Mykhaylo Mudryk

romufc

People love the narrative that United are a mess and the players are bad, and no one at the club is competent in anyway. It sells papers, it generates clicks, and everyone that isn’t a United fan (and some United fans) love it.

Chelsea are a shit show, no one cares. Not even chelsea fans care, they’ve been here before and still won the league seasons after.

If there’s two stories on the BBC sports page now, one is about Sancho flopping and being sold for £10m and the other is about Mudryk being loaned out to West Ham and Felix going back to Atleti, where do you think the most clicks will be?
Ofcourse, we know the Sancho story would generate more, I know this is because United sell more and are a bigger club however; it does also have the negative effect on players.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
People love the narrative that United are a mess and the players are bad, and no one at the club is competent in anyway. It sells papers, it generates clicks, and everyone that isn’t a United fan (and some United fans) love it.

Chelsea are a shit show, no one cares. Not even chelsea fans care, they’ve been here before and still won the league seasons after.

If there’s two stories on the BBC sports page now, one is about Sancho flopping and being sold for £10m and the other is about Mudryk being loaned out to West Ham and Felix going back to Atleti, where do you think the most clicks will be?
This isn't true though. I think what's happening here is that you're a United fan so you obviously consume more United news than anything else. I say this because almost every fanbase thinks their club is targeted or there is some kind of bias against them. I'm pretty sure there are Chelsea fans out there who think 'why is Mudryk getting so much attention, look at Sancho, why is getting off scot free'. We all get warped in out fandom bubbles that creates the illusion that our club is deliberately targeted.

Of course if you put two stories side by side, one about United and one about any other club, the United story would get more clicks. Because you're Manchester United. More fans, bigger club, more interest from the media etc.

crossy1686

career ending
This isn't true though. I think what's happening here is that you're a United fan so you obviously consume more United news than anything else. I say this because almost every fanbase thinks their club is targeted or there is some kind of bias against them. I'm pretty sure there are Chelsea fans out there who think 'why is Mudryk getting so much attention, look at Sancho, why is getting off scot free'. We all get warped in out fandom bubbles that creates the illusion that our club is deliberately targeted.

Of course if you put two stories side by side, one about United and one about any other club, the United story would get more clicks. Because you're Manchester United. More fans, bigger club, more interest from the media etc.
Of course, but I’m not talking about club specific news outlets, I’m talking about the general unbiased media and the direction they take on certain stories. They’d rather print gossip about United than the truth about what’s happening at Bournemouth for example, and that’s partially how news works, if no one wants to read it then what’s the point in reporting it?

Chelsea do get their fare share lately but it’s mainly because everything is heavily implied with “look at this stupid American thinking he knows how to manage a football club” and people love that narrative.

For the most part though, Chelsea players have ‘got away with it’ in my opinion from the general press perspective. Whereas you look at Maguire and he’s been hammered (rightly in some cases) whenever he makes a minor mistake.

Maybe it’s a case of there’s just too many players playing shite to single anyone out or maybe they just feel there’s no value in reporting on Mudryk or Sterling’s returns this season

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Of course, but I’m not talking about club specific news outlets, I’m talking about the general unbiased media and the direction they take on certain stories. They’d rather print gossip about United than the truth about what’s happening at Bournemouth for example, and that’s partially how news works, if no one wants to read it then what’s the point in reporting it?

Chelsea do get their fare share lately but it’s mainly because everything is heavily implied with “look at this stupid American thinking he knows how to manage a football club” and people love that narrative.

For the most part though, Chelsea players have ‘got away with it’ in my opinion from the general press perspective. Whereas you look at Maguire and he’s been hammered (rightly in some cases) whenever he makes a minor mistake.

Maybe it’s a case of there’s just too many players playing shite to single anyone out or maybe they just feel there’s no value in reporting on Mudryk or Sterling’s returns this season
Yeah so am I. If you speak to Chelsea or Arsenal fans (or literally any other club, even Bournemouth fans) they will try and convince you the general press perspective is always negative about their clubs and pundits are always coming down harder on their club and their players than other clubs around the league and if you tell them they're wrong, they usually just tell you that you just haven't been paying attention. You thinking this is the case about United is not surprising. It's what fans do.

Charles Ufarley

To be fair, the lunatic running that asylum isn't doing much to change the narrative, but plenty to reinforce it.

Chief123

How is he not getting starts in a period where chelsea have absolutely nothing to play for. Surely you’d want to build him up with experience to help next season. Weird strategy.

Gandalf

How is he not getting starts in a period where chelsea have absolutely nothing to play for. Surely you’d want to build him up with experience to help next season. Weird strategy.
Probably more interested in keeping the likes of Sterling and Auba in the shop window at this point, nothing to play for but a late flurry of form from Sterling might net an offer from the continent.

Strootman's Finger

Because despite the optics Chelsea is not actually trying to get relegated.

Chief123

Because Chelsea have 59 other players who also need minutes.
You don’t have 59 forwards.

But yeah makes so much sense giving the likes of Felix, Aubamayeng who will be gone in a few weeks and Havertz who’s proven he ain’t good enough. Let’s give them minutes rather the one you’ve given a 8 year contract to and have high hopes for the next few years.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They literally couldn’t have done a better job of trying to get relegated. Look at their results for the last 20 games.
They maybe want to work with him over preseason and not let his confidence dip further

Chief123

They maybe want to work with him over preseason and not let his confidence dip further
The justification around his poor form seems to be he lacks experience in the premier league and he needs time. What better time than premier league games which mean absolutely nothing. No pressure.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
This is good for him. And Badiashile. Blessing in disguise if you will. Neither of them will have the stench of this season on them.

There are other players whose reputations have taken huge damage this season. Sterling, Havertz, Kovacic, Koulibaly etc.

If I’m Mudryk and Badiashile, I’d be delighted to be left out of every game until Poch takes over for preseason.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
This is good for him. And Badiashile. Blessing in disguise if you will. Neither of them will have the stench of this season on them.

There are other players whose reputations have taken huge damage this season. Sterling, Havertz, Kovacic, Koulibaly etc.

If I’m Mudryk and Badiashile, I’d be delighted to be left out of every game until Poch takes over for preseason.
I get that but the lack of tactical knowledge from Lampard is frightening.

Plays Mudryk against teams to sit in with a low block and drops him against teams with a very high back line (Madrid and Arsenal).

Lecland07

The justification around his poor form seems to be he lacks experience in the premier league and he needs time. What better time than premier league games which mean absolutely nothing. No pressure.
Is there no pressure? Isn't everyone calling him crap and a waste of money?

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse

Plays Mudryk against teams to sit in with a low block and drops him against teams with a very high back line (Madrid and Arsenal).
he only picks players if they reply to his whatsapps.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea

I agree with you entirely.

Chief123

Is there no pressure? Isn't everyone calling him crap and a waste of money?
If being called crap and a waste of money is the only pressure, he’s probably in the wrong profession. There’s zero pressure on chelsea to get results. Is that a better time to give him minutes or at the start of next season where every match counts again?

Lecland07

If being called crap and a waste of money is the only pressure, he’s probably in the wrong profession. There’s zero pressure on chelsea to get results. Is that a better time to give him minutes or at the start of next season where every match counts again?
He has a lot of attention on him due to the massive contract and absurd contract length. I don't know whether he is just not as good as people have made out or whether he just has no confidence, but is it a good idea to keep playing a player who might just be solidifying his lack of confidence with continued poor performances? It doesn't really do much good unless he starts playing a lot better in those games.

Ferguson dropped Vidic and Evra to the reserves, according to that Vidic interview. They were supposedly terrible in the reserves, so don't know what happened then, but I would imagine they didn't play again for the remainder of the season. I think that is possibly the best way if confidence/time to fit in/fitness etc. is the issue.

Chief123

He has a lot of attention on him due to the massive contract and absurd contract length. I don't know whether he is just not as good as people have made out or whether he just has no confidence, but is it a good idea to keep playing a player who might just be solidifying his lack of confidence with continued poor performances? It doesn't really do much good unless he starts playing a lot better in those games.

Ferguson dropped Vidic and Evra to the reserves, according to that Vidic interview. They were supposedly terrible in the reserves, so don't know what happened then, but I would imagine they didn't play again for the remainder of the season. I think that is possibly the best way if confidence/time to fit in/fitness etc. is the issue.
He’s just a poor player out of his depth. Some serious hopium and a Poch magic wand needed to make him look competent any time soon.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I reckon there’s a player in there. He’s just completely flummoxed by the situation. I’m going to buck the trend and say there’s a decent chance Pock makes him into a top player (though maybe not worth the insane outlay)

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
I don't think that any player in that squad can be fairly assessed at the moment, especially the new ones.

This team is in the gutter.

Chief123

I just think he has Dan James problems. He’d be decent in a Brighton or Newcastle where he can have opportunities to counter attack. He just doesn’t seem to have the guile to cause any harm to deep sitting defences which is what top teams will face most games.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I'd argue this would be the best time to get some confidence. Not sitting on the bench watching a bunch of players leaving the club soon get smashed in front of him.

If Frank had any clue he'd be playing Mudryk and Madueke on either side and get Fofana minutes as well.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I just think he has Dan James problems. He’d be decent in a Brighton or Newcastle where he can have opportunities to counter attack. He just doesn’t seem to have the guile to cause any harm to deep sitting defences which is what top teams will face most games.
It's also fecking ridiculous that Lampard has brought him on solely against teams in low blocks, but refused to start him against Madrid and Arsenal who play high lines.

Maybe I'm blinkered though or underestimating how low of a bar this is, but he looks comfortably better than Sterling I'd say.

Chief123

It's also fecking ridiculous that Lampard has brought him on solely against teams in low blocks, but refused to start him against Madrid and Arsenal who play high lines.

Maybe I'm blinkered though or underestimating how low of a bar this is, but he looks comfortably better than Sterling I'd say.
Yeah it has been baffling but so has the appointment of Lampard. He’s only confirmed what we all knew. He’s not a very good manager.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Yeah it has been baffling but so has the appointment of Lampard. He’s only confirmed what we all knew. He’s not a very good manager.
He's come back significantly worse I'd say! His first season when transfer banned has been genuinely underrated I think - especially because that was the year Kepa put up literally the worst goalkeeping season in the history of the PL. Feels like Everton broke his brain or something.

Mmm-Qatarian

What a prat. In fairness, Mudryk wouldn't be any less embarrassing if he played with his shorts down most matches.

Mike Smalling

Didn’t think it could get much more embarrassing for this doofus, but there we go.

Good thing for Chelsea that he is only contracted until 2031.

Djemba-Djemba

Real dickhead behaviour to do something like that.

He should probably stay off instagram for a while, he seems to get himself into trouble on there.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He needs to post a young woman dropping her pants to even things out.