NBA 2019-2020

ZDwyr

His shot is just completely broken. I have no idea what happened but he just loss all touch/confidence with it. I thought he'd eventually get it back but doesn't look like that is going to happen.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
You probably can if you surround him with shooting at guards and wings. You probably can’t if your second best player is a complete non-shooter who just occupies the same spaces, and your third best player is a center as well.

What they should do is put Simmons out on the market and see what I can get. He should still have good value out there, just not at Sixers.
Who would take him is the question. He has a 5 year contract right?

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Fizdale got fired. Could have done some stuff better but he was set up to fail
They will put someone new in there and the same thing will happen rinse and repeat. He is far from being a great coach but he is/was the least of our issues.

But hey Knicks will be Knicks...losers.

ZDwyr

I don't dislike this Lakers team as much as I thought I would for some reason. The enjoyment they have playing together is nice to see.

Moby

Dick
People are really looking at the regular season record to predict what will happen in a 7 game series between Lakers and Clippers? Lakers have an outside chance but their bench will get thrashed by Williams, Harrell and co.

Clippers - Bucks in the finals would actually be a series that can go either way and would be a brilliant one to watch.

ZDwyr

Rotations get shortened in the playoffs anyway so bench superiority isn't as important.

Ban

- Record: 20-3
- Undefeated on the road (11-0)
- 3 easy and controlled wins at Denver, Utah and Portland after the Dallas home loss
- The team plays very well in the most games

But yeah of course the Clippers would easily beat the Lakers in a 7-game-series....so many great NBA experts here :lol: :lol: :lol:
It's December. Playoffs is a whole other ballgame.
Of course Clippers wouldn't easily beat the Lakers, especially if it were 7 games but that will probably be the western final.

Saying that is it just me or Clippers are still finding themselves?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
- 3 easy and controlled wins at Denver, Utah and Portland after the Dallas home loss

But yeah of course the Clippers would easily beat the Lakers in a 7-game-series....so many great NBA experts here :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regular season isn’t really important when you are trying to assess teams playoff chances. Would still have Clippers as favorites over Lakers.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Sixers are an interesting case study of: can you win a title in the current NBA with a big man as your best player. I just don't think they can generate enough offense through Embiid.
The same question applies to the Wolves and the interesting twist is that KAT can genuinely shoot threes.

Sarni

The same question applies to the Wolves and the interesting twist is that KAT can genuinely shoot threes.
Nah KAT is basically a wing in a center’s body. He has improved his defense to a respectable level too. They probably won’t build a winning team around him in Minnesota for many reasons but it can be done.

Meanwhile Hood is out for the season with torn Achilles. Portland can’t catch a break. This season is really over.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Sixers starting lineup has the best net rating in the league right now

They took the raptors to 7 and lost on one of the most iconic and absurd shots ever

Why do people think Simmons and Embiid can't win together or they can't go all the way is beyond me. Evidence so far says they're good

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Blake Griffin is comedy gold :lol:

"I think me and Drummond combined for 25 rebounds"

Drummond had 22

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees

Clippers don't care about regular season because home court advantage in the playoffs is useless against the Lakers and that's the only team they'll fear in the West.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
My point is many posters here would go crazy if the Clippers would have that record....but if the Lakers are doing it then it's nothing special.
Well, considering PG missed the start of the season and Kawhi sits out b2b games, it would really be crazy if they got that record.

And just lighten up, expectations are higher for Lakers because it's the Lakers and LeBron. Everybody knows they'll be good when everyone is healthy, it's when the load management and injuries start coming in before we really know if the Lakers are the real deal.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
Clippers don't care about regular season because home court advantage in the playoffs is useless against the Lakers and that's the only team they'll fear in the West.
Everyone on the West should care a bit about first 2 positions as (by the look of things) you will avoid one of Jazz, Mavs, Rockets, Nuggets. You don't want to start the playoffs with that match-up. Basically, being 1st or 2nd is very likely to give you a rest before the semi-final which could be huge for Lakers.

Sarni

:lol:

You would say the opposite if the Clippers would have that record.
No I wouldn’t. Bucks have the same record and I don’t think they are massive favorites either because it was clear they had weaknesses in the playoffs last season. On top of that it’s really 20-3 whilst having a very easy calendar, the amount of super easy games Lakers have had is significant. Two good teams Lakers faced recently also exposed some of their weaknesses.

SportingCP96

Supports
cant believe sportingcp hasnt posted carmelos stats from tonight
Did not watch the game last night I was working but I checked the stats this morning and it was a bad game from him. Though Dame and CJ shot just as bad from the field.

Nonetheless bad games happen and I am over this debate as my point has already been proven.

Good to see your still thinking about me though it makes me feel special, if you mention my name though its ok to tag me I don't bite;)

SportingCP96

Supports
Gotta love the rumors of Masai Ujiri being "interested" in the Knicks :lol:. I dont see anyone noteworthy stepping foot at MSG until certain people are gone.

Out of curiosity who would everyones ROY be so far? I was really liking JA but he seemed to have slowed down a bit. I like the two rookies in Miami a lot too and also just realized Paschall is averaging 17ppg In the Warriors.

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
Did not watch the game last night I was working but I checked the stats this morning and it was a bad game from him. Though Dame and CJ shot just as bad from the field.

Nonetheless bad games happen and I am over this debate as my point has already been proven.

Good to see your still thinking about me though it makes me feel special, if you mention my name though its ok to tag me I don't bite;)
Wrong again.

Anthony shot 22%, Lillard 33%, McCollum 38%.

Carmelo is now shooting 40% on the season which is right in line with last year when he shot 40% and the year before when he shot *checks notes* 40%.

He ranks 277th out of 343 in true shooting percentage and is the worst defensive player in the league.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wrong again.

Anthony shot 22%, Lillard 33%, McCollum 38%.

Carmelo is now shooting 40% on the season which is right in line with last year when he shot 40% and the year before when he shot *checks notes* 40%.

He ranks 277th out of 343 in true shooting percentage and is the worst defensive player in the league.
And yet the blazers are quite clearly better off with him than Hezonja

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They're not though. Hezonja is 24 and has potential to improve. Anthony is 35 and on the decline.
Hezonja is currently garbage on a team that is trying to make the playoffs

They're better with Melo on the floor than without him. The fact there's plenty of players better than Melo who could do more than Melo doesn't matter because those players are not currently on their roster and they currently can't get them