Nabil Fekir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheekiey

Does Fekir play on the RW for Lyon often? Always thought he was best as a 10, just off the striker, even though I hear he's quite versatile.
He currently plays as a 10 and drifts wide to the right but has played on the right before many times. can play anywhere across the attack really.

I would love this signing. Been a huge fan of Fekir ever since that great 14/15 season he had with Lacazette when they were tearing up the league.

He had a terrible injury and I am glad that he has been back to his best this season (even bettering his breakout season).

He is primarily a #10 but is equally adapt on the right. Would go a long way to completing our forward line.

Reactions: Penna

Cheekiey

I would love this signing. Been a huge fan of Fekir ever since that great 14/15 season he had with Lacazette when they were tearing up the league.

He had a terrible injury and I am glad that he has been back to his best this season (even bettering his breakout season).

He is primarily a #10 but is equally adapt on the right. Would go a long way to completing our forward line.
Imo he is the reason why Lacazette looked so good

Suv666

Not thread worthy this, folks on here clutching at straws

Van Gaalacticos

Cant say the few times I've seen him play that I was dying for him to sign for us. Is he better than Sanchez, Lingard, Rashford or Martial for certain.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Him to Liverpool is more or less done according to some places online.
Both his club and his father have denied there's even been as much as a phone call taken place

andersj

Nick Powell Expert

Cheekiey

Cant say the few times I've seen him play that I was dying for him to sign for us. Is he better than Sanchez, Lingard, Rashford or Martial for certain.
Not on Sanchez level yet, but he is Sanchez-esque in his style of play and energy. not as hardworking but he's definitely more hardworking than Martial and Rashford. technique wise nearly on par with Alexis. He will go past players with ease like Martial but uses his Strength and low centre of gravity to his advantage.

Van Gaalacticos

Not on Sanchez level yet, but he is Sanchez-esque in his style of play and energy. not as hardworking but he's definitely more hardworking than Martial and Rashford. technique wise nearly on par with Alexis. He will go past players with ease like Martial but uses his Strength and low centre of gravity to his advantage.
Fair enough, you sound quite convinced. Hope you're right if we get him but I can't say I've been overwhelmed when I saw him but I've been wrong before. I thought De Gea was shite when we bought him haha

Suv666

you can go off stats all you like, he drifts wide right most games. just watch a game and you will see
Why not buy an out and out winger rather than a CAM? Just because a decent player is available dosen't mean we have to pounce on him even if he dosen't fit in our squad

Infra-red

He's definitely at his best playing through the middle with the freedom to drift around. I'm not sure that he and Pogba would be a great fit together in the middle.

He could replace Mata, coming in from the right flank, but he wouldn't be the rapid, play-stretching, fullback-terrifying winger that many are seemingly looking for.

Canagel

He's the exact type of player we are crying out for in our slow ponderous midfield. A creative technical midfielder capable of both scoring and setting up others. He is a ball carrier. Someone that will lay chances on a plate for the strikers. We should be in for him. Our midfield isn't exactly filled with quality is it? With Fekir in the team we could have Pogba missing and we wouldn't feel it. We should be signing players of this mould ie Silva/Isco/Coutinho/Fekir/Eriksen with low centre of gravity and ability in tight spaces instead of stockpiling our midfield with more lumps like SMS and keeping Fellaini/McTominay etc. We should do everything possible to bring him here. His versatility as well is a big plus. Able to play any role behind the striker. If we went and bought Fekir and someone like Mahrez our attack would be sorted for years.

Imagine this: for easier games

Matic Pogba
Mahrez Fekir Sanchez
Lukaku

For harder games:
Matic Fred
Fekir Pogba Sanchez
Lukaku

We could have so many options with Martial and Lingard as well but I'd get rid of Mata and maybe even send Rashford on loan as well. Fekir is an upgrade on both Lingard and Mata. Lingard has started to add goals but lacks in creativity. Mata used to score goals but wasn't really creative and now he doesn't even score anymore. Fekir can score and assist so it's a no brainer.

Invictus

Poster of the Year 2015 & 2018
Staff
Supports
Piracy on the High Seas.
Really good player, but I wonder if he's a positive fit for United. We need to transition away from 4-2-3-1 to get the best out of Pogba on a consistent basis - which means no #10/seconda punta berth for Fékir - so that's his primary position(s) ruled out, as a drifting central midfielder in a 4-3-3 he's not the most symbiotic fit with Pogba considering they are both offensively oriented (Fékir more so than Pogba) and have some overlapping tendencies in terms of dribbling and ball-dominance, and as a right sided attacker in a 4-3-3 (mirroring Alexis on the left) he's less than ideal in terms of dynamism and being a natural wide attacker to be a seamless fit for the Premier League — so you'll have compounded issues in terms of the overall balance of the team. Potentially fantastic in either a diamond as a trequarista, or Ancelotti's trademark Christmas Tree setup...

LAM: Sánchez
RAM: Fékir

But José will have to completely refurbish the flanks (and make them an area of strength for the team) to make it work, and you could argue that even in this - someone along the lines of a Douglas Costa would be a better addition to the team.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
you can go off stats all you like, he drifts wide right most games. just watch a game and you will see
You stated that he had played on the right several times. I just gave you the numbers.

Fekir drifts both right and left. I love him. But I’m not sure he is a good match for us. He occupies much of the same space as Sanchez. Both enjoy receiving the ball in between the oppositions midfield and defence. I really miss a player like Bale, Salah/Mane, Douglas Costa, Robben etc. Players who runs/moves «in behind the defence» over and over.

Nick.

You're all going to be so disappointed when Lingard is starting wide right come matchday 1 next season.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Cracking player. I don't think it will happen so I'm not getting sucked in.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
You stated that he had played on the right several times. I just gave you the numbers.

Fekir drifts both right and left. I love him. But I’m not sure he is a good match for us. He occupies much of the same space as Sanchez. Both enjoy receiving the ball in between the oppositions midfield and defence. I really miss a player like Bale, Salah/Mane, Douglas Costa, Robben etc. Players who runs/moves «in behind the defence» over and over.
That's pretty much it, he does not drift to the right more than he drifts to the left, he just goes where he get on the ball, because he is a ball dominant player. Fékir is a 10/second striker while you could use him wide that's not his best role.

Ekeke

Why him instead of Thauvin who plays wide right on a weekly basis? Sounds like another Sanchez signing where their position isnt taken into account

Robbie Boy

Why him instead of Thauvin who plays wide right on a weekly basis? Sounds like another Sanchez signing where their position isnt taken into account
Remember he was terrible for Newcastle and rocked up to a game wearing a tux and looked like a right prick.

Janson

Never heard of him, but the last thing we need is someone injury prone.

sideshow_bob

Supports
Healthy nutrition
Man this guy & Sanchez in the same team would be fantastic news for Lukaku methinks. But surely if United buy him then Lingard would hardly get a game?
Especially since it doesn't look like Mata's going anywhere.

Janson

He had an ACL tear playing for France, but after that he's been relatively injury free as far as I know
Sounds good. I just googled the name, and just seeing links with Liverpool everywhere.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
I hope we sign him altho the strong rebuttals suggest we aren't even close to it despite claims to the contrary.

Bratt

SW usually disappoint.
Well, if you click on the link you can see that sport witness only talks about an article from tuttosport.
That’s what SW does isn’t it? Writes about the probability of other papers rumours?
Anyways, I have no idea how reliable tuttosport is, but hope we’re after him.

Status
Not open for further replies.