Music My ears are bleeding (awful song covers)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
So my attention was directed to this today. Some of you may have seen it but for those who haven't you're in for a treat. Puddle of Mudd absolutely butcher Nirvana's 'About a Girl'...

Aptly described by one commentator as the sound of "a Hillbilly being put through a woodchipper" and by another as "Krusty the Clown trying to pass a kidney stone"

Bonus video of Sting looking extremely uncomfortable as Jose Feliciano murders 'Every Breath You Take'

Anyone else got any others?

Sylar

I actually like Puddle of Mudd but that is brutal :lol:

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I think many covers suffer from what is described in this video. Essentially singers try to use them as a vehicle to show off their technique rather than actually adding something or breathing new life into a song

Red Stone

Just wait till those drums kick in. Sweet.
It either requires a huge amount of talent or a profound lack of it to be so outrageously off the beat throughout the whole song. I play myself, and I couldn't pull off a shit-show like that. It's like those "shreds" videos that used to be popular. It can actually take skill to play that badly.

Last edited:

decorativeed

It either requires a huge amount of talent or a profound lack of it to be so outrageously off the beat throughout the whole song. I play myself, and I couldn't pull of a shit-show like that. It's like those "shreds" videos that used to be popular. It can actually take skill to play that badly.
I know what you mean, I play too. I had a chat with Neil Innes once about how he played the solo of Canyons of Your Mind, because it's so bad it's incredibly difficult to replicate.

FireballXL5

It either requires a huge amount of talent or a profound lack of it to be so outrageously off the beat throughout the whole song. I play myself, and I couldn't pull of a shit-show like that. It's like those "shreds" videos that used to be popular. It can actually take skill to play that badly.
Yet they're still better than Greta Van Fleet.

Minkaro

There’s too many to list, but watch any ad break, and you’re guaranteed to suffer at least one depressing shite cover of a previously upbeat song.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
When Blazing Squad did Crossroads by Bone thug n harmony