Nani

Status
Not open for further replies.

BringNaniBack

Leaves a bullshit trail behind him
He'd still be ten times the player Depay is so I'm all for it. Would instantly become our most creative player.
As I said earlier the thread I can't see Nani coming back and don't know if he is good enough any more anyway but I have to agree with your post. He would certainly be an upgrade on Depay who is awful.

Last edited:

Aint gota Kalou

The last 2 games I've seen of his he's played through the middle, was that a regular thing or has he mainly been played on the wing?

And he shouldn't come back, was a fan of him when he was here but its time to move on.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Careful with that kind of comment, don't put words in my mouth, or make up things i've said.
I have seen every game the team has played since before Nani was born.

He can shoot... Hard, but most of the shots ended far up in the stands.
The few times he miracolously hit towards the goal, the goals were nice of course.
But unfortunately they rarely did.

His work rate isn't very good at all, or he might actually run back more than i give him credit for, but he has no clue how to win the ball back.

The lad has all the abilities and skills to be one of the very best wide players, but his head has no clue how to use them.
What a bad post.

daveskimufc

i wouldnt mind him back, i will admit to being one of those demanding we get rid of him a few years back, but to see how our right flank has gone backwards since he left, think he would fit in nicely and at such small fee, would not be a risk imo

Cletus

Slack jawed yokels can have good taste in football
Bringing Nani back isn't so Bad, I think he was Gone Too Soon, Remember The Time when Nani set up Rooney for his Dangerous, Invincible bicycle kick? Or when he ran like a Speed Demon from the half way line and scored the winner against city for the charity shield, which made everyone Scream and left city fans Speechless! What a Heartbreaker, you had Got To Be There, he put a huge Smile on my face that day!

For £6m I Want You back, I'll be There when you return Nani, Will You Be There?
This transfer window is turning out to be quite a Thriller!
Yeah, some of his skills were so Smooth, Criminal not to be able to see those on a regular basis, on his day he was hard to Beat. It would be a big surprise though and don't know if his wounds from his acrimonious departure could Heal. The World will enjoy an in-form Nani, I expect a lot of ex-players Don't Care About Us asking them to come back.

Edgio

Totally agree. When he was a constant starter he gained confidence. That's when he played his good games.
In his good days he was a world beater.
Yep. When he got a run in the team in 10/11 and 11/12, he was fantastic. His game was coming together brilliantly. Unfortunately, injuries and rotation limited his chances after that. He was brought back by SAF for the big games in the CL in 12/13 and was delivering, until that joke of a sending off.

I'd love to see him back as a squad player, maybe even a starter if he could get anywhere near the sort of form he is capable of. Thing is with Nani, he can be utter shite and still bang in a world class goal.

Edgio

Yeah, some of his skills were so Smooth, Criminal not to be able to see those on a regular basis, on his day he was hard to Beat. It would be a big surprise though and don't know if his wounds from his acrimonious departure could Heal. The World will enjoy an in-form Nani, I expect a lot of ex-players Don't Care About Us asking them to come back.
Winner (though I'm sorry I started this shit now)

Kag

I'd pass on this one. That said, I'd have never sold him and he's a lot better than the likes of Lingard and Depay.

redwar

His game was coming together brilliantly. Unfortunately, injuries and rotation limited his chances after that.
SAF never trusted him. He rotated him in favor of Young and Valncia. Young is a player of an average 6,5 and his best games are 7,5. Valencia had a good season, the season he cpuld cross the ball ans then became the shadow of himself. But still, he was considered a better choice than Nani.

Sad to say, but we almost destroyed his potential.

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
SAF never trusted him. He rotated him in favor of Young and Valncia. Young is a player of an average 6,5 and his best games are 7,5. Valencia had a good season, the season he cpuld cross the ball ans then became the shadow of himself. But still, he was considered a better choice than Nani.

Sad to say, but we almost destroyed his potential.
A lot of players have mentioned how Fergie was harder on Nani than others. I think it's because he knew Nani had the ability to be a world-class player, but sadly he never kicked on. Maybe it wasn't the right approach with him, he could be someone who needed an arm around the shoulder more.

klayton88

I'd have him back if he's happy to be a squad player. On his day he was unplayable. The problem was he didn't have many days! His winner in the 2011 Community Shield against City is still one of my fav United goals.

LuisNaniencia

Sky Sports called my bluff
Say (say say) what you want but something tells me Mou would be interested in him as a a
Squad player.
Dunno about that. Mourinho seems even less patient of pointless trickery or over playing than fergie was and Nani was king of those shenanigans. Also Nani was never too good as a squad player, he needed a run of games to find form and went to shit sometimes when he played the odd game.

buckooo1978

Id never have shipped out or sold Nani myself

At the same time hed be a squad player at best and I hope Jose has plans for a more productive special player on the right

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
for the fee it'd cost it would probably be a no risk one.

Would just look mad a couple of years on, having just seen him have a couple of average years before that!

Jaybomb

Would absolutely have Nani back.

Never got a chance under Van Gaal and has always loved United. I think he would be fantastic under Mourinho.

Tiber

Nani's biggest problem at United was that he wasn't Ronaldo - Especially when many expected him to fill that role.

Yes he was inconsistent and wasn't a star, but he is twice the player that Jesse Lingard will ever be. Have no idea why LVG sold Nani or Di Maria.

Super Nani

We never bring players back so I think the chances of this story being true are very slim but it would be interesting for sure. Our options on the wings are hardly great but with the money we have to spend I imagine Mourinho and Woodward are aiming for bigger fish to sign than bringing Nani back.

He didn't leave on bad terms at all and maybe Jose is a fan so you never know. It would be great to have him here again but until a reliable media outlet confirm our interest it's probably rubbish unfortunately.

Last edited:

christinaa

Gossip Girl
If we can get him back then I'm all for it as he was a giveaway from Van Gaal - how about Van Persie too ?!

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Nani's biggest problem at United was that he wasn't Ronaldo - Especially when many expected him to fill that role.

Yes he was inconsistent and wasn't a star, but he is twice the player that Jesse Lingard will ever be. Have no idea why LVG sold Nani or Di Maria.
It was a bad move to sell him but I suspect it was down to rebalancing our wage structure as Nani, RvP, Falcao, Di Maria, and Rafa were collectively devouring a sizable chunk.

Skills

Snitch
It's time to move on. Plus he was miserable here in his last few years - Fergie's last season, Moyes and Van Gaal. So I doubt he fancies coming back.

GazTheLegend

I lutterly oved Nani, and felt like he was always on the verge of doing something utterly magical in most games we played - even on his off days.

However there's no way we should be going back in for him, we should be looking at fresh faces from elsewhere.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
If we can get him back then I'm all for it as he was a giveaway from Van Gaal - how about Van Persie too ?!
No need for RvP with Zlatan coming :) And besides, the give youth a chance brigade would be up in arms if we bought two over 30 players in the same window.

Cletus

Slack jawed yokels can have good taste in football
Winner (though I'm sorry I started this shit now)
Nahhhhh sorry to be a kid, but how is his better than mine :lol:
It's like talking to a Rock With You, one part of me thinks that in terms of opinion You're Just, Another Part of Me thinks you're being petty. However, The Way You Make Me Feel about the prospect of Nani returning and doing those great goals from outside the box is something I Just Can't Stop Loving, You know what I mean?

stevoc

I doubt it's true but i wouldn't mind him back. Considering his time here i imagine negotiations would go Smooth. Criminal if we pass up the opportunity to get a good player for a small fee if he's available.
Joke stealer :p

Edgio

They're talking 'bout our Nan in The Mirror (TM)
They're saying he can change our game (better change)
And young Memphis was shite as a winger
If we wanna get the squad in a better state
Grab the book with the cheques
And then make that change

P.S. they're not even talking about him in The Mirror

stevoc

Too risky they kept trying to create goals and messing up perfect opportunities to pass it sideways and retain possession. Same reason Januzaj was about as welcome as a fart in a space suit last year.

Edgio

It's like talking to a Rock With You, one part of me thinks that in terms of opinion You're Just, Another Part of Me thinks you're being petty. However, The Way You Make Me Feel about the prospect of Nani returning and doing those great goals from outside the box is something I Just Can't Stop Loving, You know what I mean?
And this @Cheekiey

Status
Not open for further replies.