Television Mr. Robot | s02_spoilers

• Thread starter Deleted member 78215
  • Start date

LonelyFire

I watched the first season and really enjoyed it, felt like it had said everything it needed to say so didn't bother carrying on. Same as I did with Westworld actually. But can those who've carried on try to convince me to keep up with this?
This may rank as one of the worst decisions I’ve seen someone make concerning a TV show.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
This may rank as one of the worst decisions I’ve seen someone make concerning a TV show.
Carry on convincing me. I think I watched an episode or two of the second season but couldn't really be arsed going any further because it seemed like it was getting unnecessarily convoluted. Again, a bit like my experiences with Westworld.

LonelyFire

Carry on convincing me. I think I watched an episode or two of the second season but couldn't really be arsed going any further because it seemed like it was getting unnecessarily convoluted. Again, a bit like my experiences with Westworld.
You have to stick with 2nd season as pay off is worth it. Season 3 might be one of the best seasons of television I’ve ever watched and rarely have I had as much confidence in a show to stick the landing in the end as I do with this one.

It’s chronically underrated. Script writing, acting, cinematography.....it’s literally got the lot.

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
You have to stick with 2nd season as pay off is worth it. Season 3 might be one of the best seasons of television I’ve ever watched and rarely have I had as much confidence in a show to stick the landing in the end as I do with this one.

It’s chronically underrated. Script writing, acting, cinematography.....it’s literally got the lot.
This season's the final one, isn't it? That'll make it easier to get through one day. I'm only just getting round to Lost, The Sopranos, Mad Men...

macheda14

This season's the final one, isn't it? That'll make it easier to get through one day. I'm only just getting round to Lost, The Sopranos, Mad Men...
I'd argue you could give up on Lost after you get your fill - The Leftovers is by the same creator and I think is a much much better show. Sopranos you must finish. Mad Men, I never watched and should do, everyone says it's great. Mr Robot, the second season takes some time to get going, but the third is just fantastic. I recently re-watched the entire show in preparation of this new series and the second season was actually better the second time through. You're right though, it being 4 seasons means you can get round to it when you have the time, maybe even sandwich it between two much longer show like The Sopranos and Mad Men. The Leftovers is also only 3 seasons.

LonelyFire

Aye - this season is the last one. Honestly, it’s a top show. So many layers to it - even on a rewatch you spot things you hadn’t noticed before.

Would echo a shout for The Leftovers too.....but get Mr Robot done first!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Aye - this season is the last one. Honestly, it’s a top show. So many layers to it - even on a rewatch you spot things you hadn’t noticed before.

Would echo a shout for The Leftovers too.....but get Mr Robot done first!
Some chaps on reddit rewatch it now in order to spot at the hints concerning the 3rd personnality

LonelyFire

Some chaps on reddit rewatch it now in order to spot at the hints concerning the 3rd personnality
Might be worth spoiler tag on that mate!

But yes, I think I’ll save my rewatch until it’s done then go back. It’s genuinely one of my favourite shows of all time.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Might be worth spoiler tag on that mate!

But yes, I think I’ll save my rewatch until it’s done then go back. It’s genuinely one of my favourite shows of all time.
Why spoiler it ? It's been aired already no ? I'm not speculating and I'm not talking about anything that was leaked

djdhrubs

Another good episode. Good to see some previous characters reappearing.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Very good episode. Feels like the next one is going to be epic.

ha_rooney

Loved that episode. Focusing on the main characters struggles, with a good balance of humour & tension. The cinematography was fantastic.

LonelyFire

A very strange episode but agree beautifully shot. So many things to like in this show.

I think in the end we’ll look back on this episode as fairly key to the crux of the show.....but I’ll be fecked if I know what it is yet!

girish

I too love women...for their shoes.
A lot of people didn't like this episode. I personally did, but I could clearly see why many didn't; all these episodes are setting up things, and nothing major happened yet(except for some main character deaths).

What's that blue light though? Is it real?

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Two main characters killed off and it's only four episodes into the season.

Though I suppose both of them have been largely pointess for the last few season's anyway so makes sense to give them an early send off and progress the story.

That episode definitely felt like a homage to Pine Barrens in a lot of ways.

ha_rooney

After all the dialogue last week, they really took it to the other extreme this week :lol:

The suspense was fantastic.

macheda14

After all the dialogue last week, they really took it to the other extreme this week :lol:

The suspense was fantastic.
I didn’t realise there were only two lines of dialogue until I went on reddit. It was done so well that you don’t even notice the lack of dialogue.

ha_rooney

I didn’t realise there were only two lines of dialogue until I went on reddit. It was done so well that you don’t even notice the lack of dialogue.
yep!! 12 words the whole episode. Brilliant!

djdhrubs

Wow. I remember the 'if you don't wanna talk that's cool' line (which is pretty much laying down a marker for the episode). What was the other?

Sanche7

Wow, just two lines of dialogue, didn't notice that. But tbf there's quite a bit of texting going on, so.. Fantastic episode nonetheless, intense

girish

Thr speciality about this episode was spolied for me last week on reddit. But I absolutely didn't remember it throughout the episode. And only when I went back to reddit to read the post episode discussion, I realized it.

This show deserves all the praise it's gotten, and it deserves more. And Sam Esmail deserves the credit too. There's a thin line between an excellently shot and told story, and what would feel like an equivalence of director filming himself masfurbating and releasing it as an episode; which is what I felt like after watching an episode of Twin Peaks'aat season.

I do love this show. Even more so, I can relate to some of it was a generally lonely person and a network security engineer.

Jagga7

Wow, just two lines of dialogue, didn't notice that. But tbf there's quite a bit of texting going on, so.. Fantastic episode nonetheless, intense
Holy feck, I did notice that at all and it still had me gripped. Great season so far.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Wow. I remember the 'if you don't wanna talk that's cool' line (which is pretty much laying down a marker for the episode). What was the other?
"It's time we talked" by Vera at the end.

God damn, that's one of the best episodes of TV I've seen in a very long time. Took me almost til the end to realise there was basically no dialogue too :lol:

LARulz

I stopped watching I think at the end of season 2. Is it worth picking up again?

djdhrubs

Another gripping episode. Definitely the fastest moving series so far.

LonelyFire

It looks like hidden clues were always there. Angela and Darlene is linked with this brand new twist as well, it looks like.
The whole show conceptually changes now - everything on the re-watch will now be different.

Hard to think of a darker episode of television but my god it was so well acted - by everyone.

girish

When I re-watched season 1 after the final reveal, it was very revealing. I'm thinking it would be the same after thr season finale too.

Elliot Villar gives a fantastic performance in this episode too. Deserves an Emmy nod for the best supporting actor.