NBA 2019-2020

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
On an other note, Caruso has been absolutely brilliant.
Brilliant defender, the amount of offensive plays he blows up is crazy. Our best perimeter defender in the bubble

Going into the final minutes i was sure we were gonna lose because Joker is absolutely petrifying in the crunch. It's like he flips a switch and just stops missing. That last possession when he trucked AD??? He's ridiculous

AD is more ridiculous though :drool: :drool: :drool:

Big shout out to Plumlee for calling for a switch instead of sticking to his assignment

As for Kobe, i'm only gonna speak for players i've seen so: MJ, LeBron, Duncan, Shaq, KD, better than Kobe. Over the last 30 years, i'd put him 6th

Revan

Assumptionman
Question: IF Lebron wins the lakers the championship, would that cement his place as a GOAT? Surpassing kobe? Jordan? 4 Championships with 3 different teams is impressive. And i never was a fan of his.
He has surpassed Kobe long ago. And IMO, he is already the second best ever.

Surpassing Jordan? Dunno. But not impossible.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Shaq, Bird, Robertson, Olajuwon, Wilt, Duncan... could have a good argument for all of them, really.
Thanks for mentioning Duncan. If I got to pick one player from the 90's to start a franchise with, I'd probably pick the Big Fundamental.
I think Durant, as an individual player, should be ranked ahead of him as well. True, he had to go to GS to win his rings, but I don't care for rings that much anyway and if the Space Jam Aliens attacked and I needed a guy that gives me 30 efficient points, no questions asked, I'd pick Durant ahead of Bryant any day.

Zen

Forget LeBron for a moment - AD is finally starting his legacy here.

Zen

I don't think AD's the secondary star. Theres never been a 1-1 like it.... and I'm leaning towards AD being the key man now(he's been better in the playoffs) and LeBron being fine with it as if it finished right now - he'd still win MVP basically on popularity and past history - he definitely should have had a finals MVP as a loser.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
If this trend of the playoffs continues and the Lakers win it all, AD should be Finals MVP.

Eddy_JukeZ

If this trend of the playoffs continues and the Lakers win it all, AD should be Finals MVP.
He's been the best player in the playoffs thus far.

An unreal player.

His FG% from the mid-range during the playoffs is near 60% last I saw. That's just bonkers. Wonder how MJ and Dirk's best runs compared from the mid-range specifically.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's true that AD has been the best player in the playoffs, but i think there's also something of a KD-on-the-warriors effect. AD is amazing and playing amazing bball, but playing with LeBron is helping massively on that

Re: LeBron winning finals MVP as a loser. It's easier to count the finals in which he shouldn't have won MVP - 2007, 2011 and 2017. The last one because KD was insanely on those warriors(LBJ average a 30 points triple double and still KD was better...). Maybe 2018 on the basis that they got sweep - but he was still quite clearly the best player in the series. It just didn't matter at all. It might have, had JR Smith not forgotten the score at the end of game 1...

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Looks like Billy Donovan's heading out to Chicago.

This is a good hire for the Bulls. I can see their young team faring better under him.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
8 point game with 7 and a half minutes to go. Still denvers to lose but lakers d has stepped it up in the 4th.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
I like how Denver just won’t go away. Big dilemma now for Lakers in game 4. Do you lose on purpose to go 2-2 and start from scratch, or risk going 3-1 up against Nuggets which they are almost guaranteed to come back from and win 4-3.

ZDwyr

I know it's been said a lot already but I also just want to add that it's so great to finally have a season where the playoffs actually matter and you aren't depending on multiple All-Stars to get injured to in order to think that the Warriors could lose.

feck KD.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I like how Denver just won’t go away. Big dilemma now for Lakers in game 4. Do you lose on purpose to go 2-2 and start from scratch, or risk going 3-1 up against Nuggets which they are almost guaranteed to come back from and win 4-3.
:lol:

freeurmind

weak willed
:lol: :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We'll go 2-2 then LeBron hits the afterburners and we close them out in 6

Nuggets won't go away though, for a long time. Joker and Murray will make them perennial contenders going forward

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Game 4 is crucial now. LeBron is 156945-0 in close-out games in the playoffs. Can't afford to be back to square one after going up 2-0.

Last edited:

Skåre Willoch

Celtics with some much needed rest should really equalize this series tonight. Jaylen Brown show incoming.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
This heat team....damn. Felt like a dangerous outsider all year long, but 3-1 up on the celtics in the ECF with a 20 year old rookie dropping 37 in game 4...incredible stuff

Seems like their vaunted culture isn't just empty words

Scarecrow

Having a week off
The Celtics were literally a coin flip away from selecting Herro in the draft, as well.