NBA 2018-2019

stepic

will there be any UK broadcaster picking up some rights, now that BT have walked away?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Jimmy Butler wants to be traded to the Clips, Nets or Knicks apparently (shot fired at the Lakers). It's prob worth the Knicks trading for him, wonder if Mudiay + Hardway + a conditional pick would get it done.
Mudiay is worth nothing, Hardaway is a neutral value at best if not negative so you cannot put any strict conditions on the pick or else that deal becomes worthless.

Zen

NBA Gamepass would be best value? Or is it not available to UK?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I don't see how the Knicks could do a trade. I don't think they want to, either.

Nets might assemble some sort of package centered around Dlo Russel but I'm not sure they would really want to be making those moves now, either.

Clippers is the likeliest destination out of those, although I really doubt they give up both Harris and SGA which is what Minnesota fans seem to want.

I think there's a good chance Tibs just decides not to trade though. Or at least wait until December. Depends how bitchy KAT gets about it.

Butler didn't pick a great moment to do this though. The feck was he waiting for all summer.

Sarni

I don't see how the Knicks could do a trade. I don't think they want to, either.

Nets might assemble some sort of package centered around Dlo Russel but I'm not sure they would really want to be making those moves now, either.

Clippers is the likeliest destination out of those, although I really doubt they give up both Harris and SGA which is what Minnesota fans seem to want.

I think there's a good chance Tibs just decides not to trade though. Or at least wait until December. Depends how bitchy KAT gets about it.

Butler didn't pick a great moment to do this though. The feck was he waiting for all summer.
The added incentive for trading for him now is that you are able to give him higher raises and the fifth year because you acquire his Bird rights. That should be a pretty big deal for a 29-year old player next Summer.

I think when he moves it will be to a team that nobody expects right now. I have Denver and Washington as my destinations for him, for a package around Harris or Porter and picks.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
The added incentive for trading for him now is that you are able to give him higher raises and the fifth year because you acquire his Bird rights. That should be a pretty big deal for a 29-year old player next Summer.

I think when he moves it will be to a team that nobody expects right now. I have Denver and Washington as my destinations for him, for a package around Harris or Porter and picks.
I would not want us to trade Harris and Porter for Butler if he's going to leave for LA anyway.

Harris is underrated and if Porter can reach his early projected potential then who knows what level he can reach. We need to build around the core of the Joker, Murray, Harris, Lyles and Porter.

Sarni

I would not want us to trade Harris and Porter for Butler if he's going to leave for LA anyway.

Harris is underrated and if Porter can reach his early projected potential then who knows what level he can reach. We need to build around the core of the Joker, Murray, Harris, Lyles and Porter.
I meant the other Porter, Otto Porter from Washington. So that'd either be Harris plus pieces from Denver or Otto Porter plus pieces from Washigton.

I think if you get a year to convince Butler to stay then sending Harris the other way might be a good move. I rate Harris a lot, I think he's a borderline top 10 shooting guard in the league but Butler is a top 15 player in the entire league. Denver are desperate to make playoffs and Butler gives them a great chance.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I meant the other Porter, Otto Porter from Washington. So that'd either be Harris plus pieces from Denver or Otto Porter plus pieces from Washigton.

I think if you get a year to convince Butler to stay then sending Harris the other way might be a good move. I rate Harris a lot, I think he's a borderline top 10 shooting guard in the league but Butler is a top 15 player in the entire league. Denver are desperate to make playoffs and Butler gives them a great chance.
True Butler would improve our chances, but the pessimist in me thinks we would have no chance of keeping him... Though it would surely be fun to play alongside the Joker.

Our best chance IMO is to keep our young core and develop them.

Sarni

True Butler would improve our chances, but the pessimist in me thinks we would have no chance of keeping him... Though it would surely be fun to play alongside the Joker.

Our best chance IMO is to keep our young core and develop them.
I think this core at best gets a 6-8 seed and goes out in the first round to a better team but realistically in the next 1 or 2 seasons it does not get into playoffs at all. Warriors, Rockets, Thunder, Lakers, Jazz, Spurs are all clearly better and then you have Trail Blazers, Pelicans are as good if not better. Going forward Suns, Mavericks and Clippers have as a good or better outlook for various reasons.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Lakers too with LBJ there, it's going to be a very contested season out West. But we have one of the next few C's in the game and he's a different beast to other typical C's in the league. He's special and hopefully can deliver us to the playoffs.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
DeRozan at 39 just behind Otto fecking Porter is absurd. Even more so when he was 39 this time last year and he just had the best season of his career. Feck all explanation for it in there, as well.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
DeRozan at 39 just behind Otto fecking Porter is absurd. Even more so when he was 39 this time last year and he just had the best season of his career. Feck all explanation for it in there, as well.
These lists are always poison

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's a well organized franchise.:lol:

Sarni

"I'm a fun guy" during his conference was the single funniest thing I've heard in a while.

Meller

I watched Lakers last season at SC, seats were not too bad (at least I could easily recognise the players :lol:), I sat at top mid section, got tickets for ~$40ea from vividseats if I remember correctly.
Sorry for the late reply. How much did Vividseats charge in extras? All of those sites seem to do that unfortunately, which makes it kinda difficult to know the actual price.

I will definitely go to a game, but at the same time I kind of want to actually see the game, but the top seats were fine? Anyone been to Oracle?

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
The memes of the laugh are hilarious.

Sarni

The biggest takeaway from first preseason games is that Fultz is still an excellent athlete with great vision and still absolutely terrified of shooting the ball. Sixers are literally his shot away from becoming challengers but looking at Simmons (I know it was ‘only Melbourne’ but Thunder struggled against the same team last year) they are going to be even more fun to watch this year. The most exciting team in the NBA for me.

JoaquinJoaquin

The biggest takeaway from first preseason games is that Fultz is still an excellent athlete with great vision and still absolutely terrified of shooting the ball. Sixers are literally his shot away from becoming challengers but looking at Simmons (I know it was ‘only Melbourne’ but Thunder struggled against the same team last year) they are going to be even more fun to watch this year. The most exciting team in the NBA for me.
See I think the 76ers might of gone backwards by losing most of their supporting cast. They will be good when Embiid and Simmons are on the court, but now often will that be?

Kearnkoff69

This guy.
Every time he opens his mouth I dislike him even more. I really don't think he understands that people don't like him in large part because he's one of the greatest athletes in the world, playing for the best team in his sport, and he's still petty enough to moan incessantly about how people don't like him. Take a page out of Ronaldo's book, man. Just shut up, play your game, and let your statistics and championships speak for themselves.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Every time he opens his mouth I dislike him even more. I really don't think he understands that people don't like him in large part because he's one of the greatest athletes in the world, playing for the best team in his sport, and he's still petty enough to moan incessantly about how people don't like him. Take a page out of Ronaldo's book, man. Just shut up, play your game, and let your statistics and championships speak for themselves.
I used to like KD when he was with OKC, but even as a Dubs fan I've got to admit he has become a bit of a dick.

Kearnkoff69

I used to like KD when he was with OKC, but even as a Dubs fan I've got to admit he has become a bit of a dick.
Yeah, I was a huge KD fan when he was a SuperSonic (and then even though I was/still am salty as hell about the team getting moved to OKC, I still rooted for him to do well). He's just gotten so petty and whiney, I wish he'd stop moaning and just play ball. He's a lot of fun to watch, but it gets harder and harder to appreciate when it's overlaid on top of this background of noise that he creates for himself off-court.

Sarni

See I think the 76ers might of gone backwards by losing most of their supporting cast. They will be good when Embiid and Simmons are on the court, but now often will that be?
Belinelli and Ilyasova were huge for them after joining in January but they did not have either for the first half of season either. They got Wilson Chandler who will be a great option off the bench, they wanted to replace Ilyasova with Bjelica but he went back on his word in the end and signed with Sacramento which was weird, so they got Muscala to perform similar role. They did not really lose anyone else, did they? Richaun Holmes but he hardly played last year and they will still use Amir Johnson in that role.

So it's basically Simmons/Redick/Convington/Saric/Embiid with McConnell, Fultz, Chandler, Muscala and Johnson coming off the bench. I think they are also hoping that Bolden and Shamet could give them some minutes and maybe Zhaire Smith will already play some games this year.

It's also not unthinkable that they will bring players in the same way they brought Belinelli and Ilyasova last year. One team that will surely tank after the turn of year are Orlando - maybe Jonathan Simmons or Vucevic could do the job for Sixers towards the end of season.

Sarni

Fultz is making jumpers and threes again. Trust the process!

Last edited:

Skåre Willoch

Finally bought tickets to Knicks @ Celtics in december! Can't wait. It'll be my first time in the US, and of course my first game.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
No one takes it seriously by the year end and then I win.
Yes!

Never played it, where is it available? Is there an iPhone app?
It's usually a rotisserie scoring system people use (google it), but I'm more interested in a points-based H2H league mirroring fantasy football. When I've hashed out the idea I'll make a thread.

Meller

Finally bought tickets to Knicks @ Celtics in december! Can't wait. It'll be my first time in the US, and of course my first game.
Which site did you use? How much were the tickets? What kind of seats?

Oh and have fun.