Television Mr. Robot | s02_spoilers

• Thread starter Deleted member 78215
  • Start date

Amir

I loved that episode. Not the best of the series by any means but Rami Malek was great in it and his arc with the little kid was very moving. Wonder what will be the ending of this season.
Agreed. A great episode because it was different from most of the show.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really enjoyed that episode. After the fast/tense events in the past few episodes, that was a good change of pace that allowed Elliot to reflect on things & ‘recover’ from what happened.

Rami is a terrific actor.

ha_rooney

Enjoyed how they kept switching between Elliot & Mr Robot to explain what happened. Angela is seriously messed up.

I think Darlene will die & that will force Mr Robot to come back & work with Elliot rather than them taking turns to be in control.

Last episode next week?
According to IMDB, yes.

Ainu

I've been enjoying the run of recent episodes, though I'm not quite sure what to make of the overall story. Angela is so far gone it's hard to see how she can still play any sort of meaningful role. Darlene seems pretty much finished as well. Where can they go with this show from here that isn't a total clusterfeck?

parkthebuslads

Really enjoyed the season but am unsure about the post credits scene. I think Vera is unlikable and uninteresting and that the show has moved beyond such a petty thug.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Really enjoyed the season but am unsure about the post credits scene. I think Vera is unlikable and uninteresting and that the show has moved beyond such a petty thug.
Agree, no interest in spending more time with character, max episode to get rid of him would be fine but anything more seems like an unnecessary distraction at this stage.

crappycraperson

Scout
Overall this season was the best season of Mr Robot for me. I am starting to roll my eyes a bit at the overall plot of the show but still overall viewing experience is very rewarding. This is not a tight show like Sopranos or even Breaking bad though, for example the whole FBI stuff makes very little sense. Even the main villain, White rose, seemed a much more nuanced character before and now is a full blown bad guy. Angela as a character is problematic to me now given her role in the bombings, I don't think they have done enough to explain why she would be willing to facilitate murder of even a single person let alone thousands for whatever white rose brainwashed her for. I love the show but I am still noting down some flaws because I think it had the potential to rank alongside BB but some over indulgence by the creator and over plotting has let the shown down.

Dir Wangem

Agree, no interest in spending more time with character, max episode to get rid of him would be fine but anything more seems like an unnecessary distraction at this stage.
He's definitely a "different" character now. I highly doubt that Sam would bring back a regular(albeit insane) thug for no reason other than to bother Elliot. Not at this late stage. I reckon Vera fits one of these:

1. We have a completely wrong picture of him, mainly because of Elliot being Elliot and seeing things that aren't there.
2. He's been yet another piece in the big puzzle, being used by Price or Whiterose all along.
3. He's become yet another piece in the big puzzle, currently being used by Price or Whiterose.

In any case, I'm sure that he will bring something interesting to the table other than being an "evil thug".

crappycraperson

Scout
He's definitely a "different" character now. I highly doubt that Sam would bring back a regular(albeit insane) thug for no reason other than to bother Elliot. Not at this late stage. I reckon Vera fits one of these:

1. We have a completely wrong picture of him, mainly because of Elliot being Elliot and seeing things that aren't there.
2. He's been yet another piece in the big puzzle, being used by Price or Whiterose all along.
3. He's become yet another piece in the big puzzle, currently being used by Price or Whiterose.

In any case, I'm sure that he will bring something interesting to the table other than being an "evil thug".
You could be right, Sam said in an interview, I just read, that Vera will play an 'critical' role next season. Personally not too pumped about that but we shall see how it pans out.

Ainu

I'm losing patience with the overal plot. It's going nowhere. I really, really enjoy the episodes, the characters (most of them anyway), the acting, the tension, etc, but despite all that I'm just losing interest. It's becoming a bit nonsensical and I fear that's only going to get worse next season. It's really weird, usually I persist with shit episodes of a show because I want to know where the story goes but here it's the complete opposite. I tolerate the story because I love the episodes. I'm not sure that's going to be enough next season though. We'll see.

ha_rooney

Terrific season, really enjoyed the pacing & tension throughout. Bobby Cannavale was excellent.

Looking forward to how Vera fits into all this - they must have a specific reason to bring him back other than just the resident thug.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: it doesn't get any less complicated.

Stick with it though, season three starts slow but really kicks off around the mid way point!
I really enjoyed the episode, but I definitely don't think I can do another straight away. I'm too tired after a busy day to give it the concentration it needs. It's definitely a 100% focus required show!

Didn't help that I couldn't properly remember season two, although the summary at the start helped for the most part.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I was miles behind with this show having watched season 1 when it first aired and then not touching it until catching up over the last two weeks.

Brilliant show and I hate that I've caught up now that I have to wait for s4.

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
Watched it earlier. Did not disappoint at all. Also, there was a notable difference in cinematography from the last seasons. This episode had warmer colours too.

crappycraperson

Scout

The opening sequence.... :eek:

Though I am glad they killed Angela. After he role in the bombings, made sense to end her arc like this. Hate shows that give their leads a pass after such acts.

Overall a very grim start to the season. In some ways looks like it would be somewhat straight forward this season. All "heroes" are at their nadir right now while the villain, white rose, is at the top. Can't see season ending without him being taken down though don't think it will be a happy ending. My prediction is that Elliot would die, as would White rose but someone else will take over for him to perpetuate the whole system along.

LonelyFire

Watched it earlier. Did not disappoint at all. Also, there was a notable difference in cinematography from the last seasons. This episode had warmer colours too.
It’s all based around the holiday season - visuals right through to tone. Whole episode felt very different.

I’m not sure how I feel yet about it.....from where season 3 ended to here is quite something and it feels like we’ve been robbed of that emotional high where we ended up last season.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Damn, that was good.

killing one of the shows main characters five minutes into the season after a two year hiatus sums up this show pretty well.

Also, apparently everyone works for the Chinese.

Oh and nice cameo by Esmail at the end. "Goodbye, friend".

ha_rooney

Brilliant episode... forgot how good it was.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
I watched the first season and really enjoyed it, felt like it had said everything it needed to say so didn't bother carrying on. Same as I did with Westworld actually. But can those who've carried on try to convince me to keep up with this?