NBA 2019-2020

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
makes sense. you're basically just paying for all last year's games on demand.

thought it was too good to be true!

hope you didn't buy it @maniak
Makes sense, glad I didn't pay it yet then.

So when will we get the actual price? Only in October?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
how do I do it, do I need to download the NBA App first?
Yes, and buy the first subscription via app - trial is free. Then go into subscription section of App Store and check.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Boogie torn his ACL.

He was a big reason I was so confident about us this season.

Sarni

Guy basically lost 150 million due to bad luck.
Yeah but he at least earned nearly $100million during his career. Isaiah Thomas has barely gone over $30million while having one season where he finished top 5 in the MVP voting.

Then again Cousins was a high lottery pick while IT was the last pick of the second round.

Then again a dud like Biyombo got over $70million in one deal just because he had a few rebounds just before the most ridiculous free agency in history where everyone had money.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Is the Knicks team exciting to watch? Thinking of getting the league pass this season.

ZDwyr

I haven't heard/read that. If it is something the Knicks said then I would take it with a grain of salt. If they legitimately didn't get Durant because they tried to be too cheap then that's insane. The reality, I think, is that Durant is easily led and once his friend (Kyrie) decided on Brooklyn he convinced KD to go there.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat

ZDwyr

I'd say they just released that after he rejected them. Who knows though.

Sarni

So Howard is going to replace Cousins. Not sure about it, he has been a distraction everywhere he went recently and also I don’t think he is that great these days anyway. Then again there’s not really that much choice out there in the center market. Beyond Howard you are looking at duds like Gortat, Zeller etc. Faried is basically a center these days though and a better player than Howard. Noah has apparently been doing well in the workouts too.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
So Howard is going to replace Cousins. Not sure about it, he has been a distraction everywhere he went recently and also I don’t think he is that great these days anyway. Then again there’s not really that much choice out there in the center market. Beyond Howard you are looking at duds like Gortat, Zeller etc. Faried is basically a center these days though and a better player than Howard. Noah has apparently been doing well in the workouts too.
Yeah Howard is done.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Just seen the predictions for the Western Conference season in terms of W/L. Warriors seem too low for me
It's so hard to place them all, there are so many strong teams now that all have arguments for being placed in the top four.

I imagine that the Clippers and Lakers will finish in the top two seeds (or are essentially certainties to finish in the top four at least), but after that it becomes a raffle.

Rockets - added Westbrook, on paper that are awesome. Can they find the right chemistry though?

Nuggets - deservedly finished second seed last season. Best young team in the league currently with a superstar centre in the Joker. But can they repeat that effort, will they continue to improve like they have over the last three seasons, or will they drop back to that pack?

Blazers - you just know what you're going to get from Dame$ (probably the second most underappreciated star in the league) and CJ. And with the return of the Nurk and the addition of Whiteside they have a powerful line-up. Is Whiteside the motivated pre-contract version of the version that coasted once he got paid?

Utah Jazz - had a tremendous off season with adding probably the most underappreciated player in the league, in Conley Jr. He's the perfect foil for Mitchell. They have a great starting 5 that should be extremely strong defensively. I personally expect they will finish in the top four seeds.

GSW - how can you write off Curry and co.? When Thompson is back fit they will still have the core of one of the GOAT sides ever seen. Can Russell fit in to their system? Can he cover in-part the gap left by Thompson until his return?

And then the best of the rest, who should round it out:

Spurs - will always be competitive.

Pelicans - great young list on paper, can they jell immediately and cause some upsets?

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Lakers aren't going to be top 2 seeds if they want LeBron and AD to stay healthy for the playoffs.

Their roster is terrible without LeBron.

elmo

It's so hard to place them all, there are so many strong teams now that all have arguments for being placed in the top four.

I imagine that the Clippers and Lakers will finish in the top two seeds (or are essentially certainties to finish in the top four at least), but after that it becomes a raffle.

Rockets - added Westbrook, on paper that are awesome. Can they find the right chemistry though?

Nuggets - deservedly finished second seed last season. Best young team in the league currently with a superstar centre in the Joker. But can they repeat that effort, will they continue to improve like they have over the last three seasons, or will they drop back to that pack?

Blazers - you just know what you're going to get from Dame$ (probably the second most underappreciated star in the league) and CJ. And with the return of the Nurk and the addition of Whiteside they have a powerful line-up. Is Whiteside the motivated pre-contract version of the version that coasted once he got paid?

Utah Jazz - had a tremendous off season with adding probably the most underappreciated player in the league, in Conley Jr. He's the perfect foil for Mitchell. They have a great starting 5 that should be extremely strong defensively. I personally expect they will finish in the top four seeds.

GSW - how can you write off Curry and co.? When Thompson is back fit they will still have the core of one of the GOAT sides ever seen. Can Russell fit in to their system? Can he cover in-part the gap left by Thompson until his return?

And then the best of the rest, who should round it out:

Spurs - will always be competitive.

Pelicans - great young list on paper, can they jell immediately and cause some upsets?
You left out the Kings, they should be finishing ahead of the Pelicans.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
West will be a bloodbath. Lakers and Clippers are favorites, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else takes the best record during regular season. Lebron and Kawhi minutes will be managed to hit the full speed come playoffs, so someone young and hungry like Nuggets could take advantage.

First 8 teams could be separated by 6-7 games imo.

You left out the Kings, they should be finishing ahead of the Pelicans.
Mavericks with Doncic and healthy Porzingis might be close too. Do think both them and Pelicans will end up short as they are not quite ready yet, but both teams should do better than last season.

elmo

West will be a bloodbath. Lakers and Clippers are favorites, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else takes the best record during regular season. Lebron and Kawhi minutes will be managed to hit the full speed come playoffs, so someone young and hungry like Nuggets could take advantage.

First 8 teams could be separated by 6-7 games imo.

Mavericks with Doncic and healthy Porzingis might be close too. Do think both them and Pelicans will end up short as they are not quite ready yet, but both teams should do better than last season.
Mavs would do well to even sniff 40 wins.

They're not that good beyond Doncic and Porzingis. And who knows how good Porzingis is after more than 18 months out.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Mavs would do well to even sniff 40 wins.

They're not that good beyond Doncic and Porzingis. And who knows how good Porzingis is after more than 18 months out.
Can't disagree much. That's why I said "healthy" Porzingis. If he can get close to his old self next season they could do well, but that's a big if.

Still, potentially good team for the future.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Just seen the predictions for the Western Conference season in terms of W/L. Warriors seem too low for me
If Curry has a significant injury (and he's missed multiple games each season for the last couple of years) they might not even make the playoffs. If on the other hand Russell fits into the team and Klay comes back where he was pre-injury I wouldn't count them out from winning it all.

Sarni

If Curry has a significant injury (and he's missed multiple games each season for the last couple of years) they might not even make the playoffs. If on the other hand Russell fits into the team and Klay comes back where he was pre-injury I wouldn't count them out from winning it all.
Agreed. Team will be worse than last season but it's still hell of a roster when everyone is fit. Even if Russell doesn't fit in, they can trade him for someone who will. I think it's quite realistic he will be traded by deadline. If they could get someone like Covington back for him, they'd be back to being one of top 4-5 favorites I think.

Clippers are favorites to win it all but not by a huge margin. What plays in their advantage is that they will still have great chemistry coming on the back of last season, most of that team is still there bar Gallinari and SGA. Beverley, Williams, Harrell who were all key pieces of their successful season, as well as some rotation players who were there for the crucial part of it like Shamet, JaMychal and Zubac will all play significant minutes. They also still have flexibility to make trades to improve that team as they have their 2020 pick, Jerome Robinson available, and Harkless would be a big salary matching asset as well with his $10million expiring contract. I think they'll get Iguodala, or at least try hard to get him.

stepic

Hopefully not the start of another season with many injuries for the Lakers :(
pointless picture of LeBron there. he's not in the squad.

impressive that Australia beat them, although it's a pretty weak USA team. still, they're all NBA players unlike the Australian squad.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
pointless picture of LeBron there. he's not in the squad.

impressive that Australia beat them, although it's a pretty weak USA team. still, they're all NBA players unlike the Australian squad.
It's a picture of him during that loss against Greece in 2006, which he was a part of.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Germany's performance against the Dominican Republic was so bad......Schröder should be banned from the national team :lol:
USA just about squeezed by Turkey in OT

Tatum picked up a bad looking injury, had to be helped into the locker room
Probably only out for 5-7 days and he will stay in China

The final few minutes of the game were entertaining :D

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Team USA have beaten Japan with 98-45 a few hours ago in the last group match of the first round.

They are now in a group with Greece, Brazil and Czech Republic again (But they wouldn't play them again).......next opponent Greece and G.Antetokounmpo.

Sarni

We are playing our final game of what has been a terrific tournament tomorrow against Spain. Technically there will still be classification games after that but they are pretty meaningless considering even being 5th wouldn’t get us an Olympic spot anyway.

Getting to the quarterfinals is a huge achievement for a country that hasn’t been in the tournament since 1967. Hope this spurs some growth in basketball popularity here but due to time difference we probably won’t get that much more interest in basketball among the average crowd.