Anne Hathaway and Octavia Spencer:

Looks pretty, pretty, pretty gash.

Last edited:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Some of my faves...

The first LOTR teaser that was only ever shown before Lost Souls in a bid by New Line to get somebody to watch...Lost Souls. I did just that. It was horrendous. But worth it for this trailer:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Others:

When Peter Jackson had the genius idea to make the requiem for a dream score even more epic, and the legend that is Clint Mansell said OK.

Last edited:

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Not really a classic I suppose, but I really like the trailer for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy film:

This is also pretty cool:

Poor people who thought they were going to some kind of heist / detective / thriller! (Well, they're not that poor; they still got to see one of my favorite films.)

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Not really a classic I suppose, but I really like the trailer for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy film:

This is also pretty cool:

Poor people who thought they were going to some kind of heist / detective / thriller! (Well, they're not that poor; they still got to see one of my favorite films.)
I've owned Glengarry for at least 10 years on DVD and never watched it... You've inspired me to take the plunge.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
I've owned Glengarry for at least 10 years on DVD and never watched it... You've inspired me to take the plunge.
We both like Heat, right? Not that this has anything to do with that one, but maybe we've got a movie connection. :D

Zen86

Others:
When Peter Jackson had the genius idea to make the requiem for a dream score even more epic, and the legend that is Clint Mansell said OK.
I was so excited for Prometheus when I first watched that trailer. The film itself was sadly one of the biggest disappointments I can remember.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
'The News of the World', Tom Hanks's next flick, in cinemas Christmas (good luck with that):

'The 355', wimmin do spyin' (WARNING: THIS TRAILER INCLUDES THE LINE "I'M PUTTING TOGETHER A TEAM" BUT NOT THE RETORT "YOU SONOFABITCH, I'M IN":

'Black Bear', starring Aubrey Plaza:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I really like how blunt dead old trailers are. No messing about with sly introductions, no teasing, just "Chuck Johnson is a high flyer in finance who always said he'd kill himself if a woman became his boss. Well Chuck had better start preparing for the afterlife, as he's about to meet his worst nightmare in...'The Woman Boss'.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I really like how blunt dead old trailers are. No messing about with sly introductions, no teasing, just "Chuck Johnson is a high flyer in finance who always said he'd kill himself if a woman became his boss. Well Chuck had better start preparing for the afterlife, as he's about to meet his worst nightmare in...'The Woman Boss'.
Is that a real movie? Because, you, Sir, just sold it to me!

OleBoiii

I generally don't like trailers. They're rarely original and they often spoil too much of the movie. And in the cases where the movie turns out to be good, the trailer practically never does it justice.

Having said that, I remember being super hyped about this theatrical trailer a teenager in 2006. The music is great, the shots of London look cool, it's neither too long nor too short, and most importantly: it doesn't spoil anything. This is one of the cases where the trailer is better than the movie :lol:

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
More classics:

Probably my all time fave:

Special mention goes to Interstellar. Stock footage of NASA/the space race interspersed with the bookshelf and ending on Coop driving away from his kids. Topped off by a McConaughey voiceover that isn't even part of the movie yet encapsulates it perfectly. PLUS an original piece from the Zimmer score, arguably the best.

I don't think I've ever been more excited for a film, ever, after that. And despite its obvious flaws, I was still blown away.

Holding steady at number 2 on my all time list.

Sylar

Guess these are more teasers than trailers.

Was really hyped for the first one.
Second one I enjoyed the movie.