Nani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tiber

Too risky they kept trying to create goals and messing up perfect opportunities to pass it sideways and retain possession. Same reason Januzaj was about as welcome as a fart in a space suit last year.
]

:lol: both funny and probably 100% accurate

I had so much faith in LVG when he arrived (he subbed a keeper ffs!) but a lot he did at United was bad, even some of the earlier things that didn't cause much resentment at the time. He couldn't even get the best out of the likes of Di Maria or RVP... that's just weird. He save Smalling's United career though I am not sure that is quite equal to wasting Di Maria

SteveW

I'd be up for this. Should never have been sold. Good player, Knows the club, pl proven and cheap.

James_42

I loved Nani when he was at United but there is no need to go back for him now.
We should be aiming for exciting young players that are only going to improve, and it looks like Nani has already peaked and is now on the decline.

If we did end up getting him then the one positive would be that Mourinho would be desperate to get the best out of him, other mangers we've had treated him harshly compared to other players which was frustrating.
Another positive thing would be a low transfer fee and I couldn't see his wages being that high so if he ended up being disappointing it wouldn't be the end of the world.

If it is true that we're after Embolo and are able to sign him then I would love to also bring Nani in to improve the squad, but if we're going to rely on him as our main RW next season then I would be left feeling disappointed.

Reactions: Cina

Trizy

I think this should be left as it is. Having said that though I always liked Nani, even if he frustrated me!

Cletus

Slack jawed yokels can have good taste in football
Joke stealer :p
Ooh, didn't see that. Points deducted.
Ah balls, missed that, well done sir.

Nani's free-kicks went straight in, right? I don't remember any going in Off The Wall. He could potentially be one of the best wingers on the face of the Earth. Song, Rigobert or Alex, are shite in comparison, Nani could be the top Man. In the Mirror or the Sun newspapers we will probably expect to see some nonsense saying it's a done deal, won't We? Are the World Cup finals being held when he is 31?

I'm done now, thanks.

OLLY ORANGE

Great talent but one of the most frustrating players we've had in many a year.
Just wouldn't cut it with Jose. Especially with defensive duties that will be asked of him.
Is he really the best available winger out there?

Edgio

Ah balls, missed that, well done sir.

Nani's free-kicks went straight in, right? I don't remember any going in Off The Wall. He could potentially be one of the best wingers on the face of the Earth. Song, Rigobert or Alex, are shite in comparison, Nani could be the top Man. In the Mirror or the Sun newspapers we will probably expect to see some nonsense saying it's a done deal, won't We? Are the World Cup finals being held when he is 31?

I'm done now, thanks.
Haha. Some of his goals had Old Trafford Rockin'. Robin van Persie's often had a similar effect.

MAME DIOUF 32

Great talent but one of the most frustrating players we've had in many a year.
Just wouldn't cut it with Jose. Especially with defensive duties that will be asked of him.
Is he really the best available winger out there?
tbf I think Nani's willingness to track back was massively underrated. The problem is that he's no good at it.

We shouldn't have let him go, but 2 years on you'd hope we've found younger options.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I loved Nani when he was at United but there is no need to go back for him now.
We should be aiming for exciting young players that are only going to improve, and it looks like Nani has already peaked and is now on the decline.

If we did end up getting him then the one positive would be that Mourinho would be desperate to get the best out of him, other mangers we've had treated him harshly compared to other players which was frustrating.
Another positive thing would be a low transfer fee and I couldn't see his wages being that high so if he ended up being disappointing it wouldn't be the end of the world.

If it is true that we're after Embolo and are able to sign him then I would love to also bring Nani in to improve the squad, but if we're going to rely on him as our main RW next season then I would be left feeling disappointed.
If there's one manager who can get the best out of him it's Mourinho. Nani is a flair/confidence player and Jose knows how to spike a player's confidence.

Womp

idiot
I love Nani, was my favourite player when he was with us, was a shame his talent was wasted out on the left where he clearly wasn't as effective. That 18 months of form on the right wing was a joy to watch.

That being said he's nearly 30 now, we need to start clearing out the old guard, not bringing more of them back.

Miscemayl

All these littl ladyboys who quoted me, play in the caf clash of clans clan with me, they agreed ingame to all quote me and disagree.
And they are all wrong obviously, especially @Varun who started it :D
Right, this makes much more sense!

Would not want him back, just for the sake of those sitting behind the goals. .

TheSpaceman

This can't be true. He's not good enough...never was imo!

Agree with the first part, but definitely not the second! It'd be pretty dumb to bring him back now, and I don't think these links are really that true, but Nani was phenomenal for a solid portion of 10-11 and more than good enough for most of his tenure at United. Really think that cup game against chelsea tainted people's view of him for the worse and unfortunately for the long term. Admittedly nani was my favorite player but definitely harsh to say he was never good enough.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Nani's biggest problem at United was that he wasn't Ronaldo - Especially when many expected him to fill that role.

Yes he was inconsistent and wasn't a star, but he is twice the player that Jesse Lingard will ever be. Have no idea why LVG sold Nani or Di Maria.
Well that's not saying much is it.

Mark Pawelek

In Turkey, Nani's stats are far better in the Turkish league than the Europa. Most PL players would score the opposite. Memphis did well in the Europa, but badly in the PL. That indicates the Turkish league may not be that good. Although it looks like Nani is good value, he didn't work out before; no manager played him since here since 2011/12 when he had 28 starts. We should go for Henrikh Mkhitaryan (#10), and Riyad Mahrez (#7). If they are considered too old: Gabriel Jesus at 19, looks brilliant, plays on the left but looks like he could play on the right too. Sadly looks like Jose is going for value signings for the wing.

donkeyfish

The day we start buying 29-year olds from Fenerbahce is the day I´ll finally realise our glory days are gone. Just when my optimism is on the rise, something like this will really throw a spanner in the works.

Exciting player for sure, but far far from the player we should aim for if we aspire to win the PL or CL

MileHighRed

Agree with the first part, but definitely not the second! It'd be pretty dumb to bring him back now, and I don't think these links are really that true, but Nani was phenomenal for a solid portion of 10-11 and more than good enough for most of his tenure at United. Really think that cup game against chelsea tainted people's view of him for the worse and unfortunately for the long term. Admittedly nani was my favorite player but definitely harsh to say he was never good enough.
One portion of one season out of what 6-7 seasons? Hardly backs up your argument for him being good enough. He always flattered to deceive.

Geordopolous

:lol:

No he wasn't. Amazing what that last season in Madrid did for Di Maria's reputation.
Are you actually serious? You're saying before Di Maria came to United, he wasn't better than Nani? I'm glad you're not a scout

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
It was crazy that we sold him and then cried about lack of pace in the team, and it would be crazier if buy him now.

He deserves better than the Turkish league, though. I hope one of Milan or Inter take a punt on him for that price.

Beej

This reeks of Fenerbahce trying to improve their bargain position to get a better price from Inter.

RedStarUnited

Im probably alone with this thought but Valencia has annoyed me a lot more during his time with us than Nani did.

Reddevildans

I was always a fan of Nani and feel he was harshly treated here. Stats proved he was influential when he played and had a run of games. He scored goals and created even though he had moments of sheer stupidity like blazing the ball into row Z when better options were available. Plus he was a scorer of some pretty good goals (cant remember any scruffy goals or tap ins). Our current wingers since his departure havnt even compared to what his input was. However, at 29 years old I think we should be looking somewhere else for a younger equivalent.

Reactions: Cina

Luke Parker

Imagine that we pay him to play for another club then later pay a transfer fee for him back. Nice.
This.

And not forgetting that said player was about as useful as an inflatable dartboard for many of the games he played. Huge potential but couldn't deliver on a regular basis (a performance, or a corner...).

Status
Not open for further replies.