MUTV £29.99 Annual Subscription | Is it worth it?

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Just seen it’s reduced for the year? Is it worth it?

Can you watch all the games through it?

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
As others have said, only worth getting for the youth games. I wouldn't be giving the Glazers my money to be honest, had it previously but unsubscribed.

Deery

Dreary
No, you’ll never watch it, unless it’s pre season

Tiber

The documentaries they make are quite good, but its mostly only useful in preseason. Unless you really want to phone Paddy Crerand

Mo Caine

Supports
United from 1977 until 2007
£29.99 ? i wouldn't even watch it if it was free

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
I think it got worse throughout the years, Do they even allow complaints through anymore? I remember poor Paddy desperately trying to defend Moyes when every fan was calling in complaining about the team.

If only we knew what we know now, it went from bad to worse!

redflash

No cant watch all games
No not worth it...unless you have a keen interest in watching the youth games.

Is good during pre-season tours and transfer windows as you get exclusives and live games

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I think it got worse throughout the years, Do they even allow complaints through anymore? I remember poor Paddy desperately trying to defend Moyes when every fan was calling in complaining about the team.

If only we knew what we know now, it went from bad to worse!
They aren't taking phone calls at all I don't think. Think they are petrified what some disgruntled fan will blurt out live. I watch the games again on there, as only two people giving their opinions instead of every Tom, Dick and Harry on the other channels. Used to enjoy the phone-ins as it just proved to me that I wasn't the only one tearing my hair out.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Same! My missus got it for me about 10 years ago now, I sometimes watch the old classic games and usually watch the pre season games which is handy to see any new players but nothing else.
Yeah I have it for preseason and seem to be locked in at the ridiculous price of $3.79 CAD per month, so I'm never letting that go. Would like to start watching the U23 matches but I am incensed that they don't have an android TV app yet.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I only ever watch it for the pre season games and the reserve matches tbh.

Probably not worth the money when people just put highlight videos up onto youtube immediately these days.

Red For Ever

Yeah that $3.79 CAD per month is really lining the Glazer pockets. :rolleyes:

x 175,000 = $663,250 per month
or $7,959,000 CAD per year

or £4602924.78 in UK sterling

Apparently, they have over 1 million subscribers to the MUTV app as well as the above

Apparently, fan engagement from £1.60 a month in India and £6.30 in Finland is worth £80 million per year

Last edited:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
How long's the offer going on for? Cancelled it at the start of Covid but the illegal MUTV streams make watching the youth matches difficult. Thinking about picking it up again when I get paid.

dalriada

I'm going to defend MUTV, for £30 a year at the moment, it's worthwhile. You're obviously not going to get live coverage of the matches as they're tied up with Sky/BT etc, so only live commentary. They usually broadcast the matches from about midnight on the day after, so useful if I've not seen the match live.

Good points:
Good to get the Utd slant on the commentary.
For all the criticism I see, I've always found Stewart Gardner well-informed as a commentator and he's been around a while and knows the club well.
Ben Thornley is a good match commentator and often picks up on things the TV commentator's don't.
U23/U18 matches, and useful for anyone interested in women's games.
The group chats with David May, Danny Webber, Wes Brown and Ben Thornley have been enjoyable during lockdown and some good football background.
Some interesting exclusive stuff and pre-season coverage.

Bad points:
It's the club TV channel, so don't expect controversy and criticism (although Jose apparently stopped talking to them because he thought they were criticising him).
The analysis is very deferential, especially after bad games, depending who the ex-player is doing the analysis.
Would like to see more technical analysis, Gary Neville-style.
A lot more "classic" (i.e. old) matches than there used to be.
They took Paddy off the air (although he's well past retirement age and not as sharp as he was, say, 10 years ago), although partly because of COVID.

As far as boycotting it as a protest against the Glazers, at £30 a year I doubt if it's run as a money-making project like the apparel, so I'm not going to take it out on the MUTV guys, who genuinely try to do a good job.
It's probably not for anyone expecting an anti-Glazer/anti-Ed/anti-Ole moan-in.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Yeah that $3.79 CAD per month is really lining the Glazer pockets. :rolleyes:
Yeah, everyone should just think like that. £15 for one PPV is really going to line their pockets ain't it. And a measly £50 for a shirt? Hardly going to make a big impact is it.

lysglimt

Scout
For me it's a no brainer - yes it's worth it to watch 15-20 reserve and U18 games

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Yeah, everyone should just think like that. £15 for one PPV is really going to line their pockets ain't it. And a measly £50 for a shirt? Hardly going to make a big impact is it.
We don't have the PPV scheme here but my main point was that $3.79 CAD is dick all (about two pounds apparently). There likely aren't that many MUTV subscribers here to make it a significant contribution to the bottom line after operating costs.

RedDevil@84

We don't have the PPV scheme here but my main point was that $3.79 CAD is dick all (about two pounds apparently). There likely aren't that many MUTV subscribers here to make it a significant contribution to the bottom line after operating costs.
Little drops of water, make a mighty ocean and all that.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Used to have it as I loved pre season games and watched all the youth games, then they went through a period of not showing the youth games either, which made me wonder why I was paying £6 a month to watch re runs of the same show for the last 5 years.

I also hated the charisma black hole that was the commentator.

Hopefully its improved now?

RedDevil@84

Stop giving United money.
I agree. At least on principle.
It might not be big money for Glazers, but when multiple people do not subscribe, at least it seems to send a message. Regardless of whether they care or not.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Yeah that is dick all. But like you've already implied, not many people get it at that price. You've got it insanely cheap.

My point is, pennies make pounds and all that.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
SAF actually boycotted the channel in 2011. That was a interesting time.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I had it for a few days when it was free for everyone. Didn't watch a single thing for more than 5 minutes. Not interested in reserve or youth games

Andersons Dietician

If ever anything needed a complete reboot and overhaul it’s the MUTV channel. It walks hand in hand with the club in the stoneage. So much potential there to have something good but it really isn’t. It’s terrible. The best thing that was ever shown on it was the Rio Tour Diaries.

For the life of me I can’t figure out why they haven’t leaned in to the Woman’s team more. Maybe Casey didn’t want any form of distractions but a camera crew following them with interviews and footage throughout the year from their first full season would have been worth watching.

When Danny Higginbottom left they lost their only could analyst Andrew everyone else is just a black hole of charisma or just not very good. Everything about it is horrid from the layout of the sets to the dress code.

Shambles of a channel.