MUFC new transfer recruitment procedure

Fox_Chrys

Supports
LCFC
So, United have data on thousands of players all across the globe and end up signing three players from clubs playing in English leagues, two of which were extremely obvious signings.

Sounds like that all that data is really being put to good use.
My thoughts were the same.

Kind of convenient despite having this massive scouting network, you still primarily recruited from the EPL established players.

Also your scouting team wasn't responsible for how long it took Maguire to get signed, which used up most of your off season.

AR87

Kind of convenient despite having this massive scouting network, you still primarily recruited from the EPL established players.

Also your scouting team wasn't responsible for how long it took Maguire to get signed, which used up most of your off season.
I don't know why that's convenient. It's still Manchester United. Having a better scouting network doesn't mean you won't make obvious signings, but it may help you unearth some gems that you wouldn't have otherwise, like Daniel James.

NWRed

I don't know why that's convenient. It's still Manchester United. Having a better scouting network doesn't mean you won't make obvious signings, but it may help you unearth some gems that you wouldn't have otherwise, like Daniel James.
It's common knowledge on the cafe that no one at the club had anything to do with Daniel James joining (or anything else that's going well).

Giggs drove him to Carrington one morning, introduced him to Woodward and wouldn't leave until Woodward signed him. Woodward did so only to get Giggs out of his office.

TheReligion

Abusive
Are people here actually unhappy we signed Maguire, Wan Bissaka and James?!

All three are doing well. Our transfer business has been sound and I really don't see what there is to moan about here.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies

All three are doing well. Our transfer business has been sound and I really don't see what there is to moan about here.
It's confusing because people seem annoyed that our new scouting techniques ended up with 3 players from the English league system, they don't seem to take into account just how well our new signings are doing.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Every signing should be unknown Ecuadorian or something. I'm actually in favour of picking the best man for the job rather than going English for the sake of it. But if the RB that's right for us is English then got for him. It doesn't mean the scouting efforts werent taken.

TheReligion

Abusive
It's confusing because people seem annoyed that our new scouting techniques ended up with 3 players from the English league system, they don't seem to take into account just how well our new signings are doing.
It seems the majority of our foreign fans suddenly believe United won't look abroad anymore and simply want to sign British players (despite the fact no one has said that and reports from The Athletic say the opposite). Who cares where our players are from and how much they cost though? As long as they are the right fit, perform and want to be at the club that'll do for me. Maguire and Wan Bissaka were well sought after and they wanted to come here. Both are doing great. In addition Dan James is getting better and better and is also giving everything for the shirt.

Can't see why people must whine and moan about every little thing at the moment. It's all very dramatic.

clarkydaz

James was a Leeds player until they botched the deal. Where was the scouting system for him at that time?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
James was a Leeds player until they botched the deal. Where was the scouting system for him at that time?
In fairness there wasn't exactly a lot to go off at that point, he was only half way through his first professional season. This summer was likely the start of seeing the results of this new system, we'll see in the next few years if it's any good or not.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I thought Daniel James was recommended to us like Martial was by Giggs or something more than a change in scouting or transfer procedure?

I have wanted the Leicester data analyst type scouting for ages now atleast when targeting some unknown players - but I do understand being United we can't always just target random players from League 2 French League or Mexican football every transfer window either.

Acole9

Outstanding
I thought Daniel James was recommended to us like Martial was by Giggs or something more than a change in scouting or transfer procedure?

I have wanted the Leicester data analyst type scouting for ages now atleast when targeting some unknown players - but I do understand being United we can't always just target random players from League 2 French League or Mexican football every transfer window either.
It would be good to see but players are scrutinised more at United.

roseguy64

Maguire and James had United connections re: Phelan and Giggs respectively. The recommendations were added to the factors in signing them. It's been mentioned before that we're not just taking into effect the ability on the field but how they are off the field. Probably regarding the Sanchez and di Maria signings as failures because they didn't fit. That's why we signed those two ahead of whoever else was in contention.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's the spin that accompanies everything we do that is so annoying.
Give it loads about how good our approach has been to something when we've actually undeniably achieved something.