Television Mr. Robot | s02_spoilers

• Thread starter Deleted member 78215
  • Start date

Deleted member 78215

New show about an anarchist hacker.

Pilot's out now. Well worth a watch, in my opinion.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Watched the pilot last night and thought it was quite good, hopefully it continues in the same vein.

Jacob

I am wondering the same thing, any news?

Edit: 2nd July as far as I know.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really enjoyed the first episode, has a bit of a season 1 Dexter vibe to it.

wr8_utd

:'(
It got extended for the 2nd season even before the first episode aired!

Hoof the ball

This one has potential critical-acclaim written all over it. The second episode didn't suffer from second-episode syndrome, and in fact was even better than the first. If they keep this up it'll be up there with True Detective in terms of quality.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Last episode of the season at the end of August.. don't know whether to watch it week by week or wait to view them all once the season has finished.

Sylar

Fantastic. Has an early Dexter vibe to it which is great. Only 2 episodes gone but really enjoying it so far.

ha_rooney

Second episode was very good, although it was a little predictable the guy giving out his rap CDs was actually a hacker.

I thought the whole 'life is about making choices' theme was dealt with excellently in the episode, from him turning down the job at the start to the end when he opened up about his dad. Really enjoying this so far.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I really enjoyed the first episode, although some stupid things happened. (The envelopes). Also when he was walking somewhere at some point, there was some dude walking past swinging his head weird. Made me think there are going to be little things/signs we should be looking for for some reason.

Reminded me of Watchdogs (the game) in certain places, an island, a tech bunker etc.

Cheers for the spoilers there @ha_rooney, just about to watch it now.

ha_rooney

I really enjoyed the first episode, although some stupid things happened. (The envelopes). Also when he was walking somewhere at some point, there was some dude walking past swinging his head weird. Made me think there are going to be little things/signs we should be looking for for some reason.

Reminded me of Watchdogs (the game) in certain places, an island, a tech bunker etc.

Cheers for the spoilers there @ha_rooney, just about to watch it now.
Sorry about that, but don't need spoiler tags once the episode has aired!!

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
2nd episode done and dusted... gimme MOAR!

I cant stand the bloke who plays Mr Robot, he's always grated on me.

There is definitely something we should be looking out for during this and I'm still not sure what :lol: Something is giving an indication of if he's being paranoid, or he's high, on drugs, whatever. Lots of weird things going on in the background but I can't put my finger on it.

Noticed he let Mr Magnet touch him without moving back or anything this episode which was very out of place.

Sylar

Noticed he let Mr Magnet touch him without moving back or anything this episode which was very out of place.
That made me think that Mr Robot was a figment of his own imagination and thus he wasnt pushed but he jumped. And the reason he jumped is cos he wants the meds which he cant now get.

:lol: I dunno haha, sounds silly now that ive read it.

suheilsworld

Loving the series. It has many layers that can be explored. Rami Malek has played the part very well. Shayla looks yum!! :drool:

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
That made me think that Mr Robot was a figment of his own imagination and thus he wasnt pushed but he jumped. And the reason he jumped is cos he wants the meds which he cant now get.

:lol: I dunno haha, sounds silly now that ive read it.
Yeah I can't decide if Mr Robot is real or not :lol: The "bunker" thing where everyone was disappearing then re-appearing later also makes me think that was all his imagination and he is basically off his tits on drugs half the time.

Facts are he's on drugs, he sees a shrink, he's socially withdrawn but seems able to talk to these new random people pretty easy. It's weird.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Also, when he is on the train in the first episode and Mr Robot shouts over, nobody else even bats an eyelid.

But wait, then who hacked that company in the first place?

Man, there could be so many twists in this. I'm baffled.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Wait, the chick calls it evil corp on the phone to him, and then his boss also calls it evil corp O_o

Sylar

I have a feeling the whole thing is him, whilst hes on drugs. Hes the one that hacked evil corp, hence why he could get into it (and he left the message for himself to leave it there). This is also why that chick was having a shower at his place and when he asked "how do you know where I live" she basically said "why wouldnt i".

The whole team might be extensions of him and that video posted might have also been him when he was fecked up on drugs :lol:

My theory anyway. Next thing you know, next episode, one of them will be arressted lol

Cina

Wait, the chick calls it evil corp on the phone to him, and then his boss also calls it evil corp O_o
Elliot told the 'viewer' in the first episode that any reference to E Corp will be as Evil Corp, it's an example of him manipulating things for the story, I guess.

ha_rooney

I think they're all real except Mr Robot and the 2 agents/guards who are following Elliot. I'm guessing Mr Robot is Elliot himself but he doesn't realise it yet.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Elliot told the 'viewer' in the first episode that any reference to E Corp will be as Evil Corp, it's an example of him manipulating things for the story, I guess.
Yeah I know he said that's how he sees it, so are we seeing everything the way he sees it?

facund

It usually takes me a while to get in to a show but I'm pretty much sold after two episodes. Hopefully the rest of the series can maintain the tone and quality laid out so far.

The bit where Mr.Robot touches him: I thought it was more indicative of him opening up/letting his defences down through telling the story of his Dad rather than being a hint towards Mr. Robot being imaginary. I Would be a little disappointed if it turns out to be a complete regurgitation of 'Fight Club'.

Twigg

Not Twigginator
Supports
100 extrapolation
Latest ep was a step down from the others for me, but still enjoyable.

That bar scene made obvious what some people have been speculating about, the way the bartender didn't acknowledge Mr Robot at all, and then when he was over at the other end of the bar he kept looking back over.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

That bar scene made obvious what some people have been speculating about, the way the bartender didn't acknowledge Mr Robot at all, and then when he was over at the other end of the bar he kept looking back over.
Agree with that, was a slow episode, but it still had a lot in it. I'm thinking that was a slow episode as the next one is going to be pretty explosive in terms of what happens.

The guy who wants to be CTO is mental. I'd love a Mrs like his though :lol:

Sylar

Yeah, more i see of Mr Robot scenes, the more I believe he cant be a real person. The only thing im thinking is whether the rest of the group are (or arent).

Agree it was a bit slower, but still quite enjoyable.

PvsNP

Yeah, more i see of Mr Robot scenes, the more I believe he cant be a real person. The only thing im thinking is whether the rest of the group are (or arent).

Agree it was a bit slower, but still quite enjoyable.
Didn't Shayla interact with that girl from Fsociety?

facund

It certainly seems to be the way things are heading but part of me feels they have made it so unbelievably obvious, essentially spoilering their own plot, that there must at least be a twist in the tail of some sort or it is a deliberate rouse/misdirection.

I would be disappointed, to say the least, if it all turns out to be as simple as currently indicated. It would be hard to imagine that such an artless and hackneyed plot line would be used in what seems to be a otherwise thoughtful and enjoyable piece of work.