Nabil Fekir

Status
Not open for further replies.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
Could be true but seems like Aulas trying to light a fire under Liverpool for after the World Cup. For ages there was talk no negotiating would be done during the World Cup, clearly Aulas banked on Fekir having a great tournament to bump the price up, now he's realising the lad doesn't touch France's starting 11, and so info is getting leaked. Man went from saying Fekir wasn't for sale a few weeks ago to mentioning Real, Bayern and United within the last few days.

Brophs

The One and Only
All of the girls Aulas kissed when he was teenager went to other schools.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
I would want him here. He is already good and has a lot of potential. We lack a proper #10 and he can also play as a striker incase Lukaku is injured.
It's a position that does not exist in our favoured formation going forward.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What is our favoured formation going forward? Every summer people make an awful lot of assumptions and are almost always wrong.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Could be true but seems like Aulas trying to light a fire under Liverpool for after the World Cup. For ages there was talk no negotiating would be done during the World Cup, clearly Aulas banked on Fekir having a great tournament to bump the price up, now he's realising the lad doesn't touch France's starting 11, and so info is getting leaked. Man went from saying Fekir wasn't for sale a few weeks ago to mentioning Real, Bayern and United within the last few days.
Fékir was never a starter for France, so that theory is not realistic.

Adisa

What is our favoured formation going forward? Every summer people make an awful lot of assumptions and are almost always wrong.
Considering we just signed another midfielder for £50m, I'd expect us to continue with a three in midfield as we did for most of the sedond half of the season.
Of course, I can never be sure but I'd be surprised if we don't continue that way.

Adisa

Hope it's true but fear this is just an assumption because Mourinho had a conversation with Aulas.

Trizy

Is he not a CAM? Can't see us going back to a 2 man midfield.

Last thing we need is another inside forward.

Dolf

Yeah but we've played Mata on the right and he would go into the #10 position during play. Fekir can do that too and Fred can do the tracking back for him.

Adisa

Yeah but we've played Mata on the right and he would go into the #10 position during play. Fekir can do that too and Fred can do the tracking back for him.
Yeah. That's why I want him. I don't necessarily believe we are after a pure winger. Mourinho is OK with his wingers drifting inside. The downside is Tony isn't very good in attacking positions.

Adisa

If United are in for him then they'll get him.

No chance he picks Liverpool given his previous comments about MUFC.
He might have already given them his word. In any case, it looks like it was Liverpool that screwed up so it may not matter anymore.

TheReligion

Abusive
He might have already given them his word. In any case, it looks like it was Liverpool that screwed up so it may not matter anymore.
He may have fancied a move to Liverpool before United came in..

When United come calling though, a true footballing powerhouse, things change rapidly. Liverpool who?

Zoo

We’re just being used. He was linked with Real last week.

Alabaster Codify7

I just dont think we're in for him. He'll sign for Liverpool, Lyon are just pushing them into making another play for him.
IMO, Mourinho doesn't want any more attacking players, which is weird. On the one hand, I see his point of view, we have on paper a very good set already. But they were abysmal last season, Lukaku aside.

el3mel

I just dont think we're in for him. He'll sign for Liverpool, Lyon are just pushing them into making another play for him.
IMO, Mourinho doesn't want any more attacking players, which is weird. On the one hand, I see his point of view, we have on paper a very good set already. But they were abysmal last season, Lukaku aside.
The Liverpool deal is dead for this summer at least. They may return to him later if he stays as VVVd but very unlikely this summer.

SirAF

Ageist
Would be weird as feck if what seperated us from Lyon was only 5m euros..
I don’t think so, there’s a lot of prestige in these negotiations. PSG fecked United off when Kenyon tried to lowball them over Ronaldinho with just one million. The PSG president was so offended that he pulled the plug and offered R10 to Barcelona for slightly less than what United were going to pay, IIRC.

luke511

What makes you think Mourinho doesn't want any more attacking players?

J_XO

Won’t read into this. Was really close to joining Liverpool, deal looks dead almost, rumours come out that their biggest rivals are now interested. Fishy.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
I'd wait for Mohamed Bouhafsi to say something, he's probably the most reliable with French transfer news.

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
Would be weird as feck if what seperated us from Lyon was only 5m euros..
Na most likely what has seperated you from Lyon is the fact that you were a bunch of cnuts. I still think you'll get him and I don't believe we're in for him though.

Eleven-Eighteen

Why are we constantly being linked with more and more midfielders and no one on the right wing. It's so infuriating!

Status
Not open for further replies.