NBA 2019-2020

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
I have had full league pass for over two years. Currently using the India subscription which is somehow available here for basically £1 a month so I will never change as long as they don’t tell me it’s not available anymore.

Quality is awesome, you get to choose commentary etc., it’s fast and gets you a lot of additional content. Well worth the price.

How?!?!

And why do the Indians get it so cheap in the first place?! :lol:

I'm guessing VPN? If so, do you need to have it on and located in India when you're watching the games or only when you initially order it?

freeurmind

weak willed
The responses to Lebdron's tweets, wow. If only Laura Ingram knew the quickest way to get Lebron to shut up nd dribble was to call Chiina.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
How?!?!

And why do the Indians get it so cheap in the first place?! :lol:

I'm guessing VPN? If so, do you need to have it on and located in India when you're watching the games or only when you initially order it?
I don't even have to use VPN. I've used it from Poland, Iceland, UK, US and many other countries without VPN. The only place where it didn't work was China due to firewall.

I stumbled upon it by accident. While trying to renew my subscription I figured 8 games a month would have been enough, and in the subscriptions section of the App Store I found that I could take India subscription for 10% of the price. Got it immediately and it has worked ever since.

Sarni

It's not very cheap given the cost of living here. I mean, it's pretty cheap but not similar to one quid for a british person. Probably something around 5-10 pounds.
Yeah but Poland have like half the average salary of UK or less and we still pay the same price, though costs of living are much lower.

Sarni

A few preseason observations, not necessarily based on preseason games as I have only seen highlights of a few but general discussions around the league etc.:

• People are sleeping on Toronto. They aren’t in rebuild mode yet. Between Lowry, Gasol and Ibaka they have lots of quality and experience, and between Siakam, OG and VanVleet they have young talent with upside. All it takes is a leap from OG and they are easily top 3 in the East. If he has similar kind of progress to Siakam last season, they are a contender.
  • Beal has to be traded this season, no way he can dedicate his prime to Wizards and no way they keep him into his final year with nothing to play for. Where he goes is interesting because most of the good fits for him - Lakers, Clippers, Sixers - do not have the assets anymore. Nuggets have been mentioned and are a logical destination. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him on Pelicans.
  • Pelicans will be borderline playoffs team already this year. They have experience, they have quality and they have the most exciting roster in the league, possibly. Also a bunch of assets that could help them reshuffle the team when needed.
  • Grizzlies will be a super fun, though possibly quite bad, team. They will probably go into assets collection mode and try to trade some of the expirings for longer team money other teams don’t want to keep. Would be hilarious if they could get an asset in Iguodala trade, having received an asset to take him in the first place.
  • Celtics won’t miss Kyrie and their offense will probably get better. If anything Kemba and Carsen Edwards will be better at scoring than Kyrie and Rozier were. Hayward will probably have a better season. Tatum has to have a better season. Their defense will take a huge hit though as Horford was their anchor.
  • I don’t buy that Nets don’t expect Durant to come back this season. If they make it into the playoffs (which isn’t a given) he will be playing for them in April.
  • Curry will have MVP kind of season but will be absolutely shot after that. He’s their only hope of making the playoffs and will easily average over 30 points per game, possibly even 35.
  • Lakers will miss the playoffs again if AD doesn’t play at least 65 games. Imagine last years team, only worse and without Ball, Ingram and Hart. And without Zubac who they somehow traded for Muscala (I bet he has a great season for Clippers).

Last edited:

Sarni

• Beal has to be traded this season, no way he can dedicate his prime to Wizards and no way they keep him into his final year with nothing to play for. Where he goes is interesting because most of the good fits for him - Lakers, Clippers, Sixers - do not have the assets anymore. Nuggets have been mentioned and are a logical destination. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him on Pelicans.
And he extends for 2 more years, $72million one day later. Admittedly though second year of that new contract is a player option so he will still be hitting free agency in 2022 if he wants to. Part of his decision may have been the fact that 2021 free agency is stacked and it's not a given he would get free choice of teams then. 2022 promises to be worse so he may have broader choice of teams to choose from.

Sarni

Buddy Hield is a bit melodramatic with his reaction to being offered $90million/ 4 year deal by Kings. Next years free agency class is dreadful so he will get a higher offer from someone else but it’s not really an insult, it’s a fair offer.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Buddy Hield is a bit melodramatic with his reaction to being offered $90million/ 4 year deal by Kings. Next years free agency class is dreadful so he will get a higher offer from someone else but it’s not really an insult, it’s a fair offer.
It‘s definitely not an insult. He sounds crazy if he really believes that.

Sarni

It‘s definitely not an insult. He sounds crazy if he really believes that.
Yeah. Kings have backed themselves into a corner with that stupid Barnes contract though. 4 years for $85million for a pretty average player when you are about to pay a ton of money to Hield and then Fox (he has to get a max) isn’t the best idea. Hield is apparently holding out for $110million.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Not a huge difference to me.

Also, it's quite well known the gym culture LeBron brings to a team

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
My mistake. Just always thought of him as "skinny" before joining the Lakers.

With gym culture, do you mean just gym culture or something extra?
He was skinny when he was younger. Google photos of him at the Nuggets.

Just gym culture. No insinuations or implications intended.

Fosu-Mens

He was skinny when he was younger. Google photos of him at the Nuggets.

Just gym culture. No insinuations or implications intended.
Ait. McGee looks skinny when playing, but in pictures, he does not.

Lakers could dominate most teams on size this season and could create some interesting matches against "small" teams prefering to go the 3P route.

ZDwyr

Isn't the salary cap going down considerably next season because of the China situation?
Nothing confirmed. It's all speculation about what could happen if tensions aren't resolved or they escalate.

Is Kawhi Leonard the best player in the league right now?
Probably. Until we see if LeBron has declined at all anyway. I'd probably pick Giannis ahead of him - just.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
So Zion is already out for 6 to 8 weeks for a knee surgery on his meniscus. I just don't understand how he's been enabled (it's his body of course but I guess with sound councel..) to get this big for his size and most importantly, his explosive style of play. That's just asking for trouble and trouble he received.
He needs to lose at the very least 45pounds throughout the next year or so otherwise my online medical degree tells me his potential won't even be close to be accomplished

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I always thought you can't play like that being that heavy. He proved me wrong, though.
Now, this might not have anything to do with his weight?

In general, not being an expert and so, I agree. He should get down to 110 kg. Easier said than done though and it might rob him of his best attribute.

stepic

So Zion is already out for 6 to 8 weeks for a knee surgery on his meniscus. I just don't understand how he's been enabled (it's his body of course but I guess with sound councel..) to get this big for his size and most importantly, his explosive style of play. That's just asking for trouble and trouble he received.
He needs to lose at the very least 45pounds throughout the next year or so otherwise my online medical degree tells me his potential won't even be close to be accomplished
because this is his USP. if he drops 45 pounds he just becomes another undersized PF.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Shame about the Zion injury. He is most see TV but with his size and how mobile he is I am not surprised. He needs to cut down.

NBA is finally back:drool::drool:

Also been keeping tabs on Lamelo in the NBL and the kid looks mint. His passing immediately stands out similar to his brother but looks to be a better scorer. His 3 point shooting though has been a no show and is poor. Very talented player though no doubt.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Fantastic opening game! The LA game will be a great one as well no doubt.