Name a PL club that has a worse starting midfield duo than McFred

Foxbatt

Is there any PL club that has a worse starting midfield duo than McFred? Or any top three clubs in any of the top European leagues?

Chief123

Let’s just say they are shit but klopp would probably make them work in a title winning team.

redshaw

It's not worth scouring the leagues to find out. They simply should not be there.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Jury still out on Forest and Bournemouth but that's only because I haven't seen them play yet.

MichaelRed

There might be some SPL team with a weaker midfield. Then again, they're all Scottish & McTominay can't even get into the Scotland midfield.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Interesting timing of the thread. When there were posters in the McFred thread claiming that it's the worst midfield in the league, they were mocked, responded with laughing emojis etc. It's weird that fans need a loss to realize that this midfield duo is not even competitive for a Championship team.

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
What PL are we talking about? Maybe a club in the Russian Premier Liga, definitely not England.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Mctominah is a counter attacking MF. Doesnt possess the technical ability to play possession football. He has to be dropped for the next game.

He takes about three touches of the ball before he passes and then he just passes to the guy closest to him.

My only Eric

just the thought of any midfield worse than mcfred should be a crime

OleGunnar20

Genuinely, in my opinion:

Bournemouth, Brentford, Forest

Maybe Leeds.

Fred would make a useful squad player in certain systems. McTom I've never rated, and he doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Looking at Fulham's starting duo of Palhinha / Reed yesterday, I'd take those two anyway over McFred, which is about as damning an indictment as it gets I think.

So much work still needed transfer wise.

avgp_1

Genuinely, in my opinion:

Bournemouth, Brentford, Forest

Maybe Leeds.

Fred would make a useful squad player in certain systems. McTom I've never rated, and he doesn't seem to be getting any better.

Looking at Fulham's starting duo of Palhinha / Reed yesterday, I'd take those two anyway over McFred, which is about as damning an indictment as it gets I think.

So much work still needed transfer wise.
Leeds have Tyler Adams and Roca

CallyRed

If McT is good enough for Scotland's squad he is good enough for us

Oranges038

Fred is a good player. McTom is the problem.
Is he really? I'd say they are both equally the problem, 4/5 seasons and they still have no on field control or chemistry. Both of them should be put out with the bins.

But. What's he really good at? What are his outstanding attributes?

He can run a lot.. after that I am lost.

Livewire1974

If it moves, report it.
Fred can’t handle being pressed. This is always going to cause us problems.
He is not a proper midfield player, his best work his higher up the pitch, a role he excels at for Brazil.
Is he really? I'd say they are both equally the problem, 4/5 seasons and they still have no on field control or chemistry. Both of them should be put out with the bins.

But. What's he really good at? What are his outstanding attributes?

He can run a lot.. after that I am lost.
Maybe you should watch Brazil.

Oranges038

He is not a proper midfield player, his best work his higher up the pitch, a role he excels at for Brazil.

Maybe you should watch Brazil.
Watching him for Utd is enough for me. Kleberson was brilliant for Brazil, he was also shit at Utd. He just didn't get 4 years of being shit.

What outstanding midfield qualities does he have?

Litch

This is absolutely pointless. Maybe come back to it when the rest of the shite show is sorted.

Acole9

Outstanding
Come off it they're not the worst, sure they're a rather poor pairing but by no means the worst.