My mind leak on the transfer situation - ramblings of an moronic fan

KingCavani

Martial’s contract renders him unsellable. A loan where we pay half his wages is probably the best bet.

UpWithRivers

First of all everyone knows that the players we want out might be one f the players likely to down tools and stab you in the back first chance they get. Secondly the are on ridiculous wages. Whats Martial on? 250 a week or something ridiculous. Mata 160? Matic 120? Henderson 100?! Who's paying that? No one. Plus we have a load of them that are just injury prone - Bailly or on there last legs - Matic/Mata etc. All that adds up to is that the only way out is loans or free or a minimal fee. Lingard, Pogba will be gone on a free. Martial/Donny or anyone else will be loans or very low fee.

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage
Why do people start a thread where we have a 100 others but feel it's a good place to have their opinion heard? So much of it is ridiculous as well like money for Pogba when anyone can see he will wait until the summer, he doesn't care if the club get's any money he wants to maximise his potential return?

£12m for Matic? How did some posters make it here with opinions like that?

The Irish Connection

All I can say is if this club wants to go back to winning things you can forget about this shambles of a transfer policy where be blow £80m a piece on players like Rice or Bellingham. Feck that. As if £80m on Maguire is not repulsive enough already.
I agree. There are good players available nearing the end of their contracts. We need to use the money wisely. If we’re going to spend anything near that on one player it would have to be someone world class like Frenkie de Jong. But even then, there’s a lot of risk.

Ogbomoso Boys

Out:
Pogba:0
Lingard: 0
Martial: 33
Fred: 20m
Henderson: 40m
Cavani: 0
Mata: 0
Bailly: 15m
Andreas Perreira Whats the name of that Brazilian kid we loaned to Lazio: 2m

In
Antony Matheus: 50m (he's going to be worth every penny)
Rice: 70m
Palinha: 40m

Squad
De Gea / Heaton
AWB / Brandon W
Varane / Lindelof
Maguire / Tuanzebe
Shaw / Telles

Rice / Jones
Palinha / McTominay

Sancho / Antony Matheus
Bruno / DVB
Rashford / Elanga

Ronaldo / Mason

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Why do people start a thread where we have a 100 others but feel it's a good place to have their opinion heard? So much of it is ridiculous as well like money for Pogba when anyone can see he will wait until the summer, he doesn't care if the club get's any money he wants to maximise his potential return?

£12m for Matic? How did some posters make it here with opinions like that?
Having read some of your posts, it seemed any old opinion was valid so I let fly!

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Out:
Pogba:0
Lingard: 0
Martial: 33
Fred: 20m
Henderson: 40m
Cavani: 0
Mata: 0
Bailly: 15m
Andreas Perreira Whats the name of that Brazilian kid we loaned to Lazio: 2m

In
Antony Matheus: 50m (he's going to be worth every penny)
Rice: 70m
Palinha: 40m

Squad
De Gea / Heaton
AWB / Brandon W
Varane / Lindelof
Maguire / Tuanzebe
Shaw / Telles

Rice / Jones
Palinha / McTominay

Sancho / Antony Matheus
Bruno / DVB
Rashford / Elanga

Ronaldo / Mason
Was half reasonable until the bolded part :lol:

Bobade

My favourite bit is where you say Dalot has no footballing attributes then list his fee at 20m.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Invest money in Bissouma & Neves, as Rice/Bellingham would be expensive & double the price/not available. That would hopefully return a zero net spend.

Id sell a couple other players as well.

croadyman

Zakaria in this window is absolute no brainer, however still going to need a Bellingham/Rice/Philips in the summer AND a CM classy on the ball. I suspect we aren't going to get all three though.

Kellyiom

I'm quite pessimistic about our transfer policy right now.

It seems we're caught in a perfect storm.

Potential buyers are fully aware of the turmoil and the magnitude of salary here so nobody's going to be charitable.

Meanwhile, we'll see more run-downs of contracts putting players and agents in the driving seat or else we have to offer ludicrous wages and even then all we'll get is a player who is only here for the money.

And buying in could be tricky because I think we're losing the cachet of signing for one of the top clubs in the world.

It might have worked 10 years ago but a player might be wary if they want to see themselves winning. Justifiably, they could question that if even managers recommended by SAF couldn't do it....

Then we had LVG, currently Netherlands manager with a good CV of winning stuff.

Then Jose, serial winner across countries and winning both important European cups as well as domestic leagues.

Then with Ole, different approach as management wasn't in his track record but he is a respected part of our family.

So if it was me, I'd be saying 'if these four managers can't get it right, who can?'

Players have short careers and I'm worried that the situation looks very Liverpool in that I doubt they expected that many years to pass between PL wins.

Sorry this is a bit negative, I'm really not a whinger and this club has given me so many great hours, but just want us back on track.

Tallis

I've been thinking about what we need to do over the next two transfer windows and thought I'd verbally vomit all over the Cafe. The transfer plan over the next two/three windows needs to focus more on players out before players in.

PLAYERS OUT

Pogba

Goodnight sweet prince, was so incredibly excited at your arrival but it has been the most disappointing transfer for me of recent years, perhaps ever. The cost to keep him here, the actual impact on the pitch just doesn't match and I am now sure he needs to be sold. We have mismanaged his situation, allowed his agent to speak about affairs in public and probably (benefit of doubt) probably been pretty poor ourselves. I doubt we can get a fee but getting his extortionate package off of the wage bill would be highly beneficial.
+ £10m

Martial

One of the biggest bluffers at the club. Rarely does a player have a career that peaks on their debut and then is all downhill from there. A real lesson here is that you should not give all young players the benefit of the doubt. If the rumours are true that certain Glazer's really like him, ignore your owners opinion every time and get rid. I honestly haven't enjoyed watching him play for years. I feel his professionalism is lacking and his overall ability is only shown in YouTube compilations from games played before the Trump administration. Huge contract reward for quite literally nothing. This lowers our ability to generate a fee for him, think we will be lucky to get back what we initially paid but here's hoping his agent does us a solid and get's a medium club with a rich owner to part ways with some dough.
+ £30m

Matic

Time to head out to pasture old chap. It's been a good run but we spent very highly on the player you were 24 months previously. I rate you higher on the ball than Fred and Scott but that isn't so much a compliment rather a sad indictment of the state of our midfield. Can do a job, just not sure that's starting midfielder for Manchester United. Perhaps another Jose / Agent backhander and you can enjoy a semi-retirement in Rome.
+ £12m

Dalot

I hear Wolvehampton is nice this time of year! When Gary Neville tries to prasie your selection on MNF by saying that "he's a powerful runner" we know that he cannot spot any footballing attributes. The fact is you are not a powerful runner makes Neville's comments all the more amusing and I imagine were decided on by committe in his mates WhatsApp group. Time to go.
+ £20m

Bailly

I like Bailly, I really do. I like his spirit and the chaos he brings to almost every game and on his day, he is a great one v one defender. It's a shame his day is once every leap year. Just as likely as to headbutt his own knee than he is to play a full 90 mins, it's time to go. If there was a way to ship Maguire from the club then he would be in his place but alas the club will never sanction that so it must be Eric who leaves us. + £15m

Donny Van de Beek

Casper, rarely ever seen on the pitch and when he is, has all the prescence of a friendly ghost. Reports from training that he is impeccable technically but cannot cover ground. Now I am not sure if this is true or there is a personality clash but this has been the strangest transfer of recent times. Two managers in a row not rating a player when the current system is clearly broken speaks volumes. I'd say try and get him to Madrid or Dortmund or wherever will take him before his stock drops.
+ £25m

Dean Henderson

Too much hair product, too little ability. Our very own Simon Mignolet. Play for a club getting battered most weeks and you're making saves and showcasing your shot stopping. Get the chance at a bigger club and wilt. The goalkeeping for Salah's goal gives me nightmares. Every time he's played he's made errors and shown his opinion of himself is much higher than that of his actual talent. Pickford mk2. Think Newcastle could be a decent location for him.
+ £30m

Total: £132-142m

PLAYERS IN

Pick two from two of the group below

Group one:

#1 Declan Rice
#2 Jude Bellingham

Group two:

#1 Tchouaméni
#2 Kamara
#3 Bissouma
#4 Haidara

This then gives us a midfield unit of four players who have great mobility, good ball skills and can help dominate bigger games. Spend wise, I reckon if we get near to what he can via sales, this would be a £10-20m net spend to rectify our midfield. We can then look at a replacement RB and CB (Sven Botman etc).

No material objection to any of these outgoings but is 4 MF the way to go ? I would rather sign another CB and maybe even a new forward or backup 10 along with 2 MF. Not so hot on either of the two fullback options but I don’t think they are the biggest issues at the moment

ToToMarshall

I've been thinking about what we need to do over the next two transfer windows and thought I'd verbally vomit all over the Cafe. The transfer plan over the next two/three windows needs to focus more on players out before players in.

PLAYERS OUT

Pogba

Goodnight sweet prince, was so incredibly excited at your arrival but it has been the most disappointing transfer for me of recent years, perhaps ever. The cost to keep him here, the actual impact on the pitch just doesn't match and I am now sure he needs to be sold. We have mismanaged his situation, allowed his agent to speak about affairs in public and probably (benefit of doubt) probably been pretty poor ourselves. I doubt we can get a fee but getting his extortionate package off of the wage bill would be highly beneficial.
+ £10m

Martial

One of the biggest bluffers at the club. Rarely does a player have a career that peaks on their debut and then is all downhill from there. A real lesson here is that you should not give all young players the benefit of the doubt. If the rumours are true that certain Glazer's really like him, ignore your owners opinion every time and get rid. I honestly haven't enjoyed watching him play for years. I feel his professionalism is lacking and his overall ability is only shown in YouTube compilations from games played before the Trump administration. Huge contract reward for quite literally nothing. This lowers our ability to generate a fee for him, think we will be lucky to get back what we initially paid but here's hoping his agent does us a solid and get's a medium club with a rich owner to part ways with some dough.
+ £30m

Matic

Time to head out to pasture old chap. It's been a good run but we spent very highly on the player you were 24 months previously. I rate you higher on the ball than Fred and Scott but that isn't so much a compliment rather a sad indictment of the state of our midfield. Can do a job, just not sure that's starting midfielder for Manchester United. Perhaps another Jose / Agent backhander and you can enjoy a semi-retirement in Rome.
+ £12m

Dalot

I hear Wolvehampton is nice this time of year! When Gary Neville tries to prasie your selection on MNF by saying that "he's a powerful runner" we know that he cannot spot any footballing attributes. The fact is you are not a powerful runner makes Neville's comments all the more amusing and I imagine were decided on by committe in his mates WhatsApp group. Time to go.
+ £20m

Bailly

I like Bailly, I really do. I like his spirit and the chaos he brings to almost every game and on his day, he is a great one v one defender. It's a shame his day is once every leap year. Just as likely as to headbutt his own knee than he is to play a full 90 mins, it's time to go. If there was a way to ship Maguire from the club then he would be in his place but alas the club will never sanction that so it must be Eric who leaves us. + £15m

Donny Van de Beek

Casper, rarely ever seen on the pitch and when he is, has all the prescence of a friendly ghost. Reports from training that he is impeccable technically but cannot cover ground. Now I am not sure if this is true or there is a personality clash but this has been the strangest transfer of recent times. Two managers in a row not rating a player when the current system is clearly broken speaks volumes. I'd say try and get him to Madrid or Dortmund or wherever will take him before his stock drops.
+ £25m

Dean Henderson

Too much hair product, too little ability. Our very own Simon Mignolet. Play for a club getting battered most weeks and you're making saves and showcasing your shot stopping. Get the chance at a bigger club and wilt. The goalkeeping for Salah's goal gives me nightmares. Every time he's played he's made errors and shown his opinion of himself is much higher than that of his actual talent. Pickford mk2. Think Newcastle could be a decent location for him.
+ £30m

Total: £132-142m

PLAYERS IN

Pick two from two of the group below

Group one:

#1 Declan Rice
#2 Jude Bellingham

Group two:

#1 Tchouaméni
#2 Kamara
#3 Bissouma
#4 Haidara

This then gives us a midfield unit of four players who have great mobility, good ball skills and can help dominate bigger games. Spend wise, I reckon if we get near to what he can via sales, this would be a £10-20m net spend to rectify our midfield. We can then look at a replacement RB and CB (Sven Botman etc).

Some of these pricings are insane?

We’d be lucky to get £5m for Matic.

We are the only club stupid enough to pay £30m for an injury-prone Paul Pogba who’s going to ask for north of £400k a week, when any club can just sign him for free in 6 months. Him & Lingard won’t bring in transfer fees, we’ll either get them on pointless new contracts or they’ll walk for nothing.

£30m for Martial should be doable, but again he’s on a crazy wage-packet and has barely scored a goal in 18 months. I think it’s far more likely we loan him somewhere with an option to buy, but there’s no guarantee that gets triggered.

Bailly’s injury prone and hilariously unreliable, but we might get somewhere between £10-15m for him I guess.

Dalot has done absolutely nothing to prove himself worth anything like that figure. All he’s done at United this season is barely resemble a footballer, and when you look at who he replaced that somehow seems an improvement. Him and AWB are both crap. Maybe we still get around £20m as he’s young-ish and attacking, but that is the very top end of the valuation.

Dean Henderson hasn’t played football for 6 months and hasn’t played consistently for 18. I know Sheffield got a good price for Ramsdale but I’m not sure that translates to us necessarily, especially again when you remember Henderson is on something like £160k a week. £25m I think would be a good price.

£25m for Donny seems fair though, I think him not paying but all the talk around him has weirdly helped him retain transfer value.

If all the players you listed (+ Lingard) left in January/the summer, I’d be surprised if we make more than £100m for the lot of them. These next 2 windows are going to be grim.