Nani

Status
Not open for further replies.

prarek

Been the best attacker if not the best player for Portugal so far in this tournament.

stevoc

Selling Nani and playing Mata on the right wing for most of last season was one of Van Gaal's biggest brain farts.

But Nani obviously had that nasty habit of trying to create goals all the time and wasting perfectly good opportunities to pass it sideways. Louis hated that shit.

Last edited:

prarek

That's 5 decent games in a row from Nani, I hope the Valencia fans are ready for the 15 of unforgiving frustration.
It's ok Valencia fans are used to it. Not sure if you heard of Feghouli? Atleast Nani's highs will be much higher. :lol:

OldTrevil

I heard he is going to Valencia I hope things go well for him there, Nani under Mourinho would have torn the league apart.

Lawman

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I heard he is going to Valencia I hope things go well for him there, Nani under Mourinho would have torn the league apart.
Yet under Fergie he was hopeless the majority of the time he was here.

OldTrevil

Yet under Fergie he was hopeless the majority of the time he was here.
Fergie trusted him in big games though things just never aligned for him to dominate for a long period, his quality is undouted.

red4ever 79

Good performance. Likeable lad is Nani on and off the pitch. With that being said he was rather inconsistent and frustrating for us. I dont think the mistake was allowing Nani to leave, but more not replacing him and relying on inferior players at the club to replace him

Lawman

Fergie trusted him in big games though things just never aligned for him to dominate for a long period, his quality is undouted.
His quality agree but he didn't have the mentality to put it all together or he'd have been a world beater. 8 seasons and the vast majority were frustrating.

Womp

idiot
His quality agree but he didn't have the mentality to put it all together or he'd have been a world beater. 8 seasons and the vast majority were frustrating.
Can't argue that. When he was good he was unplayable though. He would either be perfect and win you the game on his own or would be completely anonymous, no middle ground. :lol:

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
I still feel that he suffered more than most when it came to squad rotation. It seemed that unless he played very very well, he would be dropped for the next game. What made it even more frustrating was that Valencia seemed to have a free pass and was picked regardless.

I would have started Nani every game. That type of player is never going to be the most consistent - Giggs never was - but he was one of the few genuine match-winners we had in our team. The season where he had an almost unbroken run in the team, he was perhaps our best player that year. It was the injury against Liverpool that really halted his progress, in my opinion.

Would still love to have him back.

swooshboy

Band of Brothers
Can't argue that. When he was good he was unplayable though. He would either be perfect and win you the game on his own or would be completely anonymous, no middle ground. :lol:
True, but he would always keep trying - and keep trying to win you the game. I remember some of our absolute dross performances, and he came on as a sub and looked to be the only one trying to win the game, or trying anything inventive or imaginative. I would have that over the lifeless, zombie passing that we dished up during that time.

Nighteyes

Another Muppet
If we're not signing a right winger then he needs to be brought back. Won't cost much and would be our most creative player.

Sepukku

I am glad for him. Valencia is a good side and he deserved better than the Turkish league.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Good for him, they sold him for more(?) than they bought it from us. It will be interesting to see how he does in La Liga.

what a mess

Unpredictable to say the least but on his day ( I know I know they were few and far between ) a real match winner and in these days of idiotic transfer fees he's worth a punt at £7m or to put it another way 25% of what we paid for Fellaini !

stevoc

Happy for him to get a move to a top league, he is way too good for the Turkish league. Would have had him back here no problem.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
He should play in a better league so it's a good move. Hope it works out for him

Status
Not open for further replies.