My husband needs your help - Petition: Ban 'Free Bets'

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
You cannot watch a game without betting ads being thrown in your face. Football clubs are a disgrace for effectively propagating this industry.

mu4c_20le

Really good points about harmful ads to be fair. If cigarette ads are banned then so should these.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
You recently signed the petition “Luke’s Law: Ban 'free bets' and emails that entice gamblers to place 'free bets'”:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/587806

MPs will hold a debate on gambling-related harm on Tuesday 29 March in Westminster Hall. The debate will be led by Carolyn Harris MP. The debate will start at 2:30pm and last for up to 90 minutes.
Great that it’s made it’s way to parliament.Unfortunately I have little faith that this rag tag group of MPs aren’t themselves wholly corrupted by money from the gambling lobby.

Well done to @LukesLaw for getting it this far though as it’s a real achievement and I really hope you get a result.

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
I had the same email, there aren't many petitions that get to the debate stage so yes, it's a small win. Gambling addiction has all been made so much worse by the pandemic and people being stuck at home. I'll bet that there are many people who've recently picked up a gambling habit, who might not have done so otherwise.

Those disingenuous ads on TV that we have to endure now - "take a break, don't gamble all day" etc etc. The apps are designed to lure you in and keep you there without taking a break!