NBA 2019-2020

Fosu-Mens

The ref were garbage for both side tonight, but their worst call was the 6th on Bev, I couldn't believe they called that a foul it was just walking.
Harden acts like one of the worst divers of all time. Similar to Suarez at his worst. 50% of his game is step back 3s and the rest is trying to get fouled trough embarrassing displays of simulation.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
The only positive in that move for me is that Blazers will get some love from major players in the league. Most have already commented on Twitter and wished Melo luck, or thanked the organization for giving him a chance. That might position us better with free agents going forward. Of course we will never get a truly major free agent to come here but at least maybe mid-tier free agents will give us a thought sometimes.

Basketball wise I prefer to think this is just the message that we give up on this season and want to give fans some entertainment rather than a genuine decision based on thinking that it will make the team more competitive. If Olshey really thinks that we have a big problem.

Meller

The only positive in that move for me is that Blazers will get some love from major players in the league. Most have already commented on Twitter and wished Melo luck, or thanked the organization for giving him a chance. That might position us better with free agents going forward. Of course we will never get a truly major free agent to come here but at least maybe mid-tier free agents will give us a thought sometimes.

Basketball wise I prefer to think this is just the message that we give up on this season and want to give fans some entertainment rather than a genuine decision based on thinking that it will make the team more competitive. If Olshey really thinks that we have a big problem.
What are you talking about Melo is a 20ppg player and you guys are averaging 112ppg. This means you will now score 132ppg which is very good and you should make the playoffs.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Harden acts like one of the worst divers of all time. Similar to Suarez at his worst. 50% of his game is step back 3s and the rest is trying to get fouled trough embarrassing displays of simulation.
Your opinion is appreciated yet not needed.

ZDwyr

Endless jab-steps are fun indeed.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Sixers with 5 losses in the last 7. They have not been as good as expected. What's worse for them is that Embiiid and Simmons haven't improved at all. Simmons still can't shoot and is 55% from the line which is a big issue

Charlie Foley

Yeah it’s no good to watch. Some of his midair contortions are laughable. As a result always hilarious to see a bad call go against him :lol:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
No way, I saw Simmons shoot a three in pre-season.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

Aren't you being more hopeful than anything with this :lol: ?

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Pretty decent effort last night. Really gave the Celtics a run for their money.

.......and Harden is a cheat.

Sarni

D'Angelo Russell is out for 2 weeks with a sprained thumb. When it rains, it pours.
It’s actually good news for them though, isn’t it? Won’t need to pull a fake injury to prevent him from giving them a chance of winning games.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Trust the process.
I agree. It really should work out for next year. Steph and Klay back, Draymond probably rested for a good part of the year, a valuable trade piece in D'Lo, a 17 million trade exception (for Iggy), and a possible top 3 pick in next year's draft. In addition players like Paschall, and the highly touted Smailagic getting a chance to show what they can do.

You are right! I appreciate you trying to cheer me up.

Sarni

Spurs playoff streak surely ending this season
They can go on a run at any given point though. When you look at teams currently in playoffs spots I am not sure they way Dallas, Phoenix, Minnesota have performed is sustainable. I mean Wiggins has been playing at an All-Star level, Porzingis will probably get injured and Phoenix have been way above expectations.

What goes against them is that Spurs do not really make mid-season trades so they will not address any of the issues they currently have.

stepic

Doncic :eek: Unreal performance 42 pts triple double now
if you had to pick any player in the league to build a franchise around right now, he would be a very very very close second to Giannis for me. and i'd be really tempted to take him over the Greak Freak. he's only 20 years old, feck me.

Moby

Dick
if you had to pick any player in the league to build a franchise around right now, he would be a very very very close second to Giannis for me. and i'd be really tempted to take him over the Greak Freak. he's only 20 years old, feck me.
Only one other guy has ever got a 40 point triple double at that age. #WashedKing

Sarni

Never in a million years.

stepic

i dunno, can you imagine how good Doncic may be in 4 years time?

i would still pick Giannis right now, but i don't think it's that absurd to think Doncic could be better than him, given another 4 years of experience in the NBA.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Let's revisit in 5 years :D

Seriously, i don't think Luka is going to be as good as Giannis, but what he's doing now, feck me...i don't see a ceiling atm

Sarni

i dunno, can you imagine how good Doncic may be in 4 years time?

i would still pick Giannis right now, but i don't think it's that absurd to think Doncic could be better than him, given another 4 years of experience in the NBA.
Personally I think Doncic's ceiling is not much higher than what he's showing right now but I may be wrong. Listening to Nate Duncan's podcast on Mavs before season they said he may be a top 5 player at some point but will probably never be THE best player in the NBA at any point in his career, and I tend to agree with that assessment.

But still, he may be a slightly better playmaker but Giannis is better offensively and on a completely different level defensively, and he has plenty of room to grow as well.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Giannis isn't a better offensive player than Doncic right now. They're pretty much equals

Defensively there's a chasm, sure. And if Giannis ever becomes a 35% 3P shooter we can shut down the league

But also, check out luka's stats :lol: not much higher than that means basically James Harden :lol:

stepic

Personally I think Doncic's ceiling is not much higher than what he's showing right now but I may be wrong. Listening to Nate Duncan's podcast on Mavs before season they said he may be a top 5 player at some point but will probably never be THE best player in the NBA at any point in his career, and I tend to agree with that assessment.

But still, he may be a slightly better playmaker but Giannis is better offensively and on a completely different level defensively, and he has plenty of room to grow as well.
not sure how you can say that about a 20 year old playing in his 2nd year. the kid's BBIQ is incredible, he still has plenty to improve his game. i mean, he's arguably top 5 right now (or very close to it), so Nate's prediction already feels a tad outdated.

that being said, Giannis is incredible, even if Doncic never matches his level, he's still going to be an MVP, HOF superstar. all credit to the Mavs making that trade. Suns and Kings should be absolutely kicking themselves. Atlanta too, even though I know they like Trae.

Last edited:

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Luka is unreal. Second year player getting triple doubles for fun. Who knows he may be better then dirk when its all said and done....he certainly has the potential for it.

Sarni

not sure how you can say that about a 20 year old playing in his 2nd year. the kid's BBIQ is incredible, he still has plenty to improve his game. i mean, he's arguably top 5 right now (or very close to it), so Nate's prediction already feels a tad outdated.

that being said, Giannis is incredible, even if Doncic never matches his level, he's still going to be an MVP, HOF superstar. all credit to the Mavs making that trade. Suns and Kings should be absolutely kicking themselves. Atlanta too, even though I know they like Trae.
No he's not. But he could be in 2-3 years.

Agreed about the rest, he's definitely the best player coming out of that 2018 draft which had loads of talent. Will be a HOF and MVP contender for sure and his MVP contention is not that far away.

Sarni

Giannis isn't a better offensive player than Doncic right now. They're pretty much equals

Defensively there's a chasm, sure. And if Giannis ever becomes a 35% 3P shooter we can shut down the league

But also, check out luka's stats :lol: not much higher than that means basically James Harden :lol:
Nah Giannis is better offensively. He's basically impossible to guard in the paint. He's improved his shot this year but it's still not good. Doncic is a better shooter.

It's not a fair comparison though as it's Luka's 2nd year.

stepic

No he's not. But he could be in 2-3 years.

Agreed about the rest, he's definitely the best player coming out of that 2018 draft which had loads of talent. Will be a HOF and MVP contender for sure and his MVP contention is not that far away.
agree he's not top 5 right now but he's pretty close. for me you have LeBron, Giannis, AD, Harden and Kawhi as the current top 5. Curry and Durant in the mix too subject to them coming back from injury. then i think he leads the next pack. won't be long until he's in there as a few of the others decline.