MU TOUR 2023: USA Confirmed

RVN1991

Hopefully they play in LA. Havent been to a United Game out here since 2010 when they played Chivas in Guadalajara for their stadium inauguration. Not a fan of these preseason friendlies but this squad has me excited enough to go catch a match.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
St Louis is a small insignificant city. Right @Red in STL ;)
Define small - greater STL has a population similar to Manchester, actually the 2 have collaborated in the past, downtown doesn't have much going for it though

Manchester got advice from STL when the 2nd runway at the airport was built as the offset parallel operation is similar, and STL got advice with their Metrolink system from Manchester

All in all, not a place to go for your holidays but for sports it's as good as most

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I saw them in KC which is comparatively pretty small. Had pitchside access during a training session as well, which was pretty cool
That was actually the last match I saw United live!

RedDevil@84

Define small - greater STL has a population similar to Manchester, actually the 2 have collaborated in the past, downtown doesn't have much going for it though

Manchester got advice from STL when the 2nd runway at the airport was built as the offset parallel operation is similar, and STL got advice with their Metrolink system from Manchester

All in all, not a place to go for your holidays but for sports it's as good as most
I was just kidding. I have lived in greater STL. Cool place. Been to downtown a few times. I love the Arch, City Museum and Forest Park.

edcunited1878

I have a hunch that United may be part of some type of summer tournament akin to this Soccer Champions Tour that was hosted last year in San Francisco, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and Houston. Teams that participated as part of their broader summer tour were Juventus, Chivas de Guadalajara, Real Madrid, uefalona, Club America.

From the rumors about United playing Wrexham in Vegas or San Diego makes sense. Snapdragon is a new major sponsor of United and they are headquartered in San Diego.

It'll be nice for American supporters to have a chance to see the squad live again, even if it's going to be a tad expensive with travel and tickets. The amenities and facilities are top notch for pre-season.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
I was just kidding. I have lived in greater STL. Cool place. Been to downtown a few times. I love the Arch, City Museum and Forest Park.
I live about 15 miles from downtown, can count on my fingers the number of times I've been in the city in the last 10 years!!

ThemanGiggsy

I live about 15 miles from downtown, can count on my fingers the number of times I've been in the city in the last 10 years!!
Downtown went to crap when the Rams left. STL used to be an amazing city, same can be said for most cities nowadays. i am originally from a town right down the road from STL, but hoping the tour goes to Atlanta, which is an easier drive, or maybe Dallas

ElectroManiac

Throw some love to the SE! Atlanta? Charlotte?

Please?
Too Republican :lol:
Georgia is a purple state now. We have 2 Democrats Senators, a Republican Governor and Biden won here. Atlanta the city is pretty liberal to, but politics shouldn't be a reason for this anyways

Atlanta has a phenomenal new stadium, the highest attendance in MLS, and some really passionate football fans. Also, I can drive there. :)
So much this yes please. Come to ATL. There's so many Manchester United fans over here and a football fans in general.

Vamos, vamos, vamos ATL!
VAMOS VAMOS ATL :devil:

Reactions: golden_blunder

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Downtown went to crap when the Rams left. STL used to be an amazing city, same can be said for most cities nowadays. i am originally from a town right down the road from STL, but hoping the tour goes to Atlanta, which is an easier drive, or maybe Dallas
It went to crap long before the Rams left, I only ever go there now to see the odd Cardinals game or a gig at the Enterprise

I'll be driving thru Atlanta in a few weeks, been 3-4 years since I was in Dallas

i assume as Dallas and Atlanta are easy driving for you you're in the sort of I-20/I-24/I-40 type corridor

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Georgia is a purple state now. We have 2 Democrats Senators, a Republican Governor and Biden won here. Atlanta the city is pretty liberal to, but politics shouldn't be a reason for this anyways
Only because the Reds had 2 cnuts running, and Marjorie Taylor Greene isn't that far away and she's reason enough on her own :lol:

Strootman's Finger

I'd like to go against the grain and say, for the love of god, don't go to chicago. We don't need the United team bus shot up. Why don't we just go to Donetsk on our summer tour? Probably safer.

Todd

I'd like to go against the grain and say, for the love of god, don't go to chicago. We don't need the United team bus shot up. Why don't we just go to Donetsk on our summer tour? Probably safer.
I've been to Chicago ~50 times and the single time I saw an instance of violence it was two drunk guys trying to throw punches at either other outside of a bar. Chicago is an amazing city and the areas the team and fans would be in (i.e. around Soldier Field and Lakeshore Drive) are awesome and completely safe.

I really hope they make it to Chicago again. I saw them play PSG there several years back. Even drove next to the team bus the night before (they weren't on the bus however).

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I've been to Chicago ~50 times and the single time I saw an instance of violence it was two drunk guys trying to throw punches at either other outside of a bar. Chicago is an amazing city and the areas the team and fans would be in (i.e. around Soldier Field and Lakeshore Drive) are awesome and completely safe.

I really hope they make it to Chicago again. I saw them play PSG there several years back. Even drove next to the team bus the night before (they weren't on the bus however).
This was my experience as well. Sister went to Northwestern Law, so I spent a chunk of time over the 3 years visiting and walking the city. Same when we moved to WI and were a short drive. Never saw violence other than a drunk Cubs fan losing a fight with a lamp post.

RedDevil@84

Even drove next to the team bus the night before (they weren't on the bus however).
Reminds me on my way to the Ann Arbor game in 2018. I was taking an exit and couple of cars suddenly started coming from behind blazing. Expecting some emergency, everyone pulled over to the right to see 3 cop cars followed by the big bus with United tour 2018 poster right behind it. Couldn't see any players as they were flying at silly speeds.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Will wait on the dates and how it aligns but I might be in Vegas during pre-season times so might go watch a game.