Name your favourite player(s) from current squad

wolvored

Bruno as hes the best player, involved in all our best moves very closly followed by Greenwood. Williams as he always gives it his all, never see his head drop. McTom the same.

Chipper

Adulterer.
I'm struggling.Maybe I'm just too old for this.

I think Romero is spirited and I like the way he comes across. I won't be massively gutted when he inevitably leaves in the next few days as I'm not that attached to any of them compared to how I was when I was younger. Mata's a nice chap but rubbish. I suppose I like what I perceive of his personality.

For actually playing, possibly Greenwood already.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Bruno And greenwood By some distance, Donny and Henderson because they’ve only just arrived

don’t care about the rest, any could leave tommorow and I wouldn’t be bothered.

giggslover

Pogba - the BEST player overall, everyone saying Bruno but the player who has the highest ceiling, most single handedly has saved us in games, and would be most sought after around Europe is Pogba. Plus at times he has alot of me against the world and I LOVE rebels. Kind of the "good" alter ego to Balotelli..

Lingard - Person who I'm most rooting for a comeback to form, been a United player through and though and by far the favorite teammate among the players

Hard to come up with a 3rd, but

Mata - love the skill players, closest thing we've got to my faves of past Giggs, Scholes, Ronaldo, etc.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
As a player that stepped up when the U18s needed him, after Demetri Mitchell who was carrying the U18s got injured. As a player who despite putting in above average performances for the academy didn't get the same hype as say James Wilson. As a player that was in a situation where the club had spent considerable money on teenager, Martial who quickly became vociferously praised by millions for the way he seamlessly adapted to the rigorous and frantic nature of the EPL, to be a long term investment in the position that he was now playing in. It didn't stop Rashford from being an opportunist, as he grasped his opportunity when Will Keane, Martial and Rooney were all injured, by scoring a brace on his Europa League debut, and then scoring on his Premier League debut for good measure. It didn't stop Rashford from establishing himself as a player who is now considered to not just have a brighter future than Wilson and Mitchell, but a beacon of hope to youngsters that haven't quite made it yet. So with this in mind, something tells me that the latest acquisition of Lukaku from Rashford's perspective is anything but confirmation he has no long term future, but rather another obstacle that needs to be overcome, as nothing will stop him of achieving his [dream"]
I remember reading a quote from Mourinho that Rashford thanked him for playing him out wide, as Rashford told him how its helped developed his all round game. So he's fine with playing where the manager wants him, but when he is given that opportunity to play as a striker, he'll try his best to make an impact, as he did in our Europa League campaign, following the injury of Zlatan.

Also liked him for his demeanor under LVG

One of the best individual performances post Fergie

Shaw - “I didn't really feel like anyone deserved the player-of-the-year award because of the season we had as a team. There is more to come from me and everyone needs to be better because last season was somewhere near embarrassing." '

''We need to be strong and focused on winning trophies, not getting into the top four. A club like us should be winning trophies," Shaw added.

Shithousery

Member 113277

Bruno - because he always has a killer pass in him, even if his completion rate is lower because he's not afraid to take a risk.

Pogba - despite some downsides, I just can't get over his ability to dribble and shield the ball - especially for a big guy.

Matic - for the calmness he brings.

Rashford and Martial, for touches of class that astound - such as the goal v Brighton.

Greenwood, as I like watching a future potential great player.

Shaw, for getting over a horrendous injury and still getting stuck in and defending strongly (despite getting out of position at times).

Fred, because ............................................... he's Fred!

Last edited by a moderator:

kudiak

Supports
Semen Padang FC
Bruno, Greenwood, Martial.

maybe, Donny next?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
What a shame...growing up with no heroes.

I wonder why he thinks like that? Interesting.
He may have heroes outside of football?

This video is from a while ago to be fair, we have been an unlikeable team at times since Fergie. Neville even alluded to it once. Right now, I think there's definitely a few to like. Rashford, Bruno, Greenwood, McTominay.

OleBoiii

Bruno for his sheer quality and strong mentality.

Rashford for being a true Red and a great human being overall.

Greenwood for his incredible finishing.

DDG for all he's done.

I also got a soft spot for Smalling. A true defender born in the wrong era.

TsuWave

Greenwood
Pogba
Martial
Bailly
Bruno

soft spot for DDG too

King Andow

Martial - Consistent, identified with the club, underrated despite being one of the most talented, quiet with too much swag :cool:
I like elegant players so It'll be between him and Mason within a few years for me.

SWE-Chucky

Supports
AIK Stockholm
Bruno, Greenwood and Rashford, no specific order.

Pogba and Martial could also make the top 3, can't really decide who.

Negative Red

Martial and Shaw are probably my favourites. Both seem to have mixed opinions of them throughout the fanbase though. There's not many I dislike but Pogba, Rashford, Lindelöf and Maguire frustrate me the most.

youngrell

Find myself enjoying goals/moments from Martial, Greenwood, Mata & Bruno more than others. So them I suppose.

Nobody I dislike.

Kamprad

Used to be Pogba and should still be by miles, but isn’t.

1. Rashford

Paul_Scholes18

Anyone going to do a vote here? Would be fun to see the stats. Sounds like Bruno is number 1. Then Rashford, Pogba, Martial behind him.
Little love for the defense.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Ole
Bruno
Rashford
Greenwood

Least favourite
Lingard
Pogba
Lingard
De Gea
Lingard

Honourable mention to chinless chucky, the worlds shittest CEO.

dalriada

No-one I really dislike - I work on the principle that if they're a Utd player, I support them unless they do something to really embarass the club or themselves (in the generally understood sense of embarass). So Mason Greenwood went down a tad, although allowance made for just being a lad.

Marcus Rashford has to be top of my list though for being an all-round good human being as well as a top player. Juan Mata is in that category as well. On a completely biased note Marcus gains points for being a fellow Mancunian.

Bruno next, one of our most complete players with skills in so many departments and will represent the club well.

Good to see people's appreciation for the players who wear the badge with heart - McTominay, Williams, Fred, even players like Rojo, although his days are numbered. Don't think there's really any bad eggs in the side, even though we might think it's time for a few ti to move on.

jeff_goldblum

Purely in terms of how much I like them, as opposed to how good I think they are, Rashford, Bruno, Mata, Martial, Greenwood, McTominay are my 'favourites'.

I don't dislike or hate anyone but a few frustrate me. As much as he is talented (and perhaps because he's talented) Pogba annoys me the most, purely because most of the mistakes he makes are things that he should have grown out of a decade ago. Some are frustrating because they're not good enough, but if a limited player gives their all I'm frustrated at the club hierarchy/scouting rather than the player themselves.

90 + 5min

My vote goes to Juan Mata.

This vote is based on how I see him. Not as football player but as a person. As a human. One of the most nicest there is.

M Utd

There are quite a few I like in the current squad but I certainly don't have the same affinity that I did for previous squads. Perhaps its my age, my general perception towards most footballers or maybe we aren't the force we once were. Having said that I was a fan during the mid- late 80s when things certainly weren't all league titles and Cup finals.

I really loved the leaders in the team. Those players that seem to link the players on the pitch with those in the stands and even the fans watching on television. I love the players that demand the best from themselves and those around them. As a manger we had the best in Sir Alex and despite their falling out the partnership with Keane as the captain made everyone at the raise their level as everyone was demanding more from one another. The closest thing we have now is Bruno. He seems born to wear the Utd Jersey.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Mata
Martial
Rashy
De Gea
Greenwood
Shaw

And among disliked players:
Pereira
Lingard
And dare I say it - Ighalo (just because he's an ok player, not anything else)