NBA 2019-2020

R.E.D.

I literally specifically cited the exact game events of a conference finals game where Bron did exactly what you'd expect from a bad Westbrook show but you can't seem to move past the best player in the world nothing else matters stuff. Watch what's actually happening in the matches Lakers have played.
The next game AD had 2 rebounds. And the game after that he had 0 rebounds in the first half if I'm not mistaken and I know he had 1 or 2 key offensive rebounds at the end but that's not enough.

I watched what happened. I saw LeBron had 38, 16 and 10 in the closeout game, I saw him having a great performance in game 4 with 0 turnovers and stopped the Nuggets momentum. I saw him guarding Murray when it mattered in that game. And yes he had one or two bad games but when it mattered the most he was the man. That's it. Get back to me when Westbrook does that.

Moby

Dick
but when it mattered the most he was the man.
So the games he was stinking up dont matter now despite knowing it would be a 2-1 Denver lead in a conference finals and Lakers could well have gone out on the back of that. Sure.

As for the rest no one's said ad has been carrying the team or Bron or anything just like Bron being there hasn't been an automatic fairy tale ride for AD and he's been an equal at least if not the better laker these playoffs. And has at times have to heavily compensate for brons shit show especially when AD should never be the primary offensive option on any team. He ended up hitting a buzzer beater a shot he shouldn't ever be even taking especially from beyond the arc. Lakers are damn lucky that AD has actually been as great as he's been on the offense when he's a better defender than he's a scorer. If he had not been playing at this level and giving Lakers those constant scoring sprees every time they needed one they wouldn't be where they are and they need to fix that if they wish to contend again especially with Bron no longer being willing to drive to the rim on every possession. AD is a player in Tim duncan mould who's a great defender and a good but not a nuclear scorer. Ideally there should be a score heavy pg playing with him who can use him on pnrs but also take over scoring especially in dying moments without having to rely on AD to do that. I've no idea whatever luxury you think he's had is coming from when he's actually had to do the job others are supposed to be doing.

R.E.D.

So the games he was stinking up dont matter now despite knowing it would be a 2-1 Denver lead in a conference finals and Lakers could well have gone out on the back of that. Sure.

As for the rest no one's said ad has been carrying the team or Bron or anything just like Bron being there hasn't been an automatic fairy tale ride for AD and he's been an equal at least if not the better laker these playoffs. And has at times have to heavily compensate for brons shit show especially when AD should never be the primary offensive option on any team. He ended up hitting a buzzer beater a shot he shouldn't ever be even taking especially from beyond the arc. Lakers are damn lucky that AD has actually been as great as he's been on the offense when he's a better defender than he's a scorer. If he had not been playing at this level and giving Lakers those constant scoring sprees every time they needed one they wouldn't be where they are and they need to fix that if they wish to contend again especially with Bron no longer being willing to drive to the rim on every possession. AD is a player in Tim duncan mould who's a great defender and a good but not a nuclear scorer. Ideally there should be a score heavy pg playing with him who can use him on pnrs but also take over scoring especially in dying moments without having to rely on AD to do that. I've no idea whatever luxury you think he's had is coming from when he's actually had to do the job others are supposed to be doing.
First of all the conversation was about comparing AD to Harden and who's better. You can say AD and I wouldn't mind it. But There's a luxury in playing with LeBron that AD has and it has helped him have a great playoff run which Harden didn't have. I never said he's having a free ride and believe it or not when I say he might win FMVP over LeBron that means he might actually play better than him in the finals. And he has been better than him in some games there's no denying that.

Second, he was bad in 1 game or 2 but you can't say Denver would be up 2-1 because the Lakers would go in that game with a completely different mentality if it was 1-1 rather than them being up 2-0. Completely different situations.

And I don't want to debate that much on it but AD is one of the best players in world. He's supposed to make shots for them, It's his job. His and LeBron's. He's not doing other's people job for them.

And as for the 3 point shot, AD shot above 50 percent from the 3 in that series if I'm not mistaken. He is a great 3 point shooter and there is nothing wrong with choosing him to make the last shot. That's how great I think he is and I just leave it to that.

Moby

Dick
And I don't want to debate that much on it but AD is one of the best players in world. He's supposed to make shots for them, It's his job.
What. :lol: what does one have to do with another. This sounds like another basketball = scoring fan opinion. Do you understand what roles different players need to have in a team depending in their skillsets. Bron was by far the best player in the world in 2016 but he would never be asked to take that final dagger vs dubs with kyrie on the pitch who's a better shooter same way there's no way ad should be taking a closing shot in a game with Bron out there. Heck the coach even drew the entire play for Bron and it was passed to ad literally on the spot by rondo and it happened to work. AD literally bricked it in the same situation earlier this season and anyone who thinks he should be taking that shot ahead of Bron doesn't know what kinda player ad is. That play would fail more often than not if it's ran over and over again. Shooting threes in the game isn't the same as take the final shot with the game on the line in a conference finals and AD himself was not even gonna stretch back to the 3 before the play. Like I said ad in the long term needs to team up with a primary scorer. Bron is no longer that and he'd only take less pressure of scoring as he ages. Any team that has ad as their primary scorer let alone the final closer haven't done a great job in building a team to get the best out of him.

the Lakers would go in that game with a completely different mentality if it was 1-1 rather than them being up 2-0. Completely different situations.
Didn't know skip Bayless posted on the caf.

Moby

Dick
Yeah because Skip is known for praising LeBron. I'm the Skip here. I'm done.
He's definitely known for mindless bollocks like how teams go in harder and want to win a game more in certain situations as compared to other we are talking about the fecking conference finals here anyone who thinks Lakers didn't go out there to win every single bit as they could have hoped for then yes they are definitely skip.

As for Bron like I said I love the guy and am literally waiting for him to get this ring and one day snatch that goat title from MJ but that doesn't mean we just automatically start downplaying his teammates with our eyes closed on what actually happened and when in reality they've bailed him out at the most crucial stage of the season so far which literally happened in the series that just finished.

ZDwyr

Davis gets overrated now because he is 1) playing for the Lakers and 2) playing with LeBron (who makes almost everyone look better than they are). He was not a top 5 player, consistently at least, as the main man on the Pelicans.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Davis gets overrated now because he is 1) playing for the Lakers and 2) playing with LeBron (who makes almost everyone look better than they are). He was not a top 5 player, consistently at least, as the main man on the Pelicans.
You must be the only one who calls Anthony Davis overrated!

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
30 point shift in that half. From trailing by 13 to leading by 17. Jimmy Butler might be in trouble. That ankle twist looked pretty bad.

ZDwyr

You must be the only one who calls Anthony Davis overrated!
I think I rate him fairly. It is hard at the moment because Curry and Durant have both been out injured. That probably allows him to move into the top 5. He's definitely a top 10 player, I am just not certain he is top 5.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We still need to figure out how to close out blow outs without needing LeBron and AD to play almost all the 4th :lol:

Big win. If we shoot like that from 3 this is a sweep

And if Dragic and Bam and possibly Jimmy are seriously hurt, this is over. Would be unfair and heartbreaking for them honestly, i hope they're allright

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Yeah, this could potentially be a blowout with those injuries. Didn't think Heat had much chance of an upset anyway, but competitive series would be nice.

Props to Lakers though, am not the biggest fan, but they just look like they are level above everyone else. Not just this game, the whole playoffs.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Dragic had a turn plantar fascia and they need Bam at 120%. If his shoulder affects him even slightly they're in big trouble.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Dragic's injury is a torn plantar fascia. Fairly serious injury, we'll see if he can even play again this series

Herro and Nunn need to step up now. Nunn was great in garbage time for whatever matters

RooneyLegend

Bam can't play like that or this series is long done. Doubt his injury is that serious, he was probably just tired of being out there. If those injuries arent serious the heat have a chance. They just need to stop overreacting when LeBron has the ball. They've got great individual defenders, no need to collapse on him every time he touches the rock. His primary defender might also have to fight through screens.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Even having Dragic alone gone for the series probably removes any small chance Miami may have had.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I hope all of them will be alright. Jimmy and Bam probably will continue to play but Dragic' injury sounds fairly serious and he left the arena in a walking boot.

We can beat them fair and square, don't want any other excuses of players being injured.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Even having Dragic alone gone for the series probably removes any small chance Miami may have had.
Yep, I agree.... if Dragic don't plays I can not see the Heat winning a single game.
Quite bad since last year's final was also decided by injuries.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yep, I agree.... if Dragic don't plays I can not see the Heat winning a single game.
Quite bad since last year's final was also decided by injuries.
It’s a small margin game at this level. It’s 5v5 with virtually 2 meaningful players maybe coming off the bench in the Finals, opposite to regular season where you may have 5-6 bench players getting meaningful minutes.

Dragic over Nunn at this level swings you about 6-10 points I guess with superior defense (which Nunn plays none of), better playmaking and experience. That’s a lot. Just about the only player they could lose from their starting lineup and still do fine is Crowder, getting replaced by Iguodala. Robinson despite no points last night is too important for them too, as not only can he score 6-8 on threes on any given night but he also allows you to have Herro coming off bench.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I hope all of them will be alright. Jimmy and Bam probably will continue to play but Dragic' injury sounds fairly serious and he left the arena in a walking boot.

We can beat them fair and square, don't want any other excuses of players being injured.
When Dragic was injured the score was 39 33 to LA wasn't it? No one can say what would've happened had he not been injured

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
When Dragic was injured the score was 39 33 to LA wasn't it? No one can say what would've happened had he not been injured
Well of course not. I just think we would beat them on full strength too so I want them fully healthy.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Well of course not. I just think we would beat them on full strength too so I want them fully healthy.
Yea I can understand that, I personally thought Heat would win this series (because I hate LeBron fans :D) but I can understand fans wanting a full strength Heat to beat so people don't take any credit away

ZDwyr

Really? I'd have preferred D'Antoni if I was Philly. I don't rate Doc at all. Also seems strange to hire a guy (for 5 years!) to come in and fix a lockeroom with chemistry issues when he has had chemistry issues of his own on past teams.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Really? I'd have preferred D'Antoni if I was Philly. I don't rate Doc at all. Also seems strange to hire a guy (for 5 years!) to come in and fix a lockeroom with chemistry issues when he has had chemistry issues of his own on past teams.
My comment was based on Philly's current squad composition. If they had retained their shooters, then D'Antoni would have been a much better candidate. At the moment, however, Rivers would get way more out of players like Embiid and Simmons, both of whom are better closer to the basket.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Anthony Davis is inevitable

We close it out in 5