Nabil Fekir

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robertd0803

Will still end up at Liverpool for peanuts and have no re-occurance of any knee problems.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
As I said in the other thread, that was an exaggeration to show they’re now the ones in poor negotiating position.
To be more complete, Duluc says that Lyon want to get rid of him and apparently it's due to the Liverpool deal, they are pissed because his brother in law allegedly killed the deal with Liverpool by reneging on the deal that they had with Liverpool. That's a pretty big info from someone that works around Lyon.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
To be more complete, Duluc says that Lyon want to get rid of him and apparently it's due to the Liverpool deal, they are pissed because his brother in law allegedly killed the deal with Liverpool by reneging on the deal that they had with Liverpool. That's a pretty big info from someone that works around Lyon.
Thanks, I was actually going to tag you to ask a bit more on what was said!

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
No team bigger than Betis interested in him. No capeesh.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
If the usual trash is to be beleived we should sign him just to feck up Spurs move for Lo Celso.

Bwuk

Can’t say I’ve seen much of him but wonder if he’s anywhere near as good as made out if he’s ended up at Betis.

bucky

Why is he on the move for a relatively cheap price to Betis, of all teams?
I don't understand it either. Perhaps his knee is getting worse. He wasn't as good last season, as he was the season before that, but he still had a good season IMO. If his knee problems are manageable, then he'd be a good signing for a lot of clubs. He should be doing better than Betis, granted Betis have been moving in the right direction the last couple of years.

JPRouve

Scout
I don't understand it either. Perhaps his knee is getting worse. He wasn't as good last season, as he was the season before that, but he still had a good season IMO. If his knee problems are manageable, then he'd be a good signing for a lot of clubs. He should be doing better than Betis, granted Betis have been moving in the right direction the last couple of years.
The story from Lyon is that the club was upset with him because after the medical with Liverpool, he and his brother in law tried to renegotiate the deal that they had with Liverpool which killed the move. Lyon allegedly told him to get lost.

bucky

The story from Lyon is that the club was upset with him because after the medical with Liverpool, he and his brother in law tried to renegotiate the deal that they had with Liverpool which killed the move. Lyon allegedly told him to get lost.
Would explain what is currently happening. Thanks.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
His knee is obviously fecked if no big club is going anywhere near him.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
For 25M and only Betis is going for him? Has to be something more too it that we don't know.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
No reason to look beyond the simple explanation: the people in charge of football clubs aren't geniuses

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
So xfer to Betis is done? Lo Celso most likely on the move then, Spurs have been heavily linked with a move for him.

JPRouve

Scout
pity he is a very decent player must be well and truly fecked if no one is willing to take a chance
He is fine, he just didn't had a particularly good season and he is in the same situation than James Rodriguez, his role isn't very popular at the moment.

Gandalf

pity he is a very decent player must be well and truly fecked if no one is willing to take a chance
The report from the Liverpool medical, which is obviously rumour due to confidentiality, was that whilst the knee could be fine for a few years it is quite likely that it could give out catastrophically at any time so any buyer is taking a gamble on that not happening. His value is further depressed by the fact that he was very poor last season and looked a significantly worse player than he did in 17/18. Whether his drop in form was due to the collapse of the Liverpool deal or simply that he has already peaked as a player is again a gamble clubs have to consider. In the circumstances it is no big surprise that the market for him is tepid due to the amount of risk involved.

JPRouve

Scout
The report from the Liverpool medical, which is obviously rumour due to confidentiality, was that whilst the knee could be fine for a few years it is quite likely that it could give out catastrophically at any time so any buyer is taking a gamble on that not happening. His value is further depressed by the fact that he was very poor last season and looked a significantly worse player than he did in 17/18. Whether his drop in form was due to the collapse of the Liverpool deal or simply that he has already peaked as a player is again a gamble clubs have to consider. In the circumstances it is no big surprise that the market for him is tepid due to the amount of risk involved.
He wasn't very poor, just above average.

davidmichael

Fekir is another Umtiti, unreal and unplayable on his day but seem to have well known and documented serious/permanent knee problems similar to Ledley King so no one will take a big punt on them.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Moving to betis would be a step down and quite strange when Lyon seems willing to hand him a new contract.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What's stopping top clubs from taking a punt on him, is it the injuries?

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Just read the article, apparently they are trying to make them sign his younger brother Yassin and make them include him in the first team :lol:.

As much as I thought it was liverpool who scuppered the deal, I reckon it's definitely his team. Ridiculous.

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
Bargain for his talent but his injuries are well known.

Must mean Lo Celso is off

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Closing thread. Use the Football Forum to discuss him.

Status
Not open for further replies.