NBA 2018-2019

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I think it's fair to say now, history will remember Curry as Durant's little bitch.
Jeez . I have never really understood this debate. KD is one of the greatest of all time but it's not like he was winning title after title without Curry & the warriors. Warriors won with him because he added to an already amazing team , if anything there are a few others who aren't as good as him who would probably have still won with the warriors if they were there in place of KD. As someone who saw majority of the warriors games last few seasons if I had to choose one between the two for my team between the two I would like curry , not because he is the better player but because I think he suits the warriors more . I don't like discussion hypotheticals but Warriors went 7-4 without KD on the toughest stretch in NBA these playoffs (8-4 if you count game 5 Vs Rockets ) but I struggle to see the same happening if Steph was the one injured . Two great players though who won because they are part of a great team

Eddy_JukeZ

My favorite player in the NBA :( Rose was so Special.
He was my favorite athlete ever.

He's from Chicago and I've been in Chicago my entire life.

The day he tore his ACL was devastating to me. His subsequent return in 2013-2014 and him tearing his meniscus made me really depressed that entire season. That was the least I ever watched basketball.

haram

This series really changed my perception of Warriors. Hated them more than any other NBA team before the series for ruining NBA competitiveness and Draymond's stupid face, came out of this actually feeling bad for them and not hating them all that much anymore.
Only because of KD and Klay’s injuries.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
He was my favorite athlete ever.

He's from Chicago and I've been in Chicago my entire life.

The day he tore his ACL was devastating to me. His subsequent return in 2013-2014 and him tearing his meniscus made me really depressed that entire season. That was the least I ever watched basketball.
Love him as well, I was so fecking happy when he dropped 50 for Minnesota this season.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

Klay tore his ACL.

Wow. His landing was similar to when Ibra tore his, so I had a feeling it might have been the ACL.

GS in a really interesting spot for next season.
I thought the same when he landed re Ibra, but then when he walked I thought it's bot serious, what a shame. :(

Kaos

Klay and KD picking up lengthy injuries will make the warriors struggle next season IMO. I don’t see them making the finals.

Moby

Dick
"Durant should stay with the Dubs for a possible 4-peat next season" :lol:

Finally the curse of Golden State is over! 3 rings is pretty much in line with what they deserve given their teams in this era.

Well done for Raptors. Keeping their heads focused after their Game 5 loss was commendable and a fully deserved win for them.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
It’s way better watching us on the road because you don’t see Drake as much

Moby

Dick
I think it's fair to say that we'll remember him as the first unanimous MVP, the greatest shooter of all-time and a 3-time NBA champion with countless records behind his name that probably won't be broken for a fair few decades.

I'm not a particular fan of Curry but the amount of hate or unwarranted criticism he gets in this thread is simply ridiculous.
The unanimous MVP is a much of a muchness, but as a shooter definitely he's right up there. Absolutely ridiculous talent in that department to a point where it changed the course of the league. His playoffs CV overall could have been much better, no doubt about that and something that would probably hurt his reputation down the line.

I do hope that this 3-pt shooting mania dies with this dynasty and we can go back to some high flying coast to coast fast break transition basketball.

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I was hoping the Raptors to win in Game 7 just so that he could grab the mic and drop 'Started at the bottom' right after the buzzer. :lol:
Ugggghhhhh :lol:

I think I’d rather Warriors won that that...

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
NBA is getting decided by injuries too often. Year after year it plays a huge part. The players play too many games
Agreed

Congrats to the raptors though. Great team, deserved champions.

ChrisNelson

Special mention to Nick Nurse who used to coach at Derby which is just down the road from me! Went to see them a couple of times back in the 90's.

Chuffed for the Raptors and I think it's good for the NBA because the GSW dynasty was starting to look like it was unstoppable again.

Now just need to get my team the Wizards moving forward!

Affirmation

Congratulations to the Toronto Raptors for winning the NBA Championship. Use truly did Canada proud and are worthy champions.

ZDwyr

I think it's fair to say that we'll remember him as the first unanimous MVP, the greatest shooter of all-time and a 3-time NBA champion with countless records behind his name that probably won't be broken for a fair few decades.

I'm not a particular fan of Curry but the amount of hate or unwarranted criticism he gets in this thread is simply ridiculous.
It's the same with almost every superstar tbh. Curry is one of the best players to ever player the game.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Special mention to Nick Nurse who used to coach at Derby which is just down the road from me! Went to see them a couple of times back in the 90's.

Chuffed for the Raptors and I think it's good for the NBA because the GSW dynasty was starting to look like it was unstoppable again.

Good luck with that

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The unanimous MVP is a much of a muchness, but as a shooter definitely he's right up there. Absolutely ridiculous talent in that department to a point where it changed the course of the league. His playoffs CV overall could have been much better, no doubt about that and something that would probably hurt his reputation down the line.

I do hope that this 3-pt shooting mania dies with this dynasty and we can go back to some high flying coast to coast fast break transition basketball.
The next trend could start with Giannis and Zion and lead to super athletic, long teams.

I think Zion could really change the league. I’ll risk guessing Pelicans will be super fun to watch next season.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Still don't understand how Klay Thompson was able to jog back in. Maybe it's a very mild tear, but damn it, it's still an ACL tear. Can't do nothing when it happens.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Still don't understand how Klay Thompson was able to jog back in. Maybe it's a very mild tear, but damn it, it's still an ACL tear. Can't do nothing when it happens.
It’s an injury that often allows you to walk without even knowing you’ve torn your ACL. Didn’t think he jogged though, just walked back on the court didn’t he?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
It’s an injury that often allows you to walk without even knowing you’ve torn your ACL. Didn’t think he jogged though, just walked back on the court didn’t he?
He jogged. Both when he came back in and left. I tore my ACL playing football at the docks 2 months ago. Couldn't do anything with the left knee. It just buckled and the rest was pain and complete lockdown.

I guess it depends on the severity.

ChrisNelson

Good luck with that
I like basketball and the Wizards are my team because the first NBA match I saw was in 2009, Wiz at home to Pacers. I have a rule where the first team I see at home when abroad become my team to support in that country. So in America I have Wizards (NBA), NY Rangers (NHL) and NY Mets (MLB, back in 1997!). I'm yet to see an NFL game live!

What do you think the Wiz need to do to get back in to the playoffs? They made it there in 17 and 18 but they've gone 4th - 8th - 11th in the last 3 seasons in the East.

ManUtd1999

I'm a Bulls fan, but the Wizards are my second favorite team (am a Maryland-DC guy, and it's one of only two teams that Jordan played for), and hope that the Wizards would start a project that would end like the Raptors.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Love him as well, I was so fecking happy when he dropped 50 for Minnesota this season.
I think everyone was. To think what he could have become had he never got hurt. MVP at 21 is ridiculous to say the least and a true testament to how nasty he was.

SportingCP96

Supports
Jeez . I have never really understood this debate. KD is one of the greatest of all time but it's not like he was winning title after title without Curry & the warriors. Warriors won with him because he added to an already amazing team , if anything there are a few others who aren't as good as him who would probably have still won with the warriors if they were there in place of KD. As someone who saw majority of the warriors games last few seasons if I had to choose one between the two for my team between the two I would like curry , not because he is the better player but because I think he suits the warriors more . I don't like discussion hypotheticals but Warriors went 7-4 without KD on the toughest stretch in NBA these playoffs (8-4 if you count game 5 Vs Rockets ) but I struggle to see the same happening if Steph was the one injured . Two great players though who won because they are part of a great team
Yes but in the flip side of the argument one can say that bar 2015 where they beat a injury depleted Cavs team the warriors have lost both finals KD did not play in and not just won but dominated the two he did play in. Sure looks better for him.

SportingCP96

Supports
I never understood the hate for the Warriors I guess because they have been by far the best team in the NBA for years. They have built that franchise up by being the best run franchise in the NBA the last few years. Didn't have to tank to do it either. They put themselves in a great position to be able to get a top 2 player in the game without sacrificing much of there team and it led to two more championships.

Nothing but respect can be given to them. Hate for the Warriors is just jealousy.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I never understood the hate for the Warriors I guess because they have been by far the best team in the NBA for years. They have built that franchise up by being the best run franchise in the NBA the last few years. Didn't have to tank to do it either. They put themselves in a great position to be able to get a top 2 player in the game without sacrificing much of there team and it led to two more championships.

Nothing but respect can be given to them. Hate for the Warriors is just jealousy.
They absolutely tanked.

SportingCP96

Supports
They absolutely tanked.
there highest pick was Curry with the 7th pick. Klay was 11 and draymond second round. Smart drafting, trading Ellis , getting iggy, drafting Barnes. Never had s top 3 or even top 5 pick when building this team.

Eboue

there highest pick was Curry with the 7th pick. Klay was 11 and draymond second round. Smart drafting, trading Ellis , getting iggy, drafting Barnes. Never had s top 3 or even top 5 pick when building this team.
Not getting a top pick isnt the same as not tanking. I know its pre 2014 so some people didnt pay attention but they tanked for the pick that became Harrison Barnes.

SportingCP96

Supports
Not getting a top pick isnt the same as not tanking. I know its pre 2014 so some people didnt pay attention but they tanked for the pick that became Harrison Barnes.
Shitty tank considering he was not the cornerstone of what the franchise became. I mean there back bone and all the side pieces added was done by great drafting by great trading thanks to a competent front office and well run franchise.

They didn’t have to go to sizers level of tanking or Knicks this year and countless other examples.

Eboue

Shitty tank considering he was not the cornerstone of what the franchise became. I mean there back bone and all the side pieces added was done by great drafting by great trading thanks to a competent front office and well run franchise.

They didn’t have to go to sizers level of tanking or Knicks this year and countless other examples.
He was a starter on an NBA champ and a team that won 73 games.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
still buzzing.

best feeling ive had since Mecheda's goal and Moscow.

totally deserved. what a run. Kawhi best player on earth.

From laughing stock and irrelevant to champions!

this is for all the fans that saw Vince Carter quit on the team, coaches and GMs feck up routinely, Rafael Arujo, Andrea Bargnani, Mike James, and so many shit players.

We did it!!!

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero