NBA 2018-2019

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
The ball is in your court now, San Antonio. Tell us your price for Leonard :drool::drool::drool:

ZDwyr

LeBron should just take the vet minimum and come to OKC.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The top stars don't want to team up with LeBron anymore because they know that all the credit will go to LeBron if things goes well and they'll get the blame if things doesn't.

They've seen what happened with Love, their sponsors aren't going to be happy if they get the same shit.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
The top stars don't want to team up with LeBron anymore because they know that all the credit will go to LeBron if things goes well and they'll get the blame if things doesn't.

They've seen what happened with Love, their sponsors aren't going to be happy if they get the same shit.
Take the credit, spread the blame - not on LBJ of course. It's those useless doofuses that he dragged along to the final that's the problem along with his crappy coach.

I can already hear it in Los Angeles next year. Paul George freaking hopeless, and the rest of them just a bunch of kids. LeBron dragged them to 45 wins, brilliant, his best season ever. He gets better with age. If it wasn't for him they probably wouldn't have won 20 games. Luke Walton's a crap coach as well. Greatest of all time. Would have won it all this year if he could have had KD, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard and Steph Curry on the roster (not Russell Westbrook of course 'cause nobody can win with Russ :D).

MJJ

Take the credit, spread the blame - not on LBJ of course. It's those useless doofuses that he dragged along to the final that's the problem along with his crappy coach.

I can already hear it in Los Angeles next year. Paul George freaking hopeless, and the rest of them just a bunch of kids. LeBron dragged them to 45 wins, brilliant, his best season ever. He gets better with age. If it wasn't for him they probably wouldn't have won 20 games. Luke Walton's a crap coach as well. Greatest of all time. Would have won it all this year if he could have had KD, James Harden, Kawhi Leonard and Steph Curry on the roster (not Russell Westbrook of course 'cause nobody can win with Russ :D).
Nah thats the dubs way of doing things, he could have won it if JR had remember the bloody score.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Nah thats the dubs way of doing things, he could have won it if JR had remember the bloody score.
I'm assuming that was a joke. Either that or you just meant game 1. If it's the latter, sure the Cavs could have won one game even if it was by no means certain they would have done so even without the JR screw up. Just for a bit of perspective here, the Cavs are 1-11 against the Dubs in their last 12. There's no way they were winning 4 out of 7.

MJJ

I'm assuming that was a joke. Either that or you just meant game 1. If it's the latter, sure the Cavs could have won one game even if it was by no means certain they would have done so even without the JR screw up. Just for a bit of perspective here, the Cavs are 1-11 against the Dubs in their last 12. There's no way they were winning 4 out of 7.
Cavs win the first one and lebron doesn't hurt his hand ajd I could see them being ckmpetitive across all games and maybe sneak it.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Why is it that every single time any half decent free agent is on the market, Warriors come out and say they are interested?

Jordan opted out of his final year at Clippers which would have been $24.1M, almost certainly to sign a longer deal with another team - probably Dallas. Now there are rumors Warriors will offer him a taxpayer MLE, $5.3M a year, to play with them. Do they really think someone is going to give up $20M (or $50M in 3-4 years period) to play with them?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Why is it that every single time any half decent free agent is on the market, Warriors come out and say they are interested?

Jordan opted out of his final year at Clippers which would have been $24.1M, almost certainly to sign a longer deal with another team - probably Dallas. Now there are rumors Warriors will offer him a taxpayer MLE, $5.3M a year, to play with them. Do they really think someone is going to give up $20M (or $50M in 3-4 years period) to play with them?
Different story if he was 34. Just plain cheeky at this point though.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State

If you don't ask etc... As to DeAndre Jordan in particular and why he may be interested; according to spotrac he is number 34 in all time career earnings at almost $107 million. That is more than Steph Curry and just a million less than Klay Thompson and Draymond Green combined. The man is not poor! If he's interested in a Championship it's possible he may go for a 1 year deal especially in a year when free agent earnings as a whole are expected to be down. Personally, I think the whole story is crap but as I said "if you don't ask."

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/earnings/

Last edited:

Sarni

If you don't ask etc... As to DeAndre Jordan in particular and why he may be interested; according to spotrac he is number 34 in all time career earnings at almost $107 million. That is more than Steph Curry and just a million less than Klay Thompson and Draymond Green combined. The man is not poor! If he's interested in a Championship it's possible he may go for a 1 year deal especially in a year when free agent earnings as a whole are expected to be down. Personally, I think the whole story is crap but as I said "if you don't ask."

http://www.spotrac.com/nba/rankings/earnings/
So he’s earned $107M and would be willing to basically give up on $20M and potentially lose all $65M - $70M he would stand to earn from a new 4-year deal he could sign without Dallas now (you never know what the market is going to be for him next year) to play with the amazing Warriors. That’s potentially over 50% of his career to date earnings that he would give up and he’s 30.

He has specifically declined $24.1M next year, it doesn’t matter what the market for other free agents is going to be because he clearly feels he’s getting paid.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
So he’s earned $107M and would be willing to basically give up on $20M and potentially lose all $65M - $70M he would stand to earn from a new 4-year deal he could sign without Dallas now (you never know what the market is going to be for him next year) to play with the amazing Warriors. That’s potentially over 50% of his career to date earnings that he would give up and he’s 30.

He has specifically declined $24.1M next year, it doesn’t matter what the market for other free agents is going to be because he clearly feels he’s getting paid.
Personally, I think the whole story is crap......

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Yeah he is :drool:

Maybe. Most probably.

Moving vans were at his house in Cleveland too apparently.

Bubz27

Saw a rumour that Jordan has signed a 4 year $43m deal with GSW.

ZDwyr

Four-year deal, too. Excellent. Scared money don't make none.

James_42

Can't believe PG is sticking with OKC, was even more shocked when I saw the deal he took.

I'm so happy as a Thunder fan, the Grant deal as well was a bonus.

Feels kinda sad though, seeing the ownership commit to such a crazy luxury tax bill when they were hesitant to do it in the past.

The fact that Melo wasn't involved at all with the PG celebration party makes me think he isn't going to be sticking around for long.

ArseHat

Deandre’s verbally agreed to join the Mavs on a 1 year deal for $24m per ESPN while CP3 re-signs with Houston.

Word’s also out that Dwight’s very interested in joining the Warriors. For all his faults, if he doesn’t disrupt the locker room dynamic and meshes well with the team (which is a big if considering his history), him as the starting center could be ridiculous. Not sure if it’s worth the risk, though. If Golden State somehow sign Ariza, Crawford, and/or Howard (deeming him to be a good fit) via the ring-chasing discount, they’ll solve their depth issues and be even more unbeatable than they already are.

Bubz27

They can’t offer him that. The most he can get for 4 years would be around $22M.
Yeah it was nonsense. He's joining Mavs it seems. Unless Doc goes and locks him in his house.

ArseHat

Good for Ariza. Would be a low blow to bail on Houston to sign with the Warriors.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I did not expect the 4 years. I like this. He didn't even meet with the Lakers, apparently.

Last edited:

Sarni

Wow, I did not expect this extension. He did not even meet with the Lakers and it does not include that fifth year so it’s not about money.

I wonder how that impacts LeBron’s decision. If Lakers cannot get Kawhi then it becomes less likely that he goes there.