MUTV showing classic matches for free - next up: "hattricks"

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
Do they have an archive of old matches to watch? Would like to know before I sign up. Thanks
The series we're talking about in this thread, and producing matchday threads for are free on the United phone app, or at manutd.com - you don't need to register for them. I've been casting the manutd.com version to my Chromecast - and it's worked great.

For MUTV itself - the pay channel that's available online or on Sky - you can see the live schedule at https://mutv.manutd.com/home
The current archive videos are listed there as well. Normally MUTV has live coverage of the U21 and Academy teams, and the women's team - but of course they've no live stuff at the moment.

Patchbeard

Anyone know if they'll be showing any more games? Haven't seen any updates since Sunday.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Did anyone notice that most of the classic games they've been showing are like 10minutes shorter? what gives?

kidbob

Did anyone notice that most of the classic games they've been showing are like 10minutes shorter? what gives?
Think they are showing the 8-2 game tonight. At least that's what I can gather from the official website.

Edit: meant for @Patchbeard

Last edited:

Patchbeard

Think they are showing the 8-2 game tonight. At least that's what I can gather from the official website.

Edit: meant for @Patchbeard
Ta! I was banned from watching last night as my girlfriend is an Arsenal fan :lol:

Looks like there's the 4-3 against City online too now and can watch both on demand :devil:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Too many games from the last 10-15 years for my liking. Was hoping we would dig into the archives a little more and see games that define our history. Are people really wanting to watch City vs United from 17/18 again?

Red_Aaron

2008 was a great.
One of my overriding memories of it is actually a missed chance - if Carlos buries that diving header it would've been one of the greatest ever CL final goals imo, an extraordinary passage of play between 3 world class players at the peak of their talents.
still, worked out alright in the end :)

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Would love to watch ‘68. Not sure I can be arsed with ‘99 again.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
99 will win it, but I've seen it so many times that I'm not really that arsed. Would have enjoyed the Barce game more I reckon.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Saturday's match vote is up: the theme is "individual genius" - surprisingly Best and Ronaldo aren't there but there should still be some watchable memory joggers for most people on the list. Voting is open on the phone app and on manutd.com.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
So the theme for the Thursday 9th April match is "great goals". Scholes, Ronaldo, Rooney and O'Shea provide the highlight goals in question. You can vote in the United app or on manutd.com until 4pm tomorrow. The chosen match will be live streamed at 7pm on Thursday.

lsd

The Oracle
I just cannot listen to the MUTV commentator

big rons sovereign

No classics, but it seems to be Moyes games whenever I switch on. Phil Jones actually looked pretty good back then.
Funny how things turn out.