NBA 2018-2019

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
He was a starter on an NBA champ and a team that won 73 games.
Ya for sure Harrison Barnes is the reason warriors won 3 chips in the last 5 years and got to 5 straight finals.

Once again I am saying. There CORE the foundation of there team and the first names you think of when someone says “Warriors” was done thanks to there own merit.

They deserve nothing but respect for how they are run and there achievements.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I never understood the hate for the Warriors I guess because they have been by far the best team in the NBA for years. They have built that franchise up by being the best run franchise in the NBA the last few years. Didn't have to tank to do it either. They put themselves in a great position to be able to get a top 2 player in the game without sacrificing much of there team and it led to two more championships.

Nothing but respect can be given to them. Hate for the Warriors is just jealousy.
They have (at least) respect from most people imo.

People don't realize how hard is to go for 3-peet. Injuries, mentally draining, players getting older.
Personally, I don't like Durant move and that's about it when it comes to them.

SportingCP96

Supports
They have (at least) respect from most people imo.

People don't realize how hard is to go for 3-peet. Injuries, mentally draining, players getting older.
Personally, I don't like Durant move and that's about it when it comes to them.
Which is understandable (the Durant part) but still they were able to make that move because of everything else they did as well.

What they did and how they did it is nothing short of fantastic 73 win season championships on championships etc. They get undeserved hate unless it’s jealousy.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Ya for sure Harrison Barnes is the reason warriors won 3 chips in the last 5 years and got to 5 straight finals.

Once again I am saying. There CORE the foundation of there team and the first names you think of when someone says “Warriors” was done thanks to there own merit.

They deserve nothing but respect for how they are run and there achievements.
You're spinning this into a whole other thing to avoid admitting you are wrong. The Warriors tanked for Barnes and he was a key member of their first two teams. If they didnt get Durant he would have continued to be a key member of their team.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Which is understandable (the Durant part) but still they were able to make that move because of everything else they did as well.

What they did and how they did it is nothing short of fantastic 73 win season championships on championships etc. They get undeserved hate unless it’s jealousy.
They were very lucky with that Durant move. Stars aligned for them to sign him, with their stars taking a discount or getting lower salaries because of injury issues, and not having to extend anybody in the Summer of 2016 when the cap grew by $24million at once. We won't have a situation like this in the near future. Under normal circumstances a team with three All-Stars is capped out and can't just give a max to the fourth guy.

Sarni

You're spinning this into a whole other thing to avoid admitting you are wrong. The Warriors tanked for Barnes and he was a key member of their first two teams. If they didnt get Durant he would have continued to be a key member of their team.
True. We can't neglect tanking because it didn't work in that one particular case. Sixers had a 2/5 success rate with their high picks during the tanking era, we won't say that they didn't tank to get where they are just because Fultz, Okafor and Noel were crap.

Eboue

They were very lucky with that Durant move. Stars aligned for them to sign him, with their stars taking a discount or getting lower salaries because of injury issues, and not having to extend anybody in the Summer of 2016 when the cap grew by $24million at once. We won't have a situation like this in the near future. Under normal circumstances a team with three All-Stars is capped out and can't just give a max to the fourth guy.
Exactly it was a perfect storm of Curry being vastly underpaid due to signing an extension when he was an injury risk and the cap spike.

SportingCP96

Supports
No you just aren’t understanding what I have said the past 3 messages. There core and foundation of there team the highest pick was 7th then 11 then second round. The rest of the team was composed of great trades. Barnes was a good pick at 7 but he is not someone who will make you into a winning franchise.

I am talking about a core of a team and the main guys of the Warriors and cornerstones of the franchise and you are talking about Harrison Barnes:lol:

I then explained what I meant by saying they didn’t have a top 3 or 5 pick and you are talking about a guy that was a good role player/decent starter.

I am not wrong you just have to re read what I said.

Eboue

No you just aren’t understanding what I have said the past 3 messages. There core and foundation of there team the highest pick was 7th then 11 then second round. The rest of the team was composed of great trades. Barnes was a good pick at 7 but he is not someone who will make you into a winning franchise.

I am talking about a core of a team and the main guys of the Warriors and cornerstones of the franchise and you are talking about Harrison Barnes:lol:

I then explained what I meant by saying they didn’t have a top 3 or 5 pick and you are talking about a guy that was a good role player/decent starter.

I am not wrong you just have to re read what I said.
Barnes was part of the core of the first two teams. If you cant see that then this is pointless.

SportingCP96

Supports
The Durant move was the cherry on top but the cornerstone of there franchise was build through the draft and trades.

SportingCP96

Supports
Barnes was part of the core of the first two teams. If you cant see that then this is pointless.
He was a good player for them never the core and or cornerstones of that franchise. The 3 key and most important players in the warriors are klay, Steph and Draymond.

I am talking about what made this franchise what it is now and the past 5 years and what ultimately led them to championships and you’re talking about Harrison Barnes like he was a key component to them being what they are.
He was never the difference between winning or losing a championship they could have had a different player to fit his role in the team and still done well.

Feck me your right this is pointless. Fecking Harrison Barnes “the key component to the warriors success” :lol::lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
Why are you putting something into quotes that I never said. Pretty dishonest
I was using it as “air quotes” because by saying what you were saying that is pretty much implying what I quoted.

Because I was talking about the cornerstones of the franchise and the most important players to the warriors championships (bar KD) which Barnes most obviously was not. Like I said they could of had another player that could have filled his role.

Nonetheless your either just not comprehending, choosing not too, or flat out trolling at this point because I explained what I was saying 4x in a row now. I’m done with this so here “your right you win”.

SportingCP96

Supports
all this comes back to you saying the warriors didnt tank, me pointing out they did and you continually moving the goal posts which you must be an expert at from your time in ronaldo threads
No you just can’t accept your wrong. I explained never had top 3 or 5 pick. There cornerstones were 7,11 and second round, there best pieces added were trades. Then you mentioned Barnes which they also got at 7 as if he was one of the main reasons they became what they became.

Cute Ronaldo post btw considering that is the thread I spend the least time on compared to the Portuguese, Fernandes , and other threads I go on and this one. But you would know that right? No point in having debates with people who just can’t admit when they are wrong. That’s the beauty of a debate if your wrong you learn something.

Keep it going pal your Doing great.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
all this comes back to you saying the warriors didnt tank, me pointing out they did and you continually moving the goal posts which you must be an expert at from your time in ronaldo threads
The worst thread in a universe. Messi/Ronaldo one.

SportingCP96

Supports
nah I'm done. I've got a lot of patience for time wasters since I mostly post at work but this is too much even for me.
I applaud you for keeping this going as long as you did with the nonsense you wrote. Was a decent effort.

SportingCP96

Supports
Reading and comprehension are two different things.

SportingCP96

Supports
He tends to do that.
Clearly I mean the last few things I have said are truly shocking. Jesus the state of this thread the past days.

Also funny coming from you who literally just did that last night :lol: truly can’t make this stuff up.

Also brilliantly ignoring my reply to his comment about quotes because that’s what you seem to do.

Sarni

Clearly I mean the last few things I have said are truly shocking. Jesus the state of this thread the past days.

Also funny coming from you who literally just did that last night :lol: truly can’t make this stuff up.

Also brilliantly ignoring my reply to his comment about quotes because that’s what you seem to do.
I'm ignoring it because you aren't making any sense and to be honest you've never actually made much sense dating back to your meltdown when you couldn't comprehend how a 14% chance of Knicks getting Zion did not materialize into anything more than RJ Barrett. You are basically attacking people for having different view than you, and constantly imply that your view is the only one to have.

Moby

Dick
He was a good player for them never the core and or cornerstones of that franchise. The 3 key and most important players in the warriors are klay, Steph and Draymond.

I am talking about what made this franchise what it is now and the past 5 years and what ultimately led them to championships and you’re talking about Harrison Barnes like he was a key component to them being what they are.
He was never the difference between winning or losing a championship they could have had a different player to fit his role in the team and still done well.

Feck me your right this is pointless. Fecking Harrison Barnes “the key component to the warriors success” :lol::lol:
You said they didn't tank. They tanked. Why is it so difficult to understand?

Sarni

Haven't listened to the new Bill Simmons podcast yet but apparently Jay Williams has suggested that Warriors told Durant there's 0% chance he is going to injure his Achilles coming back, and that they knew he was leaving and wanted to get as much as possible out of him in this last run. If there's any truth to that then he's certainly gone in the Summer and it puts them in a very bad spot.

That would also explain Bob Myers press conference and his reaction.

Klay getting injured almost straight after coming back from his previous knock is strange as hell too, it feels like a lot of these players were playing through injuries because they wanted to win and two of them are now paying very high price. Really puts load management into perspective, though Warriors have been doing that pretty well for the last couple of seasons I feel. They haven't pushed themselves hard in regular season at all, and it's not like these playoffs have been particularly heavy on them aside from that Rockets series which they got a nice rest afterwards against Portland anyway.

SportingCP96

Supports
I'm ignoring it because you aren't making any sense and to be honest you've never actually made much sense in this thread at all, dating back to your meltdown when you couldn't comprehend how a 14% chance of Knicks getting Zion did not materialize into anything more than RJ Barrett.
I advise you to re read that since you like to put words in my mouth.

Lets have a recap of what I have said in this thread.

1.I was upset we did not get Zion

2. I said Zion would be a bette fit in NYC because he was made for MSG because he was box office

3. Never said we were entitled to him as you quoted yesterday.

4. Said Zion would leave after his contract runs out with the Pelicans.

5. Said Pelicans would not win a championship.

6. Said I would gladly admit I was wrong if they did win a championship.

7. Said the Raptors would not beat a fully healthy Warriors.

8. Said Harrison Barnes was not a cornerstone of the Warriors success.

Yep you are right I never made any sense I said some "stupid and shocking things" get a grip bro. Dont know what you have against me but that sounds like a you problem.

Sarni

I advise you to re read that since you like to put words in my mouth.

Lets have a recap of what I have said in this thread.

1.I was upset we did not get Zion

2. I said Zion would be a bette fit in NYC because he was made for MSG because he was box office

3. Never said we were entitled to him as you quoted yesterday.

4. Said Zion would leave after his contract runs out with the Pelicans.

5. Said Pelicans would not win a championship.

6. Said I would gladly admit I was wrong if they did win a championship.

7. Said the Raptors would not beat a fully healthy Warriors.

8. Said Harrison Barnes was not a cornerstone of the Warriors success.

Yep you are right I never made any sense I said some "stupid and shocking things" get a grip bro. Dont know what you have against me but that sounds like a you problem.
You were literally insulting Pelicans for getting no. 1 pick man.

And you said they didn't tank. Eboue pointed out they did tank. He was correct.

He never actually called him a cornerstone either. An integral part of winning team which he was, having played 30+ minutes in a championship winning season and 30+ minutes in a 73-9 season. He was absolutely spot on about everything.

SportingCP96

Supports
You said they didn't tank. They tanked. Why is it so difficult to understand?
To build the cornerstone of there team which led to there success? I have literally explained this 7x now.

They tanked to get...Harrison barnes. Is that what you want to hear? Jesus christ I have explained what is said for the past hour.

Sarni

And while discussing "the fact" yesterday I completely forgot that you also thought it was pretty much a fact Zion was leaving Pelicans in 6-7 years. You have a strange perception of facts.

Sarni

To build the cornerstone of there team which led to there success? I have literally explained this 7x now.

They tanked to get...Harrison barnes. Is that what you want to hear? Jesus christ I have explained what is said for the past hour.
It doesn't matter who they got with their highest pick. Suns have been tanking for years, if they become good because Devin Booker (#13 I think) and this years pick become great and pull them to a championship, while Ayton and Jackson suck (Jackson already sucks), you cannot say "they've built this team without tanking".

SportingCP96

Supports
You were literally insulting Pelicans for getting no. 1 pick man.

And you said they didn't tank. Eboue pointed out they did tank. He was correct.

He never actually called him a cornerstone either. An integral part of winning team which he was, having played 30+ minutes in a championship winning season and 30+ minutes in a 73-9 season. He was absolutely spot on about everything.
I said its a shame they got a pick like Zion because they are such a small market. I also said that was because I was salty they got him and not Knicks which I admitted (because I admit things unlike some people).

I then explained to Eboue I meant to build the core and cornerstone of there teams. He then mentioned they tanked for Barnes and I said "shitty tank" which acknowledged the tank.

So I am wrong for saying Klay, Steph and Draymond were and are the most important pieces of that team? I am wrong that they could have replaces Barnes with someon else and they would have done well. Wrong for saying Barnes is not going to make your franchise a championship winning one?

SportingCP96

Supports
It doesn't matter who they got with their highest pick. Suns have been tanking for years, if they become good because Devin Booker (#13 I think) and this years pick become great and pull them to a championship, while Ayton and Jackson suck (Jackson already sucks), you cannot say "they've built this team without tanking".
I agree. I was talking about Draymond Klay and Steph. For the 10th time now.

Sarni

I said its a shame they got a pick like Zion because they are such a small market. I also said that was because I was salty they got him and not Knicks which I admitted (because I admit things unlike some people).

I then explained to Eboue I meant to build the core and cornerstone of there teams. He then mentioned they tanked for Barnes and I said "shitty tank" which acknowledged the tank.

So I am wrong for saying Klay, Steph and Draymond were and are the most important pieces of that team? I am wrong that they could have replaces Barnes with someon else and they would have done well. Wrong for saying Barnes is not going to make your franchise a championship winning one?
They could have probably replaced Barnes with about 10 different small forwards and still won the championship, yes. He was important to them though.

They've done very well building that team. I'm very excited about what Travis Schlenck is going to do with Hawks because I have a feeling he's building something special there as well. Warriors front office is pretty amazing to be fair, Jerry West is another one they owe a lot to.