Gaming Mythic Quest (TV Series)

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I'm actually watching season one right now, seven episodes in.

I like it, but I still don't think it's as good as a show with that subject material to work with could be. I've heard it does get better, though, and it is a nice easy watch.

The standalone episode "A Dark Quiet Death" is incredibly good, though.

Conor

I thought it was pretty meh, and I had very high hopes for it. Will probably give the second season a go, just because it's Rob McElhenney.

rotherham_red

Jusr halfway through season 2. I loved the first season, but if anything, season 2 has topped it after a pretty slow start. Amazing!

Massive Spanner

I've found the second season a total chore. Not funny and Poppy is a truly terrible character. The flashback episode with CW was great though.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
The general reaction I saw from TV critics seemed to be that S2 was a big step up from S1. I haven't got around to watching it yet though.

Massive Spanner

The general reaction I saw from TV critics seemed to be that S2 was a big step up from S1. I haven't got around to watching it yet though.
I've no idea why. Less laughs, and for a show about gaming there is almost nothing in it about the gaming. It seems to be trying to build characters far more than the first which is a big tonal shift that doesn't really work for me. I think the main issue is how much it focuses on Poppy and she's a genuinely crap character.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Similar programmes on Amazon Prime are LARPS and Journeyquest. The latter is more fantasy based but very enjoyable.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Ended up eventually watching this, wasn't sold by the trailers, but it's actually pretty good.

Jo is the best character.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Watched this recently & really enjoyed it. The standalone episode from season 1 was very good.

Ekeke

When I watched the first season I thought it was about Blizzard Entertainment. Turns out there wasnt enough sexual abuse

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
First two episodes of the new season out today. Ep1 wasn't great but 2 was much better. Jo the highlight as per usual. Poppy remains intensely annoying.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Only watched season 1 so far, and it hasn't inspired me to keep watching. Despite the cast and people behind it, I just get the constant feeling that it's missing something. Not enough laughs or compelling storytelling, and 1 or 2 not very likeable characters.