MU TOUR 2023: USA Confirmed

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
hard to call them perfectly safe. Chicago is a crime haven at the moment.
Chicago is as safe as any major city in the US or elsewhere, unless of course you use right wing media

Big cities have more gun related crime because of the number of people there, that's fairly logical, but rural areas have more gun related crime per head of population

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/murder-map-deadliest-u-s-cities/41/just murders and is from 2019, apparently there's no standard way of collating this info because of differing state laws - the results are pretty surprising and today's figures are probably similar

Strootman's Finger

Arguing with another member
You do know it's possible to work, spend time with a loved one, get laid, learn something new and own a random internet person with reprehensible far-right views, yes? None precludes the other; it's time management.
My god you people are exhausting, everyone I don't agree with is far right. That's the mindset of a child, grow up, have nuanced thoughts, opinions and discussions and try to act like a civilized adult, it will serve you better in life.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
My god you people are exhausting, everyone I don't agree with is far right. That's the mindset of a child, grow up, have nuanced thoughts, opinions and discussions and try to act like a civilized adult, it will serve you better in life.
Says the person who compared Chicago to Donetsk.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Always seems to be Miami and we miss out. I haven't been to one of our games since I moved here. Before that my season ticket was in stretty. We can hope.
I traveled to see them play Milan in The Meadowlands back in 2004, was living in Georgia at the time. Most of the top stars were not on the tour, resting from the Euros or just whatever reason; Rooney hadn't signed yet. Biggest stars on tour were Giggs, Keane, and Scholes, think Ruud arrived a match later if at all. Was nice to see the two Americans play - Howard and Spector. I had such high hopes for Spector after those first few preseason and opening league matches that year.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
It went to crap long before the Rams left, I only ever go there now to see the odd Cardinals game or a gig at the Enterprise

I'll be driving thru Atlanta in a few weeks, been 3-4 years since I was in Dallas

i assume as Dallas and Atlanta are easy driving for you you're in the sort of I-20/I-24/I-40 type corridor
If they play in Dallas it's probably in AT&T Stadium which is in Arlington, they'll cram 100K in there including standing room only.

If it's the Cotton Bowl then it's near downtown Dallas but it will be hot as feck with no roof.

Todd

Everyone I disagree with certainly isn't right-wing.

But when people claim that if you go to Chicago you're gonna get robbed/shot it absolutely IS based on a right-wing trope.

Vanrouge

"You people"? Which group of "people" are you assigning me to (presumably with "nuance")? I don't need to be "nuanced" when I'm making a simple and obvious point, that your views of the political left are reprehensible to me. Whataboutery, bothsidesism, gaslighting. You employ the usual trifecta. Projection too. Other than that, I can be as nuanced and considered as anyone. What would you like to discuss?

Vanrouge

Come back to Seattle! Theres a huge fan base in Western Canada that can also drive down
Yes, Cascadia is a healthy football region of North America. In 2015, we drove down to Seattle (from BC) to see United play Club América in what was then known as CenturyLink Field, now Lumen Field, and it was a great day. I think around 46,000 fans attended, which is a good crowd considering it wasn't the Sounders we faced, but a Mexican team.

Vanrouge

Incidentally, it's your use of an inaccurate right-wing trope about Chicago that makes me think you lean that way. Did you know that Chicago is not even in the top thirty of the most violent cities in the United States? No? Well, now you do, so perhaps you'll stop repeating that falsehood. And I say that as someone with literally no dog in this fight as I'm Canadian with no ties to Chicago whatsoever.

Gator Nate

Incidentally, it's your use of an inaccurate right-wing trope about Chicago that makes me think you lean that way. Did you know that Chicago is not even in the top thirty of the most violent cities in the United States? No? Well, now you do, so perhaps you'll stop repeating that falsehood. And I say that as someone with literally no dog in this fight as I'm Canadian with no ties to Chicago whatsoever.
I'll just throw someone in Chicago in a hole with someone from New York and tell them both their pizzas suck. Hilarity will ensue.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
If they play in Dallas it's probably in AT&T Stadium which is in Arlington, they'll cram 100K in there including standing room only.

If it's the Cotton Bowl then it's near downtown Dallas but it will be hot as feck with no roof.
AT&T Stadium - is that the new Texas Rangers stadium?

atkar83

Yes, Cascadia is a healthy football region of North America. In 2015, we drove down to Seattle (from BC) to see United play Club América in what was then known as CenturyLink Field, now Lumen Field, and it was a great day. I think around 46,000 fans attended, which is a good crowd considering it wasn't the Sounders we faced, but a Mexican team.
Yeah I had a blast that day (also drove down from BC). It was also nice to see them in Seattle in...2011? I think De Geas first year. I remember United only being up 1-0 at the half and then Rooney going off and it ending 7-0 or something.

Vanrouge

Yeah I had a blast that day (also drove down from BC). It was also nice to see them in Seattle in...2011? I think De Geas first year. I remember United only being up 1-0 at the half and then Rooney going off and it ending 7-0 or something.
I wish I'd gone to that game too! Although I checked, and I think you're misremembering slightly. It was 2011 as you say, and it was 7-0 to United as you also remembered, but Rooney scored a hat trick in the second half.

atkar83

I wish I'd gone to that game too! Although I checked, and I think you're misremembering slightly. It was 2011 as you say, and it was 7-0 to United as you also remembered, but Rooney scored a hat trick in the second half.
I meant going off in a good way, like scoring a bunch haha. My bad

Strootman's Finger

I'm canadian too, I don't care about the US, I don't care about there politics. My comment, which initially was actually meant to be a bit of a joke, is actually based more on the things I have been told by multiple friends of mine that have lived in Chicago. One went to school there for a couple years, said every night he laid in bed and counted the gun shots. He is a person that is as apolitical as I know, the discussions had nothing to do with politics, they were just stories of his actual life. I had another pair of good friends that lived there for about 5 years, and left explicitly because it was getting increasingly unsafe, and these people are very much in the liberal category.

Again, my comment was not political, my world doesn't revolve around american politics, in fact, I don't care about them, but make the wrong comment on this board, or anywhere in the world right now, and you'll get a bunch of americans spitting venom about the other side, and frankly I am sick to death of it, from both sides, which is why as soon as politics was brought into this, my tone change, purely out of exhaustion.

Vanrouge

I'm canadian too, I don't care about the US, I don't care about there politics. My comment, which initially was actually meant to be a bit of a joke, is actually based more on the things I have been told by multiple friends of mine that have lived in Chicago. One went to school there for a couple years, said every night he laid in bed and counted the gun shots. He is a person that is as apolitical as I know, the discussions had nothing to do with politics, they were just stories of his actual life. I had another pair of good friends that lived there for about 5 years, and left explicitly because it was getting increasingly unsafe, and these people are very much in the liberal category.

Again, my comment was not political, my world doesn't revolve around american politics, in fact, I don't care about them, but make the wrong comment on this board, or anywhere in the world right now, and you'll get a bunch of americans spitting venom about the other side, and frankly I am sick to death of it, from both sides, which is why as soon as politics was brought into this, my tone change, purely out of exhaustion.
It's not both sides, though. Much of the actual real-world danger currently comes from the far-right (I'm talking about fascists, neo-nazis, white supremacists, etc.). Unfortunately, the Republican obsession with Chicago, whether you're aware of it or not, has been a far-right racist trope for some time. That's probably what others have been reacting to in this conversation, even if you're not cognizant of the history. Can you at least see how odd it is that Chicago is often cited by American Republicans for being a violent city when it's not even in the top thirty and far more southern cities with smaller Black populations are higher in the list?

Strootman's Finger

It's not both sides, though. Much of the actual real-world danger currently comes from the far-right (I'm talking about fascists, neo-nazis, white supremacists, etc.). Unfortunately, the Republican obsession with Chicago, whether you're aware of it or not, has been a far-right racist trope for some time. That's probably what others have been reacting to in this conversation, even if you're not cognizant of the history. Can you at least see how odd it is that Chicago is often cited by American Republicans for being a violent city when it's not even in the top thirty and far more southern cities with smaller Black populations are higher in the list?
Honestly, I don't care to have this discussion, the subject doesn't interest me.

FriedClams

To be fair, its # 31 and that list only focusses on violent crime. There are over 300 proper cities in america (population over 100,000, which is what the crime statistics get based off of) so ranking 31 isnt great at all.

The truth with chicago is it's far more likely you are a victim of some sort of crime there than the left would have you believe, but way less likely to be shot at than the right would have you believe.

Lj82

Damn. How I wish I am still living in the US. I really don't have luck with this.

Cantonagotmehere

The iconic soccer team plays in the iconic football stadium - Lambeau Field.

Packers: green and gold, iconic coach Lombardi, most NFL championships, working class city
Red Devils: green and yellow original colors, iconic manager, most Premier League championships, working class city
It just fits.
That would be amazing!

Cantonagotmehere

If Utd shows up in WI the year after we moved I will start a one man riot.
Understood!

I am in Baltimore, and took 2 of my kids to RFK in DC to United vs Barca a few years ago. I left home 3.5 hours before the match for what can be about a 1 hour drive. Traffic/parking was so bad we did not get in until halftime. People were getting out of cars on the highway and trying to find ways to the stadium. Messi came off at half, so my kids missed him. We could hardly see the pitch from our seats. My kids were 7 and 9 and tried to put on a brave face. I started my own 1 man riot vs RFK after that game. It also took us 1 hour to get out of the parking lot to start the drive home. Only time i ever saw United play.... Silver lining I did not get shot in Balto or DC ;)

Last edited:

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Understood!

I am in Baltimore, and took 2 of my kids to RFK in DC to United vs Barca a few years ago. I left home 3.5 hours before the match for what can be about a 1 hour drive. Traffic/parking was so bad we did not get in until halftime. People were getting out of cars on the highway and trying to find ways to the stadium. Messi came off at half, so my kids missed him. We could hardly see the pitch from our seats. My kids were 7 and 9 and tried to put on a brave face. I started my own 1 man riot vs RFK after that game. It also took us 1 hour to get out of the parking lot to start the drive home. Only time i ever saw United play.... Silver lining I did not get shot in Balto or DC ;)
Sound like pretty much any NFL stadium experience which is why college football is awesome. Show up 5 hours early to tailgate and then hang out for an hour or so after to let the alcohol completely clear the system before driving home. Never enjoyed NFL games but had ridiculous amounts of fun going to games at Auburn and UAT.

Cantonagotmehere

Sound like pretty much any NFL stadium experience which is why college football is awesome. Show up 5 hours early to tailgate and then hang out for an hour or so after to let the alcohol completely clear the system before driving home. Never enjoyed NFL games but had ridiculous amounts of fun going to games at Auburn and UAT.
Ravens games are great. Easy in and out with the Stadium downtown. Fun bars and restaurants within walking distance. Can get there 1230 and get in fine, but I hear ya, it's an aberration.