Nasri To City - Done Deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

evra

Bitten by an adder as a baby, the adder died.
The Sunday Times reckon that Utd are interested:

MANCHESTER UNITED TO NAB NASRI FROM ARSENAL?
As if it couldn't get any messier at Arsenal, now they've got to fret about Samir Nasri.

The Sunday Times reports that Nasri 'has left Arsenal in a worrying state of limbo by failing to sign a lucrative new contract with the club. With Cesc Fabregas a continued transfer target for Barcelona and Real Madrid, Arsenal face the prospect of a summer fending off interest in their two most productive outfield players.

'Both Manchester United and Chelsea are in the market for a midfield playmaker and have been alerted to the Nasri's potential availability. In Serie A, Internazionale have asked to be kept informed of developments with the France midfielder as they prepare improvements to their squad.'

But how the blazes did Arsenal get into this situation?

'Nasri's situation is particularly perplexing as Arsenal believed they had agreement on a new four-season deal that would have almost doubled the 23-year-old's annual gross salary to £5m. Before Nasri formally signed the new contract, however, Arsenal were knocked out of the Champions League by Barcelona, lost the League Cup final to Birmingham City, and exited the FA Cup to United.

'It is understood that Nasri's agent Jean-Pierre Bernes is now seeking assurances on Arsenal's summer transfer strategy as well as improved financial terms for a client nominated for the PFA's player of the year award.'

Frankly, who can blame him?

Interestingly, it's also claimed that ManYoo 'are in the market for at least two new midfielders and regard Nasri as an alternative to Inter Milan and Holland playmaker Wesley Sneijder.'

Hmmm.
F365

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Decent player but not as good as what we have, wouldn't say no for back up but Arsenal wouldn't sell to us and I doubt he'd want that kind of role anyway.

MacMUFC

His finishing was awful today, he should have won them the game.

Decent player but not as good as what we have, wouldn't say no for back up but Arsenal wouldn't sell to us and I doubt he'd want that kind of role anyway.
You think so? You could argue he would start for us.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
His finishing was awful today, he should have won them the game.

I don't think so mate, I think he would be great for us in that 4-5-1 formation although I don't how would he fit in our 4-4-2 formation, considering he isn't a proper winger anyway.

Although I don't think he's mentally that strong, there is a considerable drop in his performance for the second half of the season much like Arsenal.

Sam

He wouldnt get in our team. Not a chance.

MacMUFC

In place of who?
Its difficult to say, because we dont have a first 11. We adapt against our opposition. It seems a couple of people thought i was referring to our wingers, but i imagine him in the center. He'd start regularly ahead of everyone next to Carrick. Nasri can also play as a defensive midfielder.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
Get off your high horse, people. nasri would walk into your midfield. Bar Nani, the only question is who should be benched in his favour.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Its difficult to say, because we dont have a first 11. We adapt against our opposition. It seems a couple of people thought i was referring to our wingers, but i imagine him in the center. He'd start regularly ahead of everyone next to Carrick. Nasri can also play as a defensive midfielder.
I assumed it was being discussed in terms of him on the wing, where I still maintain our current wingers are better, but yea in the middle he could work.

Still though, pointless debate really because it's never going to happen.

TheHorse'sMouth

Supports
Arsenal
United don't really play with pure AM'S (if you discount Rooney who drifts in that position) so how exactly will he fit in?

MacMUFC

I don't think so mate, I think he would be great for us in that 4-5-1 formation although I don't how would he fit in our 4-4-2 formation, considering he isn't a proper winger anyway.

Although I don't think he's mentally that strong, there is a considerable drop in his performance for the second half of the season much like Arsenal.
Theres too much focus on Arsenal's mentality. Their defence simply isnt good enough. If they had a back 5 equal to ours at full strength they wouldve won this league by about 3-4 points.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Theres too much focus on Arsenal's mentality. Their defence simply isnt good enough. If they had a back 5 equal to ours at full strength they wouldve won this league by about 3-4 points.
Garbage. Their defence wasn't the biggest problem today, missing chances was.

MacMUFC

I assumed it was being discussed in terms of him on the wing, where I still maintain our current wingers are better, but yea in the middle he could work.

Still though, pointless debate really because it's never going to happen.
Stranger things have happened. It also seems he's considering his future this summer.

MacMUFC

Garbage. Their defence wasn't the biggest problem today, missing chances was.
Difference is, with our defence they probably wouldve nicked it 1-0. Draw at least. I had to laugh at the defending of their centre halves today at times, it was appaling. You dont see Ferdinand and Vidic do that and i think we take those two and VDS for granted.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Whoever they had in defence wouldn't matter as long as the mentality in and around the club remains as spineless as it is.

032Devil

United Target Samir Nasri?

TRANSFER NEWS: Manchester United Target Samir Nasri | Football Talk | Premier League News - Arsenal | Chelsea | Man Utd | Liverpool | Spurs

Manchester United Target Samir Nasri

Apparently, Old Trafford chiefs have switched their attentions to Arsenal superstar, Samir Nasri from the possible signing of Sneijder in the summer.

Manchester United think that they will be able to get Nasri on the cheap, as he still hasn’t secured a long term future with the Emirates outfit. Nasri is also wanted by clubs such as Barcelona and it seems that the lack of silverware will drag him away from London.

On the other hand, Sneijder has a deal with Inter Milan that will last through to the year of 2015. The Sunday Times report this:

Nasri’s situation is particularly perplexing as Arsenal believed they had agreement on a new four-season deal that would have almost doubled the 23-year-old’s annual gross salary to £5m. Before Nasri formally signed the new contract, however, Arsenal were knocked out of the Champions League by Barcelona, lost the League Cup final to Birmingham City, and exited the FA Cup to United.

But who could really blame him? Arsene Wenger has even mentioned that he won’t spend in the following summer, so it looks like he will be moving on in the summer as well.

Lance Uppercut

I wouldn't be against it, but it wouldn't overly excite me, either.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Not a bad news to focus on since we are playing them next in the league :D

Anyway, he wont come. Arsenal wont let him go too. Impossible.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
The whole lot of you never learn eh? Where does he fits in, how many times Fergie have made you eat your words but no, you come here claiming to be the descendant of SAF and dare questions the man himself.

If he deemed Nasri to be fit for us he surely have things in mind, things fledglings like you will never be able to fathom, hence you're sitting here trying to look smart on the internet while he's going on to manage arguably the biggest football team on the planet

VoetbalWizard

would never be able to play in a midfield 2. not a scholes replacement.

mind you, he'd be cheaper and is younger than sneijder.

however, i highly doubt arsenal would sell him to us. He'll be going abroad most probably.

Domino

Classy player,

But Arsenal will never sell to us.

Remember when we went in for Vieria?

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
hes better than gibson and anderson, scholes may retire and hargreaves is a crock

he would be a welcome addition as far as i am concerned no matter unlikely it may be

Devil may care

Prem proven, still only 23 and quality, he'd be a good buy bu there is no chance in hell this will happen.

Brophs

The One and Only
There's more chance of us selling them Rooney, I'd have thought. Arsene would never sell us one of his best young players, in the process weakening his own team and strengthening ours. If he leaves he'll be off to Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.