NBA 2017-2018

MJJ

There is no way he would come back if Love and Kyrie weren't there. He knew it would give him a big chance. They became pretty much the favourites, but no one saw Warriors coming.

Not sure about Kyrie leaving, Pippen was also supposed to be traded at one point, but Jordan stopped it. Kevin Love looks a shadow of a player he was. Anyway, in all this debate, I just can't put together him going to the best possible option and ending up with no help talk.
The cavs without him were good but they were not the second best option, they were one of the few good teams.

Again if you think he did not have help, point out two cav players who had a good series without deflecting to events which happened four years in the past.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The cavs without him were good but they were not the second best option, they were one of the few good teams.
Think they were bookies favourites at the time. Certainly a top 3 team, people forget how good Love was.

Again if you think he did not have help, point out two cav players who had a good series without deflecting to events which happened four years in the past.
You mean this series? None. That's why he is leaving. Again.

MJJ

Think they were bookies favourites at the time. Certainly a top 3 team, people forget how good Love was.

You mean this series? None. That's why he is leaving. Again.
They were the bookies favourites before Lebron joined? Yeah, I would like to ask for a source for that.

Whichever he chooses, sick and tired of the narrative he doesn't have support. Spent last 8 years picking a team which will give him the best chance.
So you are sick and tired of the narrative he doesnt have support but also think no other cav player had a good series? That makes sense.

Jim Beam

They were the bookies favourites before Lebron joined? Yeah, I would like to ask for a source for that.
http://bookmaker-info.com/en/2014-2015_nba

Google it. Not the only page.

So you are sick and tired of the narrative he doesnt have support but also think no other cav player had a good series? That makes sense.
I am questioning how this team end up so bad from bookies favourites or whether he elevates them enough. Don't know what is so hard to get. Jordan had better support, he never faced Warriors, etc... Well, he also didn't pick another team which could give him a better chance.

MJJ

http://bookmaker-info.com/en/2014-2015_nba

Google it. Not the only page.

I am questioning how this team end up so bad from bookies favourites or whether he elevates them enough. Don't know what is so hard to get. Jordan had better support, he never faced Warriors, etc... Well, he also didn't pick another team which could give him a better chance.
Before lebron joined, not after.

They were second best with kyrie, fhay trade screwed the team over and love declined. What's so hard to get ahout that.

Jim Beam

Before lebron joined, not after.

They were second best with kyrie, fhay trade screwed the team over and love declined. What's so hard to get ahout that.
They became bookies favourites when Love and LeBron joined in. No Love, no LeBron. The year before the favourites was Heat, but Wade and Bosh also declined.

Seems to me everyone looks shit after he lefts them and great before that. That's not hard to get, it's just a bit strange.

MJJ

They became bookies favourites when Love and LeBron joined in. No Love, no LeBron. The year before the favourites was Heat, but Wade and Bosh also declined.

Seems to me everyone looks shit after he lefts them and great before that. That's not hard to get, it's just a bit strange.
Well it's not strange if you believe that he is a major reason why they look so good.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@Jim Beam LeBeon had no support on Cavs I so that's why he left them to join Wade and Bosh on the Heat. By year 4 both of them had declined and the team had declined to a point were LeBeon didn't have enough support to win, to he left them. Cavs had Kyrie and the #1 pick so he went there and had them trade the pick for Love. The Cavs with LeBron+Kyrie+Love were the best team in the league, won one title and would have won another if not for Love and Kyrie going down with injuries. Then the Warriors added Durant. Then the Kyrie trade happened -entirely because of Dan Gilbert being afraid of LeBron leaving next season-, bombed, and he was back to having no support

When he left the Cavs the first time they were a lottery team. When he left the Heat they won 37 games. If he left the Cavs with Kyrie and Love, that team would have made the playoffs in the east. The Kyrie trade being a bust was the problem

That, and KD joining the Warriors

Jim Beam

@giorno that are all fair points, but still that Heat team didn't suppose to decline so quickly. He personally screamed in the air about 5,6 championships or some other bollocks when he joined them (made them looked pretty stupid when they lost to Dallas the very next season). Spurs kept going with most of their main stars well over 30. Jordan Bulls weren't so young anymore in 1997 and 1998. You could see how Pippen looked the season after in Rockets.

He is changing the team now for the third time to get optimum conditions of winning the title and for that reason, I don't buy the whole narrative about him fighting against the odds or not having so much support. Those two things just don't go together.

Then the Kyrie trade happened -entirely because of Dan Gilbert being afraid of LeBron leaving next season-, bombed, and he was back to having no support
Can you explain this a bit? Don't know much about it. Gilbert was afraid of LeBron leaving anyway as a free agent this year, so he made the trade because of that? Irving looked to me like the guy who wanted the move and not play with LeBron anymore.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
@giorno that are all fair points, but still that Heat team didn't suppose to decline so quickly. He personally screamed in the air about 5,6 championships or some other bollocks when he joined them (made them looked pretty stupid when they lost to Dallas the very next season). Spurs kept going with most of their main stars well over 30. Jordan Bulls weren't so young anymore in 1997 and 1998. You could see how Pippen looked the season after in Rockets.
Nobody was talking about LeBron fighting against the odds after he went to Miami. And the 2014 finals, we only found out how bad that supporting cast had become by then because LeBron was the best player in those finals and the heat got wiped off the face of the earth.

The Cavs were the best team in the league in 2015 post ASG ans then they proceded to lose Love in the first game of the playoffs, and Kyrie in overtime of game 1. That's what made those finals a LeBron against all odds scenario. They won the following year with Kyrie and Love. And then KD joined the warriors

He is changing the team now for the third time to get optimum conditions of winning the title and for that reason, I don't buy the whole narrative about him fighting against the odds or not having so much support. Those two things just don't go together.
And if Kyrie and Love don't get injured or Durant doesn't go to the Warriors, LeBron probably would have won 3 or 4 titles in a row. LeBron wasn't always lacking support. He was in first stint on the Cavs, and he was the final year in Miami, and he was this season

Can you explain this a bit? Don't know much about it. Gilbert was afraid of LeBron leaving anyway as a free agent this year, so he made the trade because of that? Irving looked to me like the guy who wanted the move and not play with LeBron anymore.
LeBron wanted Griffin to get a new contract, Griffin had apparently succeded in trading for George(don't remember why that didn't happen in the end), then rumors got to Kyrie that 1) the cavs were open about trading him and 2) LeBron might leave anyways, which would have left him stranded on a team with little upside. So he pushed for a trade. LeBron felt like the relationship between them wasn't irreparable, Griffin(by then out of the organization) has gone on record saying the same. Instead Gilbert was so afraid of LeBron walking and of getting nothing that the moment the #8 pick got offered, he decided to go through with it instead of waiting and see whether it was possible to either change Kyrie's mind, or maybe get a better offer. The cavs has 6 months to deal with the Irving situation, but Gilbert choose to deal him away at the first offer because he could get a post-LeBron building piece(#8 pick) in exchange

Jim Beam

And the 2014 finals, we only found out how bad that supporting cast had become by then because LeBron was the best player in those finals and the heat got wiped off the face of the earth.
They shouldn't be wiped off. The reasoning in which Duncan and Ginobili at 38/37 are not declining, but Bosh, Wade just over 30 are doesn't make any sense. They lost the competitive drive and hunger. It is damn hard to win 3 in a row, only a few teams could. That team should have won more and for a longer period of time considering it's supporting cast. Those were expectations when they came together after all.

And if Kyrie and Love don't get injured or Durant doesn't go to the Warriors, LeBron probably would have won 3 or 4 titles in a row. LeBron wasn't always lacking support. He was in first stint on the Cavs, and he was the final year in Miami, and he was this season
And if LeBron is on the West for his whole career he goes to a lot fewer finals. But, it is what it is. Anyway, I give you that first stint in the Cavs and this last season, but no way that last year in Miami.

LeBron wanted Griffin to get a new contract, Griffin had apparently succeded in trading for George(don't remember why that didn't happen in the end), then rumors got to Kyrie that 1) the cavs were open about trading him and 2) LeBron might leave anyways, which would have left him stranded on a team with little upside. So he pushed for a trade. LeBron felt like the relationship between them wasn't irreparable, Griffin(by then out of the organization) has gone on record saying the same. Instead Gilbert was so afraid of LeBron walking and of getting nothing that the moment the #8 pick got offered, he decided to go through with it instead of waiting and see whether it was possible to either change Kyrie's mind, or maybe get a better offer. The cavs has 6 months to deal with the Irving situation, but Gilbert choose to deal him away at the first offer because he could get a post-LeBron building piece(#8 pick) in exchange
Basically, if LeBron made assurances he would stay and opposed to Kyrie leaving the trade wouldn't happen?

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They shouldn't be wiped off. The reasoning in which Duncan and Ginobili at 38/37 are not declining, but Bosh, Wade just over 30 are doesn't make any sense. They lost the competitive drive and hunger. It is damn hard to win 3 in a row, only a few teams could. That team should have won more and for a longer period of time considering it's supporting cast. Those were expectations when they came together after all.
Yes, the expectation was that that team would last longer, but it didn't. Why is that LeBron's fault? And keep in mind the first game was competitive until the faulty AC caused LeBron to cramp up ans forced him to sit out the last 5 minutes. In those 5 minutes without LeBron, the Spurs blew the Heat off the court. Without a faulty AC, the heat might taken game 1, and given they won game 2, it might have been a completely different series

The heat traded for Dragic miseason and won 37 games, missing the playoffs, the following season. Why is that LBJ's fault?

And if LeBron is on the West for his whole career he goes to a lot fewer finals. But, it is what it is. Anyway, I give you that first stint in the Cavs and this last season, but no way that last year in Miami.
It shouldn't have, but it was, and LeBron was the only Heat being as good as he was supposed to be

Basically, if LeBron made assurances he would stay and opposed to Kyrie leaving the trade wouldn't happen?
Had LeBeon given assurances he would have stayed on, Kyrie might have been traded anyways, but Gilbert probably doesn't bite on that offer, they wait to see how the situation evolves. That said, Gilbert is a notoriously poor owner who meddles too much while being an incompetent fool

Jim Beam

Yes, the expectation was that that team would last longer, but it didn't. Why is that LeBron's fault? And keep in mind the first game was competitive until the faulty AC caused LeBron to cramp up ans forced him to sit out the last 5 minutes. In those 5 minutes without LeBron, the Spurs blew the Heat off the court. Without a faulty AC, the heat might taken game 1, and given they won game 2, it might have been a completely different series

The heat traded for Dragic miseason and won 37 games, missing the playoffs, the following season. Why is that LBJ's fault?

It shouldn't have, but it was, and LeBron was the only Heat being as good as he was supposed to be
LeBron should have been good since his ass was unbelievably saved by the lucky rebound and crazy Allen 3-point shot the year before. The year where he wasn't that great in the final. If LeBron is the leader of that team and he is (although funny enough there was a legitimate debate about Wade or LeBron being the leaders of the team considering it was Wade who most of the time took the ball when there was a deciding shot) then he should have done more for the dynasty. You know like other great players (Magic, Bird, Jordan, Kobe) did.

You push your team to be better as a leader and he didn't do enough or elevate them enough imo. I don't blame LeBron for Heat 37 wins the season later, the same as I don't blame Jordan that Pippen looked much inferior player once he went to Rockets. Different season, different circumstances, the team winning everything before and not having much ambition and motivation. But I do blame him for a season before considering it is his duty as a leader to make everyone around him better. And they just fell apart in the final. Again.

LeBron if he really wanted, with all his power, could stop Kyrie trade. Although, there were some indications that Kyrie didn't want to play with him anymore.

Anyway, he picks again. He will probably go for the best possible team. If things don't go that well, with all LeBron greatness people will rightly start asking questions about some of his traits as a leader and a winner.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Next three weeks are going to be crucial in how the league shapes up for the next few years, a lot of moves can happen and some will definitely have huge effect on who is the second best team in the next 2-3 seasons (LeBron move). Trying to have a look at that:

Draft:

I think it has pretty much been concluded that Ayton is going no. 1 to Phoenix. He will be good for them offensively, not sure about the defensive part of his game as he has been garbage in NCAA but has the physical tools to get better.

Second pick should be obvious for the Kings (Doncic) but it apparently isn’t and they are looking at Bagley which would be such a Kings move. Bagley will probably rack up big stats from the go but he’s not a good fit long term and Doncic will end up better. I kind of have started to like the Kings (their fans are great fun) so I want them to do well and I will be rooting for the Doncic pick.

Atlanta should choose Jaren Jackson who is IMO the most complete young big in the draft. The top of the draft is big heavy but I think JJJ will be the best long term. I think then it goes Bagley to Grizzlies, Bamba to Dallas, Trae Young to Orlando, Porter to Bulls (he has withheld his medical record from everyone bar them apparently) and I have no idea what Cavs do and it kind of dictates who goes next. I think they should take Carter but will probably go with Sexton. I just hope Mikal Bridges is still on the board when 76ers turn comes as I want him there badly. As for my other teams, Blazers are picking 24th so will probably take whoever they can but it seems like they are looking for a back up guard considering how many of them they worked out in the last three weeks. I am hoping for Huerter, Hutchison or Bates-Diop though, a wing talent to develop. My new adopted team Utah are picking 21st but don’t discount the possibility of them moving up again like last year. Shame they can’t trade up high enough to get JJJ who would be so absolutely amazing with Mitchell that I can’t catch my breath. I think they might go with Troy Brown if it’s possible, or one of the scorers (DiVincenzo, Allen).

Free agency:

LeBron’s move is basically the most important one here. I think the only realistic destinations are Cleveland, Lakers, Philly and maybe Houston (I have no idea how they are supposed to find cap space to do this but Morey is great at facilitating such moves). I am obviously hoping for Philadelphia and I think they have a great chance here but recently it seems like the Lakers have pulled ahead - not worried over this as he never went to bookies favourites in free agency anyway. Then there’s Paul George status but I think he pretty clearly goes to Lakers. After that there are some RFAs, interesting what happens with Capela because he certainly will get good offers but Houston will match all of them if they don’t get LeBron. If they, however, do get LeBron, they will be forced to let Capela go. I think he might end up with someone like Kings. Gordon is also expiring but here Orlando just have to match everything, but it’s Orlando so they probably will manage to screw up even a simple thing like this. Jabari is interesting because I doubt that Milwaukee are so invested in him to match a huge offer so he might actually end up leaving, again I think Sacramento are a probably destination as they are in a mode where they want to accumulate talent now and start playing well immediately as they don’t own a pick next year. This is unlike Dallas, Atlanta or Chicago who probably wouldn’t mind being bad for a little longer in order to get more youth.

Sarni

Before somebody accuses me on jumping on a bandwagon in 5 years time when Doncic, Fox and Giles are winning the conference, I already stated that I am adopting Sacramento as my current crap team to cheer for in the draft (not in the tank as they won’t be tanking). Something I have been missing as I am a fan of a hip team (Portland), have two hip teams as my back up teams (Utah and Philly) with one of them a probably contender soon but don’t have a crap tanking team to look out for. Welcome to my kingdom, Sacramento, enjoy the bad luck I bring with me when you are finally in the playoffs.

alan_nis

As for LeBron, I'd really like that his move makes his new team a genuine contender. 76ers and Spurs seem ideal from this point of view. Some time ago Cowherd made a good point that had Durant gone to the Wizards we'd have had 6-7 teams going for the title rather than 2-3. If Lebron goes to the Celtics or Rockets nothing will really change in terms of competition.

Sarni

As for LeBron, I'd really like that his move makes his new team a genuine contender. 76ers and Spurs seem ideal from this point of view. Some time ago Cowherd made a good point that had Durant gone to the Wizards we'd have had 6-7 teams going for the title rather than 2-3. If Lebron goes to the Celtics or Rockets nothing will really change in terms of competition.
I think 76ers with him have an outside chance of matching Warriors if everything goes right for them and by that I mean Embiid stays healthy, Simmons learns to shoot mid-range at least, Fultz remembers how he used to take jumpers correctly and their rotation players don't make stupid mistakes (see Covington's shot selection in playoffs). They'd still be like 1/4 underdogs against Warriors though, easily.

He won't go to Boston, I don't even consider that as possibility. They'd probably need to send Kyrie Irving back to Cavs for that to work under the cap.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think 76ers with him have an outside chance of matching Warriors if everything goes right for them and by that I mean Embiid stays healthy, Simmons learns to shoot mid-range at least, Fultz remembers how he used to take jumpers correctly and their rotation players don't make stupid mistakes (see Covington's shot selection in playoffs). They'd still be like 1/4 underdogs against Warriors though, easily.

He won't go to Boston, I don't even consider that as possibility. They'd probably need to send Kyrie Irving back to Cavs for that to work under the cap.
Nah. Not for the next year.

Simmons shat his pants on the playoffs, and while he will improve, he isn't really (yet) a Championship level player, and to some degree the same stands for Embiid. And Fultz won't be that good in his first season.

I think that the only team he will make a contender are San Antonio (Houston already are), and Lakers if both George and one of CP3/Boogie joins them too.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I think that the only team he will make a contender are San Antonio (Houston already are), and Lakers if both George and one of CP3/Boogie joins them too.
Really? I'd say he would make (almost) every team in the East a contender, i.e. going to the Finals.

Stricly talking about the West, he'd be on par with Houston if he went to Portland or Utah for example, I'd say. He's just that good.

Revan

Assumptionman
Really? I'd say he would make (almost) every team in the East a contender, i.e. going to the Finals.

Stricly talking about the West, he'd be on par with Houston if he went to Portland or Utah for example, I'd say. He's just that good.
Losing 4-0 in the finals is hardly becoming a contender.

Also, Boston will be really good next year. LeBron wouldn't have dreamed of going to the finals if Kyrie didn't get injured. With Kyrie and Hayward coming back from injuries next year, Boston will be on the level of Houston.

Sarni

Nah. Not for the next year.

Simmons shat his pants on the playoffs, and while he will improve, he isn't really (yet) a Championship level player, and to some degree the same stands for Embiid. And Fultz won't be that good in his first season.

I think if Sixers get LeBron they will also bring Kawhi. They have so many assets to throw at Spurs that nobody can compete with them.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think if Sixers get LeBron they will also bring Kawhi. They have so many assets to throw at Spurs that nobody can compete with them.
That changes the discussion. Those two + Simmons and Embiid are Golden State level.

Sarni

Now that would be a contender. How does that work out cap wise, though?
No problem at all. They will need to match Kawhi's salary. He will make $20M next year. If this trade is made then Covington definitely goes the opposite direction ($10.4M) and probably Fultz gets used as another asset, he makes $8.3M. Then they either offer whoever they pick at 10 (Mikal Bridges, Wendell Carter, Collin Sexton?) and the salaries match, or offer future picks plus one of the fringe players (Holmes, TLC, Anderson) and it also works under the cap.

Basically they are in perfect situation to acquire Kawhi via trade.

Skåre Willoch

No problem at all. They will need to match Kawhi's salary. He will make $20M next year. If this trade is made then Covington definitely goes the opposite direction ($10.4M) and probably Fultz gets used as another asset, he makes $8.3M. Then they either offer whoever they pick at 10 (Mikal Bridges, Wendell Carter, Collin Sexton?) and the salaries match, or offer future picks plus one of the fringe players (Holmes, TLC, Anderson) and it also works under the cap.

And adding LeBron on a max on top of that is no problem either? Wow. That's the process for you!

Would those assets be good enough for Spurs to accept, though? Or are they just happy to get rid at this point?

Revan

Assumptionman

Will SA want Fults at $8.3M?

Sarni

And adding LeBron on a max on top of that is no problem either? Wow. That's the process for you!

Would those assets be good enough for Spurs to accept, though? Or are they just happy to get rid at this point?
Not a problem at all, they need to find a buyer for Bayless last year of contract and they'll have cap space for max player.

Sarni

Will SA want Fults at $8.3M?
Why not? He's a no. 1 pick who was rated extremely high out of college. He's had mental issues which ruined his first year but he's still a huge talent.

Sarni

I think Sixers with LeBron and Kawhi are actually comfortably better than Warriors. LeBron is better than Durant, Kawhi is better than Klay, Embiid is better than Green and Simmons is not better than Curry now but would be a nightmare match up for them anyway and is an amazing player. They’d take some time to gel but I’d be surprised if they didn’t get to the Finals easily and gave Warriors a great series there.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

It's the East.... They're weak as shit that LeBron moving teams within the conference is the ultimate decider on who gets to the Finals.

Only that that changes for LeBron if he moves to the West is how early he's going to end up losing to the Warriors because he's not winning anything in the West if he's insistent on playing his terrible system.

Zen

Put LeBron and Kawhi together anywhere half competent and they are probably better than Warriors. Forget trying to match this "big 4" shenanigans, Rockets proved you don't need to truly do that. Just might be handy if one of your big 2 isn't a bit injury prone.....which Kawhi could be also, but then again, so is Curry.

I hope wherever decision LeBron makes leaves a bit of parity instead of overpowering the league at the top. We are almost close to getting over this 2 year Warriors overpowered farce....we just had two conference finals where the losing teams had a few things happen to disadvantage them, and with the exception of Toronto, the losers from the semi's should only improve....so for me wanting a good league, stay at Cleveland.

For himself and an easy ring....well whatever out of the Sixers, Spurs or anywhere with Kawhi, or Rockets....though maybe not, not sure how he and Harden work, him and Paul, yes.

ZDwyr

Free agency:

LeBron’s move is basically the most important one here. I think the only realistic destinations are Cleveland, Lakers, Philly and maybe Houston (I have no idea how they are supposed to find cap space to do this but Morey is great at facilitating such moves). I am obviously hoping for Philadelphia and I think they have a great chance here but recently it seems like the Lakers have pulled ahead - not worried over this as he never went to bookies favourites in free agency anyway. Then there’s Paul George status but I think he pretty clearly goes to Lakers.
Not sure it is that clear. If LeBron goes to LA then it is almost a definite that George will go also. If LeBron doesn't go then I think PG will stay in OKC or go to the Cavs in a sign and trade. That's just my read on it though. I think he wants to play with LeBron but he also enjoys playing with Westbrook in OKC.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Put LeBron and Kawhi together anywhere half competent and they are probably better than Warriors. Forget trying to match this "big 4" shenanigans, Rockets proved you don't need to truly do that. Just might be handy if one of your big 2 isn't a bit injury prone.....which Kawhi could be also, but then again, so is Curry.

I hope wherever decision LeBron makes leaves a bit of parity instead of overpowering the league at the top. We are almost close to getting over this 2 year Warriors overpowered farce....we just had two conference finals where the losing teams had a few things happen to disadvantage them, and with the exception of Toronto, the losers from the semi's should only improve....so for me wanting a good league, stay at Cleveland.

For himself and an easy ring....well whatever out of the Sixers, Spurs or anywhere with Kawhi, or Rockets....though maybe not, not sure how he and Harden work, him and Paul, yes.
LeBron’s not going to the Spurs. He praises Pop a lot out of respect to him, but he’s not going to play for Pop and lose his freedom to pad stats for his legacy. That’s the only argument he has for being GOAT, give that up and that argument is done and he’s out for the running.

Sarni

LeBron’s not going to the Spurs. He praises Pop a lot out of respect to him, but he’s not going to play for Pop and lose his freedom to pad stats for his legacy. That’s the only argument he has for being GOAT, give that up and that argument is done and he’s out for the running.
They also have no cap space to sign him into.

Revan

Assumptionman
I think Sixers with LeBron and Kawhi are actually comfortably better than Warriors. LeBron is better than Durant, Kawhi is better than Klay, Embiid is better than Green and Simmons is not better than Curry now but would be a nightmare match up for them anyway and is an amazing player. They’d take some time to gel but I’d be surprised if they didn’t get to the Finals easily and gave Warriors a great series there.
LeBron is better than Durant, but not a big difference, and the same can be said for Embiid with Green (in fact, considering the experience and Green's ability to raise his game in the playoff, I would say that when it matters, Green is comfortably better than Embiid). Kawhi and Klay is the dealbreaker, Kawhi is so much better. But then, Curry is far superior to Simmons, and let's not forget that for all his ability, Simmons was garbage in the playoff, with Tatum looking three times the better player.

There is also the matter of chemistry which Dubs have, and probably 76ers won't have, after adding two massive superstars in the same season. And who knows how would James, Leonard and Simmons play together, all three of them need the ball to be at their best (unlike Durant and Klay for example). Would say that they are close, but still would have Dubs as favorites.

Sarni

LeBron is better than Durant, but not a big difference, and the same can be said for Embiid with Green (in fact, considering the experience and Green's ability to raise his game in the playoff, I would say that when it matters, Green is comfortably better than Embiid). Kawhi and Klay is the dealbreaker, Kawhi is so much better. But then, Curry is far superior to Simmons, and let's not forget that for all his ability, Simmons was garbage in the playoff, with Tatum looking three times the better player.

There is also the matter of chemistry which Dubs have, and probably 76ers won't have adding two massive superstars in the same season. And who knows how would James, Leonard and Simmons play together, all three of them need the ball to be at their best (unlike Durant and Klay for example). Would say that they are close, but still would have Dubs as favorites.
Nah I think Embiid at his best is on a different level compared to Green at his best. He’s basically the best center in the league. Green is a great hustle player, he passes the ball very well and he can sometimes shoot but Embiid is just amazing talent - he can kill you inside, is an amazing defender and he can get the crowd going just as much if not more than Draymond.

You point to Simmons playoffs too much. He was actually very good against Miami, Boston figured him out but he’s just a young boy in his first professional year. He had one truly garbage game and a couple of bad games against Celtics, and obviously that play in game 3 which cost them the series. He will grow with experience. Talent wise he’s on another level to pretty much every rookie in the past few years at point guard position. It’s probably better for the league that he can’t shoot yet as otherwise he would become completely unplayable.

I think the difference between James and Durant is pretty significant too.

I am biased here though because I’m a bit of a closet Sixers fan and I hate Warriors.