MUFC U19s vs Young Boys

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Hoogewerf has been excellent since he come on, torn them to pieces.
McNeil got the swagger and arrogance and numbers to make it.

I however feel that his lack of raw strength or pace will make it very difficult to transition to a PL level. What do others think?
I think he's pretty pacy.

AltiUn

Some excellent keeping and defending by Murray to keep it at 2-1.

AltiUn

No I didnt mean that, he was OGS star academy pick up from Norway so you never know how that affects a kids mind.
I don't think Solskjaer had anything to do with it. He'd been coming over on trial since he was 14 and we've been tracking him even longer, bit like we've been tracking Pinaev for years.

AltiUn

Interesting to hear the referee shouting at Murray that he has a yellow. Good guy Ref.

Good game, job done. Onto the knockouts now :drool:

trevor newnham

Supports
Vigo RFC, Charlton
I think Hanson has a huge potential, as does McCann. I also think Svidersky looks promising. we seem to pick up goalkeepers who look the real deal too. A scrappy win in the end. We gave the ball away far too many times

Uniquim

I don't think Solskjaer had anything to do with it. He'd been coming over on trial since he was 14 and we've been tracking him even longer, bit like we've been tracking Pinaev for years.
Yeah, Solskjaer had nothing to do with it. He was discovered through one of our footballing schools. Solskjaer just happened to be in charge when he signed a proper contract, he signed a pre-contract before Ole was hired.

His parents signed him up for a United football school in Tromsø. The results were noted and compared with kids from a bunch of other nordic cities, and then the school sent him as a 10-year old to visit Old Trafford and train at The Cliff. That was 2014.

And then 2 years later in 2016, he travelled with his club Tromsø to a mini-tournament in Oslo. United sent a scout to watch him. Apparently United had been keeping tabs on him before then too. In 2017 he played in a tournament in Denmark. He was still 12 at the time, and Liverpool contacted Tromsø about him after the tournament. They'd been keeping tabs on him too. He was going to be on trial for both clubs for a week. At Liverpool he was moved to train with older players almost immediately having impressed, and then they asked him to stay on trial for another week, and Liverpool actually drove him to Manchester to drop him off, where he also impressed. Everton had noticed him during one of the trials, so he joined them in a tournament in Italy.

Then he had a decision to make. He's been on record saying 'I didn't have to answer right away, but I realized quite quickly I wanted to join United. It was the way I had been included in the group, and that they had a very good plan for me."

Then 15 months before turning 16, he signed a pre-contract. When he turned 16 he signed a proper contract.

AltiUn

Yeah, Solskjaer had nothing to do with it. He was discovered through one of our footballing schools. Solskjaer just happened to be in charge when he signed a proper contract, he signed a pre-contract before Ole was hired.

His parents signed him up for a United football school in Tromsø. The results were noted and compared with kids from a bunch of other nordic cities, and then the school sent him as a 10-year old to visit Old Trafford and train at The Cliff. That was 2014.

And then 2 years later in 2016, he travelled with his club Tromsø to a mini-tournament in Oslo. United sent a scout to watch him. Apparently United had been keeping tabs on him before then too. In 2017 he played in a tournament in Denmark. He was still 12 at the time, and Liverpool contacted Tromsø about him after the tournament. They'd been keeping tabs on him too. He was going to be on trial for both clubs for a week. At Liverpool he was moved to train with older players almost immediately having impressed, and then they asked him to stay on trial for another week, and Liverpool actually drove him to Manchester to drop him off, where he also impressed. Everton had noticed him during one of the trials, so he joined them in a tournament in Italy.

Then he had a decision to make. He's been on record saying 'I didn't have to answer right away, but I realized quite quickly I wanted to join United. It was the way I had been included in the group, and that they had a very good plan for me."

Then 15 months before turning 16, he signed a pre-contract. When he turned 16 he signed a proper contract.
Wow, thanks for that, really informative post. Nice to hear he had little hesitation in signing for us.

Mickson

Really impressive performance, even though I can be a little annoyed that some of our forwards are very selfish. I thought we were good all around. Keep playing Hansen and Mainoo and they will shine. Remember that we could field almost three starting elevens with good quality and pretty much win this game either way.

Sea-Cow

I however feel that his lack of raw strength or pace will make it very difficult to transition to a PL level. What do others think?
PL level might be a bit of a stretch, just because its incredibly difficult and one million different things have to go right for them to reach that level. But he could also still grow a bit and his body could mature / change some, and maybe he could develop an extra half-yard of pace. Who knows.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
What's the rationale behind the shirt numbers? 81, 76. Lots of very high double digits.

AjaxCunian

vexingwijsneus
Supports
Ajax & United
PL level might be a bit of a stretch, just because its incredibly difficult and one million different things have to go right for them to reach that level. But he could also still grow a bit and his body could mature / change some, and maybe he could develop an extra half-yard of pace. Who knows.
Difficult to tell, but he'll be 19 at the beginning next season. Will be interesting.

Mickson

I don't rate him particularly high. Too limited in the general play.

What's the rationale behind the shirt numbers? 81, 76. Lots of very high double digits.
It's their first team number.