NBA 2017-2018

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Since the draft for the new season is today thought we can start a new thread. And man has this offseason been more exciting than the playoffs were with all these trades. Hoping to see where CP3 and Blake Griffin end up.

Kearnkoff69

Realistically I think it'll be Blake who goes and not CP. I could even see DeAndre leaving based on rumors that they're shopping him around. I'd love to see CP at Spurs. They'd add another All-NBA level defender and instantly upgrade their playmaking ability, plus take some pressure of creating off Kawhi. But I don't think they have the cap space to do it (could be wrong, since Pau declined his player option?)

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
According to the official schedule, both the draft and summer league are part of last season :nervous:

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Chris Paul can get a much better contract at Clippers than elsewhere and at 32 he'll care about money as his next contract might not be a huge one.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Chris Paul can get a much better contract at Clippers than elsewhere and at 32 he'll care about money as his next contract might not be a huge one.
And it would be weird if he did not take the veteran super max since he is the one who fought for it to be put in the CBA.

altodevil

And it would be weird if he did not take the veteran super max since he is the one who fought for it to be put in the CBA.
Yeah exactly. Think the Clippers run it back, potentially trading Blake if things don't work out. Otherwise they become irrelevant again.

altodevil

Looks like Porzingis-Suns deal now imminent. As long as Booker stays Phoenix a winner in my book.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
What time (GMT) does it start tonight?

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Celtics have apparently offered the Knicks the 3rd pick and a few other lottery picks for KP.

altodevil

Supposedly Myles Turner blabbed then deleted the tweets. Might stay up for the draft now - feck it. At least for the top 10.

altodevil

PAUL GEORGE JUST SET HIS LOCATION TO "I'll tell you when I land..."

WOWWWWW

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
Celtics have apparently offered the Knicks the 3rd pick and a few other lottery picks for KP.
Apparently the Knicks want the no.3, Celtics 1st rounder next year (which they got from Brooklyn), Jae Crowder and Jaylen Brown.

The sticking point is that the Celtics don't want to give up Brown. If they offer one or a combination of Rozier/Smart/one of the other innumerable 1st round picks picks they've amassed then it might get done.

Sarni

Apparently the Knicks want the no.3, Celtics 1st rounder next year (which they got from Brooklyn), Jae Crowder and Jaylen Brown.

The sticking point is that the Celtics don't want to give up Brown. If they offer one or a combination of Rozier/Smart/one of the other innumerable 1st round picks picks they've amassed then it might get done.
That is way too high a price. That's three consecutive top 3 picks (Nets will probably be top 3 next year too). They might get Crowder + no. 3 this year, that's all. Ainge is not giving up on 3 high picks and Crowder for one player.

So New York are shopping Zinger but for a price nobody will pay.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
That is way too high a price. That's three consecutive top 3 picks (Nets will probably be top 3 next year too). They might get Crowder + no. 3 this year, that's all. Ainge is not giving up on 3 high picks and Crowder for one player.

So New York are shopping Zinger but for a price nobody will pay.
I dunno, I would be tempted. Porzingis is already extremely good, fills a need and the Celtics can still make a run at Gordon Hayward and a couple more experienced role players with their cap being as it is. Thomas, Bradley, Hayward, Horford and Porzongis is a very strong starting 5 and is a lot closer to taking on the Cavs.

The oppurtunity to trade for plauers as good, as young and as cheap as KP do not come along often.

JoaquinJoaquin

As a Knicks fan who loves Porzingis even I would say that the Boston trade would be hard to turn down if it was #3 (Jackson), #7 (Monk), A future pick and Crowder or someone else. Add in we would have #8 still too.

Sarni

As a Knicks fan who loves Porzingis even I would say that the Boston trade would be hard to turn down if it was #3 (Jackson), #7 (Monk), A future pick and Crowder or someone else. Add in we would have #8 still too.
How does #7 enter the conversation here though?

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Seems like the Celtics will hold on to #3 because the Knicks asked for too much. That means either Jackson or Tatum.

Sarni

Think it's done now
It has actually happened!

LaVine, Dunn and no. 7 pick. That's a bad deal for Bulls and a great one for Minnesota.

Rubio/Butler/Wiggins/Someone/Towns is very good.

Member 5225

Already hate LaVar Ball.
So how does this work then?
People all over Twitter wetting themselves over this Ball chap - why didn't the first team pick him then?

Oh wait, Lakers had 2nd pick overall - so they could get him it seems.

Member 5225

Also, what if a team picks a kid and the kid doesn't want to move to that city etc?