Name your best starting 11 including the new signings

Hughie77

..........DDG.......
Dalot..Maguire... lindelof.. Shaw..
..........Fred... Mctom....
..............Bruno.... ...
Sancho...Martial... Rashford.
..subs. Martinez. Varane, Telles Eriksen, Garner. Elanga.. Heaton. Garnacho. Ronaldo. Amad
The 5 subs rule will be used more now than ever,
And Amad and Garnacho can see being used in Europe more imo.

Olecurls99

............... De Gea
Dalot Varane Martinez Shaw
............... Donny
.........Eriksen.......Fred
Sancho..................... Rashford
................Martial

Last edited:

caid

Dont think i want to until the new signings contains a midfielder.

Blood Mage

De Gea
Dalot - Varane - Martinez - Shaw
VDB - Fred
Sancho - Eriksen - Bruno
Ronaldo​

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
People putting VDB in the first team is surely a wind up?

NoPace

___________De Gea
Dalot - Maguire - Martinez - Shaw
____Erikson - Fred - Bruno
Sancho - Ronaldo - Rashford

And if this is the starting 11 I don't see a chance in hell of finishing in the top 4. The two fullbacks, Fred, and the attackers are gigantic holes that will hold back any progress.

We will desperately need Bruno to rediscover his goal scoring, Sancho to take a huge step up in end product, Rashford and Maguire to show that it was just a dip in form, Erikson to remain healthy, Shaw to remain healthy, Martinez to be brilliant straight away.

Having said all that, if we can manage to bring in Frenkie then I will be slightly more optimistic.
Yeah, I think it's this right now. Obviously we need to bring in De Jong (or a quality DM) as well as a RB to challenge Dalot, at the minimum, this summer.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I would go for…

GK: De Gea
RWB: Dalot
CB: Varane
CB: Maguire
LWB: Shaw
CM: Eriksen
CDM: Martinez (Drops into CB)
CM: De Jong
IRW: Sancho
ST: Martial
ILW: Rashford

hobbers

DDG
Bailly - Varane - Martinez
Dalot - Fred - Eriksen - Shaw
Sancho - Martial - Rashford​

Jacob

On current form:

DDG
Dalot - - - Lindelöf - - - Martinez - - - Malacia

Fred - - - - - Eriksen
Iqbal

Sancho - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Rashford
Martial​

Croftona7

Really surprised so many include Varane in their strongest back line.

Is that based on his Real days?

OK Maguire was shocking last season but he's not as bad as that, he's been really good for us as well remember.

Varane for me has struggled with the pace of the Prem and has looked rushed and not at all composed at times, and he's always injured.

userman

DDG
Dalot - Varane - Lindelöf - Malacia
Eriksen - Martinez
Sancho - Bruno - Rashford
Martial

But I would like to see and think we need this;
New GK
New RB
- Varane - Martinez - Malacia
Eriksen - New DM/CM
New RW
- Bruno - Sancho
New ST

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Seriously? We have seen enough of over half of these players. I hope we do a mixture of new and old, but eject som more pace and technicality into the side. Keep the ball on the ground, lure teams into hitting the long balls.

DDG
Laird-Bailly-Martinez-Malacia
Fred-Iqbal-Fernandes
Sancho-Martial-Rashford

I'll make my points. Balance:
Defence: Quick alethic fullbacks. Two aggressive maniac CB's nobody will feck with, period.
Midfield: Tenacious ball-winner + technical playmaker + Hardworking wildcard/magician.
Attack: Danger, Danger, Speed.

Frank Grimes

‐-----‐-----------De Gea----‐------------------
Dalot--------Magtinez-----------Malacia
----------------Gardner----------------------
-----‐------Fred------Eriksen--------------
Sancho--------------------------------Bruno
‐---------------Martial------------------------

Last edited:

Abraxas

DeGea

Dalot
Maguire
Martinez
Shaw (just)

Fred
Eriksen
Fernandes

Rashford
Ronaldo
Sancho

I know the midfield is a complete gamble and probably not viable long term. I'm hoping a signing will come in to save my lineup, but I don't really fancy McTominay.

sillwuka

DDG
Dalot - Maguire - Martinez - Shaw
Fred
Eriksen - Bruno
Sancho - Martial - Rashford
Malacia to displace Shaw over the season. Midfield signing to replace Fred and RB to possibly come in.

MrSingh2002

OK Maguire was shocking last season but he's not as bad as that, he's been really good for us as well remember.

Varane for me has struggled with the pace of the Prem and has looked rushed and not at all composed at times, and he's always injured.
Is that you Harry?

Heardy

..........DDG.......
Dalot..Maguire... lindelof.. Shaw..
..........Fred... Mctom....
..............Bruno.... ...
Sancho...Martial... Rashford.
..subs. Martinez. Varane, Telles Eriksen, Garner. Elanga.. Heaton. Garnacho. Ronaldo. Amad
The 5 subs rule will be used more now than ever,
And Amad and Garnacho can see being used in Europe more imo.
So our new signing Malacia not even on the bench?

MrSingh2002

Interesting to me that I've not really changed my lineup since the thread was started.

De Gea
Dalot Varane Martinez Malacia
Eriksen Fred
Sancho Fernandes Rashford
Martial

Only Martial comes in for Ronaldo who was non existent today. With the first game in 7 days time I'd use Martial who has been bright in pre season.

Hopefully the lineup is boosted by De Jong replacing Fred, a winger replacing Rashford and a striker replacing Martial in the starting 11.

Woziak

Seriously? We have seen enough of over half of these players. I hope we do a mixture of new and old, but eject som more pace and technicality into the side. Keep the ball on the ground, lure teams into hitting the long balls.

DDG
Laird-Bailly-Martinez-Malacia
Fred-Iqbal-Fernandes
Sancho-Martial-Rashford

I'll make my points. Balance:
Defence: Quick alethic fullbacks. Two aggressive maniac CB's nobody will feck with, period.
Midfield: Tenacious ball-winner + technical playmaker + Hardworking wildcard/magician.
Attack: Danger, Danger, Speed.
I’ll counter that with the most vulnerable team at set pieces In the PL with what two 5’6/7 full backs and one 5’9 CB plus headless Bailey, we’ll give more pens and red cards and have more headed goals being scored at far posts than in living memory. I do however like Zidane however and think in a year, people will realise he’s very special and a genuine playmaker from number 8 plus he could be what England need if they only get of their A.. and show some interest.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
On current form eriksen supercedes Bruno as our No 10 , Varane seems to be out of it as well.
So I would say our best lineup up based on form would be:
David
Dalot Harry Martinez Shaw
Mc Fred
Eriksen
Sancho martial rashford​

I still start Ronaldo ahead of martial if he gets fit though (don't really trust him anymore), and frenkie if we manage to get him would immediately slot replace one of Mcfred but I'm not sure which one, Fred seems to be in great form so I guess he'll replace Scott.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Based on preseason performance

DDG
Dalot Baily Martinez Malacia
Zidane Fred
Sancho Eriksen Rashford
Martial​

GwilDor

Based on preseason performance

DDG
Dalot Baily Martinez Malacia
Zidane Fred
Sancho Eriksen Rashford
Martial​
Considering amount of gametime i’d replace Martinez->Maguire, and Eriksen->Bruno. Quite agree with you on Zidane Iqbal though, exciting player that!

Sea-Cow

Yeah, I think it's this right now. Obviously we need to bring in De Jong (or a quality DM) as well as a RB to challenge Dalot, at the minimum, this summer.
Yes, and yes. And a striker thats not one of the oldest players in the league, ideally.

Looking at that line-up..... christ, would anyone feel confident against Brighton? Much less at home to Liverpool in week 3. ETH better be a magician.

NoPace

Technically I think our best team might involve both left-backs and one less midfielder, since Malacia at least seems combative and good on the ball. We won't play this way presumably, but:

--------------------Striker----------------------
--------Bruno------------Sancho-----------
Malacia----Fred--Eriksen-----Dalot
-------Shaw--Martinez--Maguire
------------------De Gea--------------------

is probably our actual best XI at the moment, and you'd rotate the striker based on attacking a high line (Rashford), a regular game (Martial) or a low block (Cristiano).

If we do bring in De Jong and Cristiano leaves and we don't replace him at striker effectively I guess I wouldn't rule this out at some point in the season.

Strelok

Fred is not a holding imo it'd be suicidal to start him as a single pivot. Eriksen is pretty neat but he's not ready physically yet. But he's used to the PL. Martinez he's only joined since couple days it'd take some time to get ready and get used to the PL. So next match imo:

DDG
Dalot Maguire Lindelof/Varane Shaw
Fred McT
Bruno
Sancho Martial Rashford

When Eriksen is ready then replace McT with him. Eriksen is a terrific #10 but he's also a very good #8. Very composed, very creative, pressing resistant, good positioning, great passer he'll be really good there along Fred. In his last 50 matches he played as a CM in 36 matches. While Bruno is Bruno, the closer he's to the opposition's final third the better. And Martinez in for Lindelof/Varane. Let's see how he'd do in here in the PL.

The fight for a starting slot between Shaw and Malacia would be interesting. Anyway Malacia would also need a while to get used to the PL I think.

If Ronaldo stays and doesn't throw a tantrum then he'll be a very useful sub when we desperately need a goal or to rest Martial/Rashford/Sancho against some minor teams in the Europa League.

And no VDB please. Guy couldn't even strike a ball properly and is only best at returning the ball to someone else.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
De Gea
Dalot Maguire Martinez Shaw
Eriksen Fred Bruno
Sancho Martial Rashford​

stoinz

DDG
Dalot, Martinez, Magguire, Malacia
Fred
Eriksson, Bruno
Sancho Rashford
Martial

Thom Merrilin

DDG
Dalot Maguire Martinez Shaw
Eriksen/Bruno Mctominay Fred
Sancho Martial/Ronaldo Rashford

De Jong for McT if it happens.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
So Matic holding position behind Pogba and Bruno didn't work, and now majority of posters think our best midfield is Fred behind Bruno and Eriksen? I guess the idea is never to lose the ball...
Fair enough, I can play that game!

DDG
Dalot Lindelof Maguire Shaw
Martinez
Eriksen Fred
Sancho Martial Rashford​
Fred is not a holding imo it'd be suicidal to start him as a single pivot. Eriksen is pretty neat but he's not ready physically yet. But he's used to the PL. Martinez he's only joined since couple days it'd take some time to get ready and get used to the PL. So next match imo:

DDG
Dalot Maguire Lindelof/Varane Shaw
Fred McT
Bruno
Sancho Martial Rashford

When Eriksen is ready then replace McT with him. Eriksen is a terrific #10 but he's also a very good #8. Very composed, very creative, pressing resistant, good positioning, great passer he'll be really good there along Fred. In his last 50 matches he played as a CM in 36 matches. While Bruno is Bruno, the closer he's to the opposition's final third the better. And Martinez in for Lindelof/Varane. Let's see how he'd do in here in the PL.

The fight for a starting slot between Shaw and Malacia would be interesting. Anyway Malacia would also need a while to get used to the PL I think.

If Ronaldo stays and doesn't throw a tantrum then he'll be a very useful sub when we desperately need a goal or to rest Martial/Rashford/Sancho against some minor teams in the Europa League.

And no VDB please. Guy couldn't even strike a ball properly and is only best at returning the ball to someone else.
Eriksen plays on the left of midfield 3, with a #6 behind him and another supporting midfielder. Whenever he plays as AM (for Denmark), he plays with two midfielders behind.
We're not having both Eriksen and Bruno on the pitch at the same time, this is suicide for Fred.

Strelok

So Matic holding position behind Pogba and Bruno didn't work, and now majority of posters think our best midfield is Fred behind Bruno and Eriksen? I guess the idea is never to lose the ball...
Fair enough, I can play that game!

DDG
Dalot Lindelof Maguire Shaw
Martinez
Eriksen Fred
Sancho Martial Rashford​

Eriksen plays on the left of midfield 3, with a #6 behind him and another supporting midfielder. Whenever he plays as AM (for Denmark), he plays with two midfielders behind.
We're not having both Eriksen and Bruno on the pitch at the same time, this is suicide for Fred.
I like the idea of Martinez as the DM. He seems very suitable for that role. But last match ETH didn't even bother to try him in that position so I'd doubt ETH would have any plan for Martinez as our DM.

As for Eriksen he has played as a CM in 36 in his last 50 matches. It's not ideal but imo it's the best combo using Eriksen Fred Bruno. Using Bruno as a supporting CM is both wasting his scoring ability and dangerous at the same time because of his tendency to lose the ball. Imo Eriksen is a safer option for that supporting role since he's more composed, more disciplined, calmer and has a better long - medium range pass. Benching Bruno or Eriksen for McT/VDB is even worse I think.

midou

For now consider Malacia, Eriksen and Martinez the new signings. As we sign more you can add them into your lineups.

My go....

De Gea
Eriksen Fred
Sancho Fernandes Rashford
Ronaldo
I open this thread and the first post is the exact lineup I would suggest.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
DDG
Fred Zidane
Sancho Eriksen Garnacho
Ronaldo​

Martial to rotate with Ronaldo
Rashford to rotate with Garnacho
Bruno to rotate with Eriksen
Maguire to rotate with Varane
Shaw to rotate with Malacia

romufc

I find it quite interesting that Varane is included in most people's team.

They are basing this on 2/3 season ago form, then judging Maguire on last seasons form.

Surely, you judge every player on how they have looked in pre season. I think Varane is 4th choice at the moment from the pre season he has had.

Again, yesterday looked basic really.