Nani

Anduin

I badly want him to start a few games over the coming weeks. Lots of Cup games and important league games coming up. Hope Fergie gives him a run in the league, I can't remember the last time he featured.

Classy Cannon

Left Back <font face="Arial"color="White"> in the
He's deffo got the skill, but there's a question mark over whether he's got the right mentality to make it at Utd - seems a bit of an idiot at times.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
The talent's there, hopefully it'll be shown in more regularity soon though. Total faith in him.

That pass for Nani's goal was magnificent too, and then the great first touch and finish. Great goal.

Scholesgoals

exactly, can you see bloody park ever do that? No!

Just start turning that into something that can change games again!

Brwned

exactly, can you see bloody park ever do that? No!

Just start turning that into something that can change games again!
Is there any need to take a dig at Park in a thread about Nani?

Park can do things Nani can't do.

Classy Cannon

Left Back <font face="Arial"color="White"> in the
If Nani had the attitude of Park he would be a regular starter - hopefully he'll realise that, start working harder & show a bit more maturity in his game.

Dyslexic Untied

Probably one of the most talented wingers out there. I`d say when it comes to finding an opportunity to cross and putting in a cross, with either leg, he is better than anyone we have at the club. Cristiano included.

Decision making is where he needs to improve, he has almost everything else IMO. He has the physique, the pace, the skills, the cross and the shot. He`s a brilliant tackler too, and many times we`ve seen him take the ball from an opponent in a clean effective way. He doesn`t track back often enough though, but again that`s the decision making.

I`m sure he`ll come good.

Until he does, I reckon Park is a perfect stand in. He doesn`t have the extreme skills, but he does the same job with other qualities instead. Park never plays a poor game, he balances the midfield nicely, works harder than anyone and has a knack for getting himself and others into scoring positions.

I love that we have both, and if this Tosic guy is any good we`ll have even more options. I can never see SAF letting go of Nani with out given him a proper chance, so unless Nani has been a BAD boy, I reckon we`ll see him fulfil his talent at United.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Last season his first touch was unreal, i mean truly in the top 5 or at least top 10 of the world and i am not exaggerating, he can bring down a ball from any distance in the most difficult positions with absolute grace. Very rarely ddid he require a second touch to control a long ball. But this season he has temporarily lost that ability which can be due to form and confidence.

hurstafus

Nani is a great talent, and I don't think we'd sell him after we paid all that money for him. He will get the games in the second half of the season, that's where he and anderson shone out last season. That being said, Park hsa come into awsome form recently, and to be honest is the best "turner" on the ball we have. The amount of times I've seen him wriggle his way around players with his first touch from a pass is outstanding. Although, you have to start to wonder how much he'll contribute with his own goal tally. He is also pretty ineffective on the left wing in terms of crossing the ball into the box, unless he turns back on himself and crosses with his right foot. Nani has ability in both his feet, and as many people have said here, and many have said before, he needs to get the right head on for himself. As soon as he gets his decision making upto a reasonable standard, in terms of say, making only a few mistakes a game, I'm sure he'll be a starter against the majority of teams, bar the teams who will use attacking intent against us a la Chelski.

Ferguson said in the press conference that they know have 4 wingers, similar to the striker situation, and are we selling any of our strikers any time soon? Wouldn't count on it. Nani is going nowhere, and we know how good he can be, he has a talent, he's just lacking that maturity and consistency that is required in a team that's trying to win everything they can.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Its safe to say that apart from the workrate and attitude Nani, is better then Park in everything. Fair play to Park though,he deserves to play week in week out because he is currently our best left flank man.

I think that the Tosic/Ljajic transfer had been blown out of proporation. Its true that extra competition will be added for the flank roles and it will be harder for any of our wingers to claim the left flank role. Stating that this competition had become the norm in nearly all other roles. I mean in central midfield we have Scholes, Giggs, Hargreaves, Carrick, Anderson, Fletcher and Possenbon. I guess Nani will have to change his attitude and work harder to claim the left flank role.

Brwned

Its safe to say that apart from the workrate and attitude Nani, is better then Park in everything. Fair play to Park though,he deserves to play week in week out because he is currently our best left flank man.
Passing, off the ball movement and one and two touch interplay.

mr.suave

Last season his first touch was unreal, i mean truly in the top 5 or at least top 10 of the world and i am not exaggerating, he can bring down a ball from any distance in the most difficult positions with absolute grace. Very rarely ddid he require a second touch to control a long ball. But this season he has temporarily lost that ability which can be due to form and confidence.
Yeah, his first touch is exquisite.

This proper stands out for me. Dunno why it plays well fast though.

Running at full pelt, down the byline, with it dropping over your shoulder - pretty fecking difficult ball to control, and he makes it look piss easy.

Nani's such a frustrating character, 'cause on his day he's devastating. He's got all the attributes you need to be a top class winger, it's just a case of him making the most of it when he gets a start. Seems to have gone backwards this season in that respect, mind.

Hope he comes good, really could be a real asset if he sorts his form out. The talent's there for all to see...

Romaleouf

The time will come when Sir Alex has to put out two different teams to cope with the fixture congestion.

Having enough personnel for duplicates in each position would also ease the physical and mental strain. Leaving adequate time for each player to recharge and re-vitalise is very very important.

Nani will definitely get his chance. It will be utmost important that he takes them well.

On the counter attack of the opponents, we cannot afford to have more than 2 players just strolling back. If Nani can work a little harder to get back in the thick of defending, it would do him a lot of good.

Chris H

Video Posting God
This is how good he can be...
True, he can be quite skillful. But one could easily make a compilation video showing just how bad he can be. Misplaced passes, dribbling into nowhere, not seeing the obvious pass to a teammate in a threatening position...etc. Someone mentioned how exquisite his first touch can be - this season we've seen just how poor his 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd can be, and how the 24th is usually by a player wearing a different color shirt. His inconsistency can be excused to some degree because he is young, and hopefully he'll still come good. But he's not there yet, not at all. This is why Ferguson hasn't let him play 90 minutes in a league game all season.

In the league, Park's consistency, hustle, and not giving up possession so cheaply are strongly preferred.

Crerand Legend

Time for him to deliver simple as that.We all know what he can do but he must start showing it on a regular basis

Cina

He'll come good, he just needs to start moonwalking a bit more.

Godfather

True, he can be quite skillful. But one could easily make a compilation video showing just how bad he can be. Misplaced passes, dribbling into nowhere, not seeing the obvious pass to a teammate in a threatening position...etc. Someone mentioned how exquisite his first touch can be - this season we've seen just how poor his 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 23rd can be, and how the 24th is usually by a player wearing a different color shirt. His inconsistency can be excused to some degree because he is young, and hopefully he'll still come good. But he's not there yet, not at all. This is why Ferguson hasn't let him play 90 minutes in a league game all season.

In the league, Park's consistency, hustle, and not giving up possession so cheaply are strongly preferred.
Played half the games Park has played and still scored more goals than him.

Park's more cosistent, that's true. He fights, runs and has a great stamina.
But his crossing, shooting, his pace, his skills and his strenght are too weak to ever become a worldclass winger, what Nani certainly can, if he gets to start more games, on a regular basis.

We'll see

uae

Desperately wants a tagline under his name
Yet another Nani thread saying the same things :confused:

Chris H

Video Posting God
Played half the games Park has played and still scored more goals than him.

Park's more cosistent, that's true. He fights, runs and has a great stamina.
But his crossing, shooting, his pace, his skills and his strenght are too weak to ever become a worldclass winger, what Nani certainly can, if he gets to start more games, on a regular basis.
Over the last few years, O'Shea has played fewer games than Evra, but still managed to score a few more goals - obviously he is the superior LB. And Peter Crouch has scored twice as many goals as Rooney this season - perhaps a swap deal can be arranged during the January transfer window. Yeah, right.

The bottom line with Nani is that he fecks up to much when playing difficult opposition, and you just can't have that in tight games for a team that expects to win as much as we do. He has been a weak link out there at times, and that's why he gets trotted out in the FA & Carling Cups, and against weaker opposition in the CL, and its dead rubber games. There his mistakes aren't as costly, since the opposition is less likely to capitalize on them.

This Tosic fellow might have the tools to be a world-class winger, as could Fabio da Silva - doesn't mean I want either of them on the field against Chelsea in a couple of weeks, even if he had had more time to settle in. Park will never be in the running for the Ballon d'Or, but it's not a coincidence, or luck, that he'd played in the CL semis for two separate teams now, and acquitted himself damned well both times. Nani might some day be a better player, but he isn't now, and he may never be. He needs games, yes, but he not going to be "given" them, he has to earn them, Ferguson being more of a pragmatist than amuppet. We all hope Nani will reach his potential, but there's no guarantee it will happen. Park doesn't stand out when playing at the highest level, but he always looks right at home there, and he does a lot of the "water-carrying" work that enables the stand-out players to shine. Park is an excellent football player. Period. Nani might be some day, but for now he simply has potential, and it's up to him to develop it.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
Over the last few years, O'Shea has played fewer games than Evra, but still managed to score a few more goals - obviously he is the superior LB. And Peter Crouch has scored twice as many goals as Rooney this season - perhaps a swap deal can be arranged during the January transfer window. Yeah, right.

The bottom line with Nani is that he fecks up to much when playing difficult opposition, and you just can't have that in tight games for a team that expects to win as much as we do. He has been a weak link out there at times, and that's why he gets trotted out in the FA & Carling Cups, and against weaker opposition in the CL, and its dead rubber games. There his mistakes aren't as costly, since the opposition is less likely to capitalize on them.
A fullback's job is to defend, a winger is supposed to attack :houllier:

It's a fact that in those 'big' matches, Park has done more defensive work than offensive, as a matter of fact I would even go so far as to say he's like our little Kuyt, except even Kuyt has had some good form and is scoring more goals. The reason Fergie has utilized Park over Nani this season is other than the fact that Nani's form has been poor, he has also been using Rafael more often and is using Park to help cover for his defensive frailties. When Wes Brown comes back I'm quite certain we will see Nani much more often.

Chris H

Video Posting God
A fullback's job is to defend, a winger is supposed to attack :houllier:

It's a fact that in those 'big' matches, Park has done more defensive work than offensive, as a matter of fact I would even go so far as to say he's like our little Kuyt, except even Kuyt has had some good form and is scoring more goals. The reason Fergie has utilized Park over Nani this season is other than the fact that Nani's form has been poor, he has also been using Rafael more often and is using Park to help cover for his defensive frailties. When Wes Brown comes back I'm quite certain we will see Nani much more often.
Roll your eyes at someone else, you have missed the mark with nearly every assertion you made in that post. Park does attack, he just doesn't score much this season, although two seasons ago he did. And the Caf doesn't collectively cream itself every time Evra takes the pitch because he's so good at defending. It's cock out time because he's so damned good going forward, so I think it's a fair comparison. In each case one player is clearly better than the other at this point in time, despite producing fewer goals.

It's a fact that Park played 11 of 12 games in the run-in last season ,at a time when little Rafael was still sitting in the stand in street clothes, and Wesley Brown was one of the first on the team sheet every week. So the return of Brown will not necessarily bring Nani back into the team, especially since Nani has not progressed since last season - most of us think he has actually regressed, whereas a finally healthy Park has looked even more solid. Doubt me? Consider also the fact that in the few games Wesley has played this season, Nani hasn't started a single one. So I'm quite certain you're talking out of your hind parts.

And Kuyt scores more goals than Park. That's nice. But not unexpected since when they bought him, he was a a standout striker in the Dutch league. They might both go on the team sheet as "wingers", but their games aren't the same. And "even Kuyt is having good form" is crap in two ways: one, it implies Park isn't having good form, which is not factually correct, and two, like it or not, Kuyt has become a pretty good player, and has looked pretty damned good ever since Euro 2008 this summer. He's still ugly, and we've enjoyed laughing at him the previous two years, but he's a good footballer. As is Park. I'm not surprised you haven't noticed it in Kuyt's case, but it mystifies me how many United supporters continue to overlook it in Park's. I'll say it one more time, try to wrap your pointy little head around it: Park is a very good football player. Why else do you think Sir Alex Ferguson continually puts him on the pitch in big matches? Hint: He wants to win those matches.

Nem 7

All he needs to develop is consistency, this will come from playing week-in-week out.

Despite his age this is only his second season at the highest level, he's not going to be the finished article for now.

Godfather

Roll your eyes at someone else, you have missed the mark with nearly every assertion you made in that post. Park does attack, he just doesn't score much this season, although two seasons ago he did. And the Caf doesn't collectively cream itself every time Evra takes the pitch because he's so good at defending. It's cock out time because he's so damned good going forward, so I think it's a fair comparison. In each case one player is clearly better than the other at this point in time, despite producing fewer goals.

It's a fact that Park played 11 of 12 games in the run-in last season ,at a time when little Rafael was still sitting in the stand in street clothes, and Wesley Brown was one of the first on the team sheet every week. So the return of Brown will not necessarily bring Nani back into the team, especially since Nani has not progressed since last season - most of us think he has actually regressed, whereas a finally healthy Park has looked even more solid. Doubt me? Consider also the fact that in the few games Wesley has played this season, Nani hasn't started a single one. So I'm quite certain you're talking out of your hind parts.

And Kuyt scores more goals than Park. That's nice. But not unexpected since when they bought him, he was a a standout striker in the Dutch league. They might both go on the team sheet as "wingers", but their games aren't the same. And "even Kuyt is having good form" is crap in two ways: one, it implies Park isn't having good form, which is not factually correct, and two, like it or not, Kuyt has become a pretty good player, and has looked pretty damned good ever since Euro 2008 this summer. He's still ugly, and we've enjoyed laughing at him the previous two years, but he's a good footballer. As is Park. I'm not surprised you haven't noticed it in Kuyt's case, but it mystifies me how many United supporters continue to overlook it in Park's. I'll say it one more time, try to wrap your pointy little head around it: Park is a very good football player. Why else do you think Sir Alex Ferguson continually puts him on the pitch in big matches? Hint: He wants to win those matches.
Stopped reading there, because it just isnt

Ekeke

He's been good this season... Aside from his passing.

Better than last year. Needs more games though.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
Give him a break. He's suffering from the second season syndrome I reckon. You only have to remember ronaldo when he first arrived. The talent is there for all to see, its about improving his decision making and that will come soon.

Godfather

That's just bull, there are soooo many more on here who overrate him, that's the truth behind it.

He is a good footballer, yes. Deserves to start atm? Yes.
Should Nani get more chances? Yes, in my eyes, because he has the potential to just be so much better than him, and he already was last year, this year he probably didnt perform on his highest level, but to say he was utter shite isn't true neither.

ANd your comparision between Evra and Oshea just isnt acceptable at all.
Wingers's jobs is it to have a shitload of assists and to score goals, Park's isn't really the best at both of that.

Nani's crossing, shooting (all that a winger needs btw) is better and I'm still sure that if he gets a run of games he will start performing again.

And as far as that Tosic lad is concerned, well we can't really say anything about him can we?

giggs-beckham

Clueless
No wonder nanis been shit this season no ones got any faith in him hes getting critisism and is barely playing at all.
If he started the next five games hed probably frustrate for the first few games, but after that hed start to improve big time and we would see him reach a new level.
Its no good playing one game in like a month, him not playing well and then ditching him for another month. hes never gonna progress at that rate.
The lad needs games.IMO.

Godfather

Except that it is. He is better in ways that do not show up in goal statistics. This is not a very difficult, or even a very controversial statement.
Well that's true, but not as far as effectivness is concerned and that's what we need at the moment.

His last miss was just outstanding you would probably have scored that and people blame Anderson of not scoring so I think it our good right to point it out for Park as well.

Of course he is in better form than Nani right now, but I still think Nani should get more chances

Brwned

No wonder nanis been shit this season no ones got any faith in him hes getting critisism...
Of course, because the amount of faith that United fans on the Caf have for him is directly related to how well he performs.

:angel:

Godfather

No wonder nanis been shit this season no ones got any faith in him hes getting critisism and is barely playing at all.
If he started the next five games hed probably frustrate for the first few games, but after that hed start to improve big time and we would see him reach a new level.
Its no good playing one game in like a month, him not playing well and then ditching him for another month. hes never gonna progress at that rate.
The lad needs games.IMO.
100%ly agreed