MU TOUR 2023: USA Confirmed

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Piss off. You have no idea what you're talking about and you just come off 100% ignorant.
Hold on now, are you telling me the person who brought us this:
Republicans are stupid, democrats are evil. That's the general adage, and is pretty damn accurate.
And this:
No extremists are good, on either side, fullstop. But it's the left wing extremists that effect your day to day life. Right wing extremists have no voice, have no power, and have no influence on society. Left wing extremists get entertainment changed, companies to change products, get people fired, get businesses closed, get education changed, get fecking plastic straws banned, there are a powerful group with a lot of influence on our society, one of the most influential.
And especially this:
What institution in society, in 2023, is driven by extreme people on the right? The right have zero cultural influence, very little poltical influence and even less business influence.
Has no idea what they are talking about? Shame on you, shame.

RedDevilQuebecois

A shame they can't make a slight detour to Toronto like in 2010. A bunch of Reds here in Montreal would have worked on something to see the lads in action at BMO Field.

Get In Scholesy

Actually in Chicago I do have somewhere I could stay, the cost isn't really relevant as I can afford it but Chicago in July is stifling hot despite Lake Michigan being close by, I'll stay inside my nice air-conditioned house and watch on TV ;)

I've seen United play live several hundred times so I'll not miss seeing them in a game like this
Yeah fair play. Not many people have had such luxury so these games are a great opportunity to see their favourite team in action. Although the quality of games are severely lacking.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
A shame they can't make a slight detour to Toronto like in 2010. A bunch of Reds here in Montreal would have worked on something to see the lads in action at BMO Field.
I used to hit up the United pubs on Yonge and Englinton in the GTA. A massive reds following there.

lex talionis

I've heard Vegas may be in the mix. Would be preferable to LA at least given that the Rose Bowl is a terrible place for fan access.
I went to the United/Galaxy match at the Rose Bowl 7-8 years ago and it took longer to get out the parking area than it did to play the game itself. Massive attendance that night, maybe over 90,000, at least 2/3 United supporters.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I went to the United/Galaxy match at the Rose Bowl 7-8 years ago and it took longer to get out the parking area than it did to play the game itself. Massive attendance that night, maybe over 90,000, at least 2/3 United supporters.
I was there in 2014 (might've been the same time as you). A massive goat rope getting in and out, on top of which I bought the training session pass but only got to watch from the stands.

sidsutton

If they go to NY it's a 6 hour drive either way, right? Depending on the date I'll consider it if it happens.

SpanishMain

The iconic soccer team plays in the iconic football stadium - Lambeau Field.

Packers: green and gold, iconic coach Lombardi, most NFL championships, working class city
Red Devils: green and yellow original colors, iconic manager, most Premier League championships, working class city
It just fits.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
The start of this will probably be taking place a month after the FA Cup Final. We lose any right to moan about fatigue next season when we're forcing the players to do this.

Strootman's Finger

Hold on now, are you telling me the person who brought us this:

And this:

And especially this:

Has no idea what they are talking about? Shame on you, shame.
I see you chose to spend your time researching me, someone you don't know, who lives 1000s of miles from you, who is just a username on the internet, that could be anyone in the world. Instead of working, spending time with loved one, getting laid, learning something new, etc. What an absolutely sad waste of your life trying to put together some gotcha post on an internet forum to get someone you don't' even know.

ThemanGiggsy

It went to crap long before the Rams left, I only ever go there now to see the odd Cardinals game or a gig at the Enterprise

I'll be driving thru Atlanta in a few weeks, been 3-4 years since I was in Dallas

i assume as Dallas and Atlanta are easy driving for you you're in the sort of I-20/I-24/I-40 type corridor
i agree downtown was going bad before they actually left. i used to live down in Soulard and would walk to Busch for games. would be crazy to do that now.

and yes i am right off I-10 on the Gulf Coast.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
The start of this will probably be taking place a month after the FA Cup Final. We lose any right to moan about fatigue next season when we're forcing the players to do this.
There are Euro qualifiers in June and not sure when last of Nations League is, so it might be a pretty inexperience squad going to the US of they are letting internationals have the required holidays.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It's pre-season training, they're doing it anyway, location doesn't really matter that much, it's not like they're travelling in cattle class like us plebs usually do

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I see you chose to spend your time researching me, someone you don't know, who lives 1000s of miles from you, who is just a username on the internet, that could be anyone in the world. Instead of working, spending time with loved one, getting laid, learning something new, etc. What an absolutely sad waste of your life trying to put together some gotcha post on an internet forum to get someone you don't' even know.
This site has a thing called a "search engine".

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Seem to goto America every other year if not every year.

Miss the days of random countries like South Africa or Asia tours.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
What happens if the Saudis buy the club in the next week or 2? Wouldn't they want the club to tour in their part of the world?

Strootman's Finger

This site has a thing called a "search engine".
Which I will never use because my life is full enough I don't need to own someone I don't know on the internet. But if it makes your existence a little less miserable by all means, search me out, just know, it won't affect me in the slightest.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Which I will never use because my life is full enough I don't need to own someone I don't know on the internet. But if it makes your existence a little less miserable by all means, search me out, just know, it won't affect me in the slightest.

urinates in helmets
Supports
Berwick Rangers
United don't have the Nike campus in Portland this time. They use to base there for a bit.

Be nice to see them back in Seattle, Vegas would be great though. Finally a reason to wear football tops in Vegas, something that's always cringy to see.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I live about 15 miles from downtown, can count on my fingers the number of times I've been in the city in the last 10 years!!
Same here. Downtown is not appealing anymore. OTOH St. Louis has a new soccer-only stadium which would be great for a pre-season game. It would definitely sell out.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Same here. Downtown is not appealing anymore. OTOH St. Louis has a new soccer-only stadium which would be great for a pre-season game. It would definitely sell out.
How many does it hold? I would think that they are going to shoot for some of the more massive venues (60K+).

gerdm07

Why does the note under my name say "Thinks we should have kept Pereira." I'm pretty sure I never said anything like that. How does one change that?

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire

Who the hell checks that last option.
'Yes, what I'm looking forward to most about the tour is learning how Cadbury chocolate energizes the players on weekends.'
John Terry.

(Totally topical reference)

gerdm07

How many does it hold? I would think that they are going to shoot for some of the more massive venues (60K+).
Under 30k and I know that would be a problem. Would be fun though.

Vanrouge

Arguing with another member
You do know it's possible to work, spend time with a loved one, get laid, learn something new and own a random internet person with reprehensible far-right views, yes? None precludes the other; it's time management.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I'd like to go against the grain and say, for the love of god, don't go to chicago. We don't need the United team bus shot up. Why don't we just go to Donetsk on our summer tour? Probably safer.
Chicago isn't that dangerous. Not even in the top 15 of the most dangerous cities in America. If you aren't gangbanging you have nothing to worry about.

NotworkSte

Come on Tampa! Would be nice since I live in the area and will be back stateside by early July. Also, I can host a 2-3 of you lot.
Always seems to be Miami and we miss out. I haven't been to one of our games since I moved here. Before that my season ticket was in stretty. We can hope.

Todd

Chicago isn't that dangerous. Not even in the top 15 of the most dangerous cities in America. If you aren't gangbanging you have nothing to worry about.
The whole 'Chicago is dangerous' thing is just a tired right-wing trope, echoed by people who have never even stepped foot in the city, used to attack the idea of gun control.

The reality is that basically anywhere that's dangerous in Chicago isn't an area that a tourist would have any interest in going anyway.

The popular toursty areas (Lakeshore, Magnificent Mile, Wrigleyville, Soldier Field, Navy Pier, etc) are all perfectly safe and enjoyable.

Canuckred64

I think I will pass. Over priced tickets, played in huge stadiums unsuited for football with many of the first team not playing. I have seen United in Michigan and in Chicago in the past and didn't think it was worth the expense.

FriedClams

The whole 'Chicago is dangerous' thing is just a tired right-wing trope, echoed by people who have never even stepped foot in the city, used to attack the idea of gun control.

The reality is that basically anywhere that's dangerous in Chicago isn't an area that a tourist would have any interest in going anyway.

The popular toursty areas (Lakeshore, Magnificent Mile, Wrigleyville, Soldier Field, Navy Pier, etc) are all perfectly safe and enjoyable.
hard to call them perfectly safe. Chicago is a crime haven at the moment.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
It's fairly small though