NBA 2019-2020

Fracture90

Lakers present the case to the NBA for LeBron to get more free throws. The NBA; "ask and you shall receive".

I don't watch the other popular sports in usa, but are the refs as crocked as they are in basketball?

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
How come no one complained about the refs when jokic got away with 3 offensive fouls in the first quarter the other day. The salt when it comes to the lakers is quite delightful. Weep away peasants, we will be back on our throne soon.

Fracture90

How come no one complained about the refs when jokic got away with 3 offensive fouls in the first quarter the other day. The salt when it comes to the lakers is quite delightful. Weep away peasants, we will be back on our throne soon.
Could be because he was absolutely mauled by Howard in the game one with no calls, but every time he got close to Howard he got called for some non existent fouls.

People dislike Lakers because their fanbase is toxic they're acting like a bunch of entitled brats.

Sheer fact they had to write to the league to get more FT's in order to get past the Nuggets of all teams, says it all.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Because most people are rooting for nuggets. But the refs are very inconsistent in general and they give everyone a reason to believe whatever they want. Jokic was pretty ass tonight, gave stupid fouls. Lebron was pretty bad on offense as well but you have to give him for his effort and defense in the 4th. AD while being amazing offensively goes invisible at times. I find his defense overrated to be honest. Lebron is better defensively when it comes to playoffs.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Could be because he was absolutely mauled by Howard in the game one with no calls, but every time he got close to Howard he got called for some non existent fouls.

People dislike Lakers because their fanbase is toxic they're acting like a bunch of entitled brats.

Sheer fact they had to write to the league to get more FT's in order to get past the Nuggets of all teams, says it all.
:drool: :drool: :drool: We cheated to win all our titles don't you know.

the nuggets are arguably the second best team in the league :confused:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Which ones were bad calls exactly? Really, do enlighten me

Anyways, they got us right were they wanted :(

PS: Murray has turned into peak Steph in these playoffs :houllier: luckily for us Joker wasn't at the races tonight and we won anyways. Or maybe not. They're now 3-1 down, where they're most comfortable...galaxy brain play by Joker?

Fracture90

:drool: :drool: :drool: We cheated to win all our titles don't you know.

the nuggets are arguably the second best team in the league :confused:
What an utterly dumb and unnecessary thing to even bring up.

You said it yourself, arguably but i don't think they are. Heat, Rockets and even the Clippers are better.

Which ones were bad calls exactly? Really, do enlighten me

Anyways, they got us right were they wanted :(

PS: Murray has turned into peak Steph in these playoffs :houllier: luckily for us Joker wasn't at the races tonight and we won anyways. Or maybe not. They're now 3-1 down, where they're most comfortable...galaxy brain play by Joker?
Sure thing, here are some of the bad calls and non calls.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

I'd say, definitely on here, Lakers fan are very reasonable and only react to all the saltiness by all other NBA fans. Very much the "they hate us and we don't care" attitude Utd fans used to brag about. Refereeing in general has been wildly inconsistent this year and especially in the bubble, I don't see many people complaining about one particular team, except for when the Lakers are winning.

You said it yourself, arguably but i don't think they are. Heat, Rockets and even the Clippers are better.
Ha, that's a good one. You mean, like that one Clippers team, that, I dunno, choked against them and, erm, lost three in a row against Denver just one or two weeks ago?

Yeah, they're not a better team than the Nuggets at all right now. Rockets neither, they hardly put up a fight against us compared to Denver.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Aight yeah, seeing those angles the two fouls on Jokic are bad calls. The other two not so much

Also whoever said the Rockets and Clippers are better than the Nuggets :houllier:

Kearnkoff69

The refereeing has been garbage all playoffs, going both ways. Every team feels like they get slighted more, but I would never say that any one team has been favored by the refs. Ultimately, despite some iffy calls, the difference between this game and the last was (a) Lakers role players not shooting 23% from 3pt range, and (b) Denver destroyed LA on the boards last time out but lost the rebounding battle by 12, which led to a ton of Lakers second chance points. The number of FTs taken for both teams is almost dead even over the course of the series.

Fracture90

I'd say, definitely on here, Lakers fan are very reasonable and only react to all the saltiness by all other NBA fans. Very much the "they hate us and we don't care" attitude Utd fans used to brag about. Refereeing in general has been wildly inconsistent this year and especially in the bubble, I don't see many people complaining about one particular team, except for when the Lakers are winning.

Ha, that's a good one. You mean, like that one Clippers team, that, I dunno, choked against them and, erm, lost three in a row against Denver just one or two weeks ago?

Yeah, they're not a better team than the Nuggets at all right now. Rockets neither, they hardly put up a fight against us compared to Denver.
Do not make a mistake of dismissing rockets on the basis of them being beat by LAL. There's a reason as to why Nuggets did all in their might to avoid playing them.

Also for Clippers, just because they got complacent after going 3-1 up and getting 15+ lead in each game after that bar the last one, don't think they're not the better team.

Aight yeah, seeing those angles the two fouls on Jokic are bad calls. The other two not so much

Also whoever said the Rockets and Clippers are better than the Nuggets :houllier:
Are you actually going to try to slip that maul job by LeBron on Murray as a clear play? He bodied Murray on the go and he slapped him on the hand upon release ffs.

He also stepped into shooters space on that 3 pointer from Jokic, which is an obvious foul.

Rockets and Clippers? :houllier:
Read above.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Do not make a mistake of dismissing rockets on the basis of them being beat by LAL. There's a reason as to why Nuggets did all in their might to avoid playing them.

Also for Clippers, just because they got complacent after going 3-1 up and getting 15+ lead in each game after that bar the last one, don't think they're not the better team.
I'm done reading that about the Clippers. You can get away with not performing in the regular season if you get it together in the playoffs when it actually matters. They didn't.

I don't wanna read anything about being complacent, not playing to their potential, having the deepest squad or the most talented roster. It's very, very simple: they were not good enough, didn't play good enough, didn't play well when it mattered most and got shown up by a more hungry and more efficient team after almost getting beat by a 21-year old sophomore on his own in the first round as well.

They're all hype and nothing more. To suggest that they are a better team than the Nuggets just shows that you believe in that hype without any evidence to show for it.

Feck the Clippers.

Fracture90

I'm done reading that about the Clippers. You can get away with not performing in the regular season if you get it together in the playoffs when it actually matters. They didn't.

I don't wanna read anything about being complacent, not playing to their potential, having the deepest squad or the most talented roster. It's very, very simple: they were not good enough, didn't play good enough, didn't play well when it mattered most and got shown up by a more hungry and more efficient team after almost getting beat by a 21-year old sophomore on his own in the first round as well.

They're all hype and nothing more. To suggest that they are a better team than the Nuggets just shows that you believe in that hype without any evidence to show for it.

Feck the Clippers.
I mean I'm really not twisting your arm and stuffing your face on your phone/monitor to make you read.

Like it or not, bubble is an exception, some teams adapted better and quicker, some didn't. I truly believe that in a normal circumstances Clippers are a better team than the Nuggets.

On the other hand, you being a Lakers fan, i understand your unwillingness to give them their due.

Also Luka is a generational talent, it doesn't matter he's a 21 rookie, when he's putting out all time great numbers.

Moby

Dick
Read above.
What do you mean complacent? They were garbage the entire playoffs and should have gone out against the Mavs and needed a bogus ejection to KP and still got their asses handed out to them by a 2nd year guy playing on one leg. Kawhi was the only one who was able to step up when needed in that series, the rest of the roster couldn't do shit.

And then the most embarrassing series loss in the history of the NBA against Nuggets. People spent the whole season already crowning them as champs and kept dismissing those who were saying that they only have the names on paper and haven't actually played together enough to look like a title winning team and they won't magically become one come playoffs. Their so called bench depth didn't do shit entire post-season. One of their two stars is now called Wayoff P who is a garbage player. Shat the bed at OKC and got away with it and now showed his lack of quality at Clippers.

It's funny that Lakers who were termed as a two man team the whole time has people off the bench actually contributing and making telling impact while the Clippers were reduced to Kawhi or bust.

Not sure how people are still hyping them up, theyve been the choke central of the league for years and have never done anything to suggest they have moved past that. Half a fecking century without a conference finals but yeah they are somehow better than the team who beat their asses over and over again and had Jokic literally doing whatever in the world he wanted to them with no answer.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
On the other hand, you being a Lakers fan, i understand your unwillingness to give them their due.
Which due? That they completely choked when it mattered? I give them their due, which is just that...

What do you mean complacent? They were garbage the entire playoffs and should have gone out against the Mavs and needed a bogus ejection to KP and still got their asses handed out to them by a 2nd year guy playing on one leg. Kawhi was the only one who was able to step up when needed in that series, the rest of the roster couldn't do shit.

And then the most embarrassing series loss in the history of the NBA against Nuggets. People spent the whole season already crowning them as champs and kept dismissing those who were saying that they only have the names on paper and haven't actually played together enough to look like a title winning team and they won't magically become one come playoffs. Their so called bench depth didn't do shit entire post-season. One of their two stars is now called Wayoff P who is a garbage player. Shat the bed at OKC and got away with it and now showed his lack of quality at Clippers.

It's funny that Lakers who were termed as a two man team the whole time has people off the bench actually contributing and making telling impact while the Clippers were reduced to Kawhi or bust.

Not sure how people are still hyping them up, theyve been the choke central of the league for years and have never done anything to suggest they have moved past that. Half a fecking century without a conference finals but yeah they are somehow better than the team who beat their asses over and over again and had Jokic literally doing whatever in the world he wanted to them with no answer.
Amen.

Zen

LeBron > Kawhi, AD >>>>> PG. Supporting cast the Clips had the edge, but it's a superstar sport, not a team one really, despite Heat, Celtics and Nuggets doing all to prove otherwise this year. They we're only evenly favoured due to Kawhi's ridiculousness last year really. Last year also being the reason the Lakers were underfavoured(they would had a playoff run if LeBron was fit all year) - they were and have been the faves throughout in reality.

Not even sure I consider it the worse loss in my memory - forget ever. Mavs(TWICE!) own that, 2006+07. They should of been 3-0 up in that finals. Undoubtably bad though.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
LeBron > Kawhi, AD >>>>> PG. Supporting cast the Clips had the edge, but it's a superstar sport, not a team one really, despite Heat, Celtics and Nuggets doing all to prove otherwise this year. They we're only evenly favoured due to Kawhi's ridiculousness last year really. Last year also being the reason the Lakers were underfavoured(they would had a playoff run if LeBron was fit all year) - they were and have been the faves throughout in reality.
Nah, that’s just rewriting history now in hindsight. Even going to this thread goes to show that the Clippers (and Bucks) were favorites in front of the Lakers. I’m not sure but I think Vegas had it like that too during the season.

The Lakers were not the big favorites to win it all going into the bubble. Not at all.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Damn this Heat team is very very good. Think the Lakers will struggle even if they get to the finals. I do understand Lakers are so much better defensively than the Celtics but the Heat are too deep and have shooters.

Zen

Nah, that’s just rewriting history now in hindsight. Even going to this thread goes to show that the Clippers (and Bucks) were favorites in front of the Lakers. I’m not sure but I think Vegas had it like that too during the season.

The Lakers were not the big favorites to win it all going into the bubble. Not at all.
Well I covered that - but I meant heavily from my PoV.... the odds were swayed by last year. They were mostly 3 joint faves oddswise from the day the teams were set... with Bucks mostly third. All at or around 3/1. I also wouldn’t say I thought any were “big” faves either but with 3 vaguely equal teams, in NBA ... talent usually wins out as opposed to the deeper supporting cast.

Fracture90

They got caught in their own hype, instead of dispatching the Nuggets they became complacent thinking past the Nuggets, which ultimately led to their downfall. If anything Rivers chocked with his unwillingness to make a change down the line when Nuggets were crawling back up.

As i said before, bubble is an exception, there are a lot of factors and some players/teams adapted better, some did not. I stand by my words.

Also what does Clippers not making a conference finals in 50 years has anything to do with this year's bubble? :houllier:

Which due? That they completely choked when it mattered? I give them their due, which is just that...
Wouldn't say they choked 'per se', they could have dispatched the Nuggets in any of the games following their 3-1 lead, bar the last game. But they made a mistake overlooking the Nuggets.

Fracture90

Damn this Heat team is very very good. Think the Lakers will struggle even if they get to the finals. I do understand Lakers are so much better defensively than the Celtics but the Heat are too deep and have shooters.
No worries mate, Karen LeBron is going to write to the league to get more FT's.

H10

Huseyin 10
How comes Kanter doesn't get many minutes for the Celtics? In the limited time whenever I check the box score, he always has a good points and rebounds ratio to his minutes. Is his defence just that bad or he just can't keep up fitness wise so is not deemed worthy to play too much?

Fracture90

How comes Kanter doesn't get many minutes for the Celtics? In the limited time whenever I check the box score, he always has a good points and rebounds ratio to his minutes. Is his defence just that bad or he just can't keep up fitness wise so is not deemed worthy to play too much?
He can't defend for the life of him.

Nani Nana

Supports
Whoever won the game
Lakers in the front seat, hard to see Nuggets come back from 1-3 again. Lebron's record in close-out games is stunning.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Lakers in the front seat, hard to see Nuggets come back from 1-3 again. Lebron's record in close-out games is stunning.
31-5 since 2009 and 36-10 overall according to Reddit.

Don't think the Nuggets have it in them to come back once again, Lakers will close it out in 5 or 6. Hopefully the ECF goes to Game 7 and we get Lakers vs Celtics.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I find it stranger that LeBron only got 10 FTs I'm the first 3 games combined than him getting 14 the other night. The truth is it should be somewhere in the middle for the amount he drives to the hole.

ZDwyr

Davis is very, very soft. Can see why he doesn't want to play centre. Doesn't have the toughness.