• is james harden fun to watch
  • the media and leagues bias against the raptors
  • westbrook chasing stats to the detriment of his team
  • zion should have gone to the knicks
  • is jokic too fat
  • should ben simmons should more threes
  • kevin durants mentality

ZDwyr

Surely even hardcore Kobe fans can now admit LeBron is better? I mean they should have recognised it before anyway.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Surely even hardcore Kobe fans can now admit LeBron is better? I mean they should have recognised it before anyway.
I like Kobe more not because he is the better player, but because for me he got me to love basketball and the NBA.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Not really?

But fine then. Game Score?
You're fighting a useless debate against him. He thinks he is the worst player in the league and off of that alone is not worth the debate anymore.

Plus I am over it because the point I was trying to make has already been proven.

I am on too bigger and better things right now like using my imagination to see what it must be like to not be a fan of the worst team in the league:lol:

Also Drose still putting on a show makes me so happy he is the real 6th man of the year this season so far (Lou will is a starter idc what anyone says).

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Thunder are quite good which isn’t totally unexpected for me to be honest. CP3, Gallinari and Adams are still comfortably top half quality in their positions and they have some all right depth and young talent. SGA is a stud and one of the best young assets they could have got in return for George. They actually don’t have that much reason to tank either as they own a thousand picks and could probably trade Adams for another.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
A truly epic encounter is afoot: The Knicks will face the Warriors! The stoppable force meets the movable object!

I'd tune in if it wasn't at such an ungodly time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
permitted discussion topics:

• carmelo anthonys defense
  • whether or not kobe is better than lebron
  • is james harden fun to watch
  • the media and leagues bias against the raptors
  • westbrook chasing stats to the detriment of his team
  • zion should have gone to the knicks
  • is jokic too fat
  • should ben simmons should more threes
  • kevin durants mentality
  • It's bad
  • Only in my heart :(
  • On nights when his 3 falls in, absolutely. Are you telling me you didn't have fun watching him single-handedly beat the warriors at oracle last season????
  • BS
  • No. His drive to try and do everything does
  • :lol::lol::lol: tbf given what we knoe of NOLA's medical staff, the pels might be almost as bad :( DO NOT FECK THIS UP PELICANS THIS IS BIGGER THAN YOU :devil::devil::devil:
  • Yes
  • Yes
  • Seems thin-skinned, beyond that...2 times finals MVP

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Thunder are quite good which isn’t totally unexpected for me to be honest. CP3, Gallinari and Adams are still comfortably top half quality in their positions and they have some all right depth and young talent. SGA is a stud and one of the best young assets they could have got in return for George. They actually don’t have that much reason to tank either as they own a thousand picks and could probably trade Adams for another.
Most of those picks are from good teams though and also far into the future. Their current team isn't good enough for a deep playoff run either and Gallinari's contract is expiring...

On the other hand, CP3 looks virtually untradeable and i think he's good for SGA's development, so i wouldn't just hope for a salary dump there.

Gallo's contract on the other hand is expiring and they should 100% trade him. Shouldn't be hard either

SportingCP96

Supports
Do you see them trading one of Adams or CP3? Hell even both?

I know Miami was interested in CP3 but not sure about now and as for Adams I feel like he would be a good piece for someone like the Mavs potentially.

The Thunders future is set though they are bound to find at least two studs with all the picks they have.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
:lol:

Eboue do you remember when you got on my nerves constantly quoting stats at me regarding basketball.

ZDwyr

Do you see them trading one of Adams or CP3? Hell even both?

I know Miami was interested in CP3 but not sure about now and as for Adams I feel like he would be a good piece for someone like the Mavs potentially.

The Thunders future is set though they are bound to find at least two studs with all the picks they have.
Yes, for the right deal. We won't be attaching assets to trade anyone though. That is basically the only guarantee.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Who'd be interested in either? I mean Paul's still great, but he's got a ridiculous contract for a player his age and as injury prone as he is

As to Adams, i genuinely struggle to see why a team should trade for him. Good, functional player but he doesn't move the needle, does he

ZDwyr

Paul is still very good. I think there's a team out there that will take him - eventually. The market won't be huge but I can see there being a team or two. I don't expect him to be traded this season though.

The Adams point I disagree with though. Why would anyone trade for any non-superstar player then? Most players don't 'move the needle' unless they're top 15-20 in the league. For what it's worth, I think he'd be really good in Boston. They don't have a great match-up for Embidd if they met in the playoffs and Adams can at least match him physically. I think he'd be awesome for Atlanta too. He'd help their defence a lot and his screens for Trae would be insane.

freeurmind

weak willed
Clint Capela, 36 minutes, 6 shots tonight. They were playing Cleveland. Nice for Harden to get 50 but I think the Rockets would be better off sharing the ball in these kind of games to help prepare their role players for the playoffs.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Clint Capela, 36 minutes, 6 shots tonight. They were playing Cleveland. Nice for Harden to get 50 but I think the Rockets would be better off sharing the ball in these kind of games to help prepare their role players for the playoffs.
When a player is the star of the team and the team is losing you look for him to get you out, definitely not a good game by the Rockets overall but still a very great game by Harden.

SportingCP96

Supports
I understand why people don't like his style of play but I feel like you have to respect him at least. He is an elite offensive player and it feels like every time I check the box score he has 50-60 points.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Paul is still very good. I think there's a team out there that will take him - eventually. The market won't be huge but I can see there being a team or two. I don't expect him to be traded this season though.
Which teams?

The Adams point I disagree with though. Why would anyone trade for any non-superstar player then? Most players don't 'move the needle' unless they're top 15-20 in the league. For what it's worth, I think he'd be really good in Boston. They don't have a great match-up for Embidd if they met in the playoffs and Adams can at least match him physically. I think he'd be awesome for Atlanta too. He'd help their defence a lot and his screens for Trae would be insane.
I forgot about the celtics, yeah they're just about the one team who might be interested. Though i don't see compulsive hoarder Danny Ainge giving up much

As to Atlanta, it's a bad team that knows it's a bad team and is fine with it. They have no reason to trade for a non superstar player right now, they can continue building through the draft and FAs. I don't think their timeline demands win now moves just yet

ZDwyr

Which teams?

I forgot about the celtics, yeah they're just about the one team who might be interested. Though i don't see compulsive hoarder Danny Ainge giving up much

As to Atlanta, it's a bad team that knows it's a bad team and is fine with it. They have no reason to trade for a non superstar player right now, they can continue building through the draft and FAs. I don't think their timeline demands win now moves just yet
Teams that I think would improve with Paul and either strengthen their championship aspirations or their playoff position/hopes: Milwaukee, Philly, Orlando, TWolves.

I disagree with Atlanta and their timeline. They have their young star prospect. They have other young draftees to build with him. They won't be getting any good FAs to come to Atlanta. I think they can start to build and improve now and Adams would help with that.

SportingCP96

Supports
Teams that I think would improve with Paul and either strengthen their championship aspirations or their playoff position/hopes: Milwaukee, Philly, Orlando, TWolves.

I disagree with Atlanta and their timeline. They have their young star prospect. They have other young draftees to build with him. They won't be getting any good FAs to come to Atlanta. I think they can start to build and improve now and Adams would help with that.
CP3 would be a great piece to add to a team like the Bucks though I dont see how that trade could be made possible. I do agree though he can improve a lot of teams.

As for Adams he can be a good player for a lot of teams in the league. I actually think he would fit in great with Dallas.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Bucks are the best team in the league, Philly have Ben, Wolves are finally getting value for wiggins contract by letting him handle the ball

Orlando, sure, but why? Paul isn't making them contenders, and again, age+contract+injury history?

I honestly don't see how anyone would be interested in trading for Paul right now. I guess we'll see where teams stand come February

You think nobody would want to play with Trae Young? But ok, let's say Atlanta would be interested. What's an offer OKC would accept, exactly? Young, Collins, Huerter, Hunter and Reddish won't be available...what's left?

As for Adams he can be a good player for a lot of teams in the league. I actually think he would fit in great with Dallas.
Same stories: they're really good as is, plus what kind of offer could they make that OKC might accept?

Also, Luka has phenomenal chemistry with Powell and Kleber

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Jared Dudley was better last night than Melo has been in 3 years.

ZDwyr

Bucks are the best team in the league, Philly have Ben, Wolves are finally getting value for wiggins contract by letting him handle the ball

Orlando, sure, but why? Paul isn't making them contenders, and again, age+contract+injury history?

I honestly don't see how anyone would be interested in trading for Paul right now. I guess we'll see where teams stand come February

You think nobody would want to play with Trae Young? But ok, let's say Atlanta would be interested. What's an offer OKC would accept, exactly? Young, Collins, Huerter, Hunter and Reddish won't be available...what's left?

Same stories: they're really good as is, plus what kind of offer could they make that OKC might accept?

Also, Luka has phenomenal chemistry with Powell and Kleber
Chris Paul is far, far superior than Bledsloe, Simmons and Wiggins. He would improve each of those teams. The question is whether they want to sacrifice long-term for improving their immediate hopes. I think the Clippers and maybe Lakers are better than the Bucks. Regular season doesn't show who the best team is. Last season showed that for the Bucks. Paul would make them a better playoff team. Especially when you consider what Bledsloe did in the playoffs.

Trae Young is in Atlanta. Of course no one will want to play with him. No one wanted to play with KD and Westbrook in OKC. What small market (aside from Cleveland, which is an exception) has signed a big free agent? The deal would probably be based around Chandler Parsons and some kind of pick. OKC is stock-piling assets. They will take on bad contracts to do it. It's not like they would realistically want/ask for any of their current young players.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Is Atlanta really a small market though? It's a much bigger city than Oklahoma and Cleveland.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Chris Paul is far, far superior than Bledsloe, Simmons and Wiggins. He would improve each of those teams.
He's not better than Simmons though, not by a long shot

Wiggins is much younger and with a lot of upside still, makes no sense for the wolves to trade a guy who might turn into an all-star caliber player for the next 10 years for 3 years of Paul and hope he doesn't get injured(ahahah) and doesn't fade

Bledsoe is a better defender, but sure, let's say the bucks(who let brogdon go in the summer to save money, btw) might be interested. How do they make the trade happen?

And also, once again, Chris Paul always gets injured. Always. He's just not reliable in the playoffs anymore

Paul would make them a better playoff team.
For 3 games. Then he pulls his hamstring and he's done for the playoffs

Trae Young is in Atlanta. Of course no one will want to play with him. No one wanted to play with KD and Westbrook in OKC. What small market (aside from Cleveland, which is an exception) has signed a big free agent?
You mean like how Paul George didn't resign with OKC? Which big FAs did the thunder make a run at in their KD/Russ prime that snubbed them?

Also Atlanta is generally seen as a desirable destination for nba players afaik

The deal would probably be based around Chandler Parsons and some kind of pick. OKC is stock-piling assets. They will take on bad contracts to do it. It's not like they would realistically want/ask for any of their current young players.
Edit: checked. Parsons and a second rounder for Adams should be doable

Meh, the destination that makes the most sense is Boston

The fact of the matter is, both Paul and Adams are massively, stupidly overpaid(from a trade value pov. They deserve every cent of their contracts)

Last edited:

ZDwyr

He's not better than Simmons though, not by a long shot

Wiggins is much younger and with a lot of upside still, makes no sense for the wolves to trade a guy who might turn into an all-star caliber player for the next 10 years for 3 years of Paul and hope he doesn't get injured(ahahah) and doesn't fade

Bledsoe is a better defender, but sure, let's say the bucks(who let brogdon go in the summer to save money, btw) might be interested. How do they make the trade happen?

And also, once again, Chris Paul always gets injured. Always. He's just not reliable in the playoffs anymore

For 3 games. Then he pulls his hamstring and he's done for the playoffs

You mean like how Paul George didn't resign with OKC? Which big FAs did the thunder make a run at in their KD/Russ prime that snubbed them?

Also Atlanta is generally seen as a desirable destination for nba players afaik

Edit: checked. Parsons and a second rounder for Adams should be doable

Meh, the destination that makes the most sense is Boston

The fact of the matter is, both Paul and Adams are massively, stupidly overpaid(from a trade value pov. They deserve every cent of their contracts)
Paul is a better player than Simmons. We'll just have to agree to disagree on that one.

Wiggins is terrible. He's been a massive negative for years. A decent run of games (where he's still below league average on TS%) doesn't change anything. I'll take the large sample size. How on earth can you say he has all-star potential? The only thing he has is athleticism. He has shown literally no other signs of getting to that level.

Paul is still a good defender. I don't think the difference there is big. The trade would involve Bledsloe probably. I'm not sure how it gets done because it's a tough one. Probably the first they got in the Brogdon deal. Like I said, it's high risk/high reward because you sacrifice future for immediate gain.

We re-signed PG because we had a year to recruit him. If he saw out his Pacers contract do you honestly think he would have even given OKC a meeting? He was going to L.A. or Miami or another big market. What examples do you have of Atlanta being a desirable destination? What big names have they signed?

EDIT: They are both overpaid. Adams isn't worthy of his contract either. He expires next year though and you can probably re-sign him for $12-$14mil p/year.

EDIT2: OKC made a run at Pau Gasol and he refused. They couldn't get freaking Mike Miller to sign with them.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Wiggins is terrible. He's been a massive negative for years. A decent run of games (where he's still below league average on TS%) doesn't change anything. I'll take the large sample size. How on earth can you say he has all-star potential? The only thing he has is athleticism. He has shown literally no other signs of getting to that level.
Wiggins was playing at an all-star level while being his team's primary ball-handler and playmaker, before for whatever reason they went back to teague

Still, he's got a massive, basically untradeable contract of his own. Makes no sense for the Wolves not to try and bet on him still

Paul is still a good defender. I don't think the difference there is big. The trade would involve Bledsloe probably. I'm not sure how it gets done because it's a tough one. Probably the first they got in the Brogdon deal. Like I said, it's high risk/high reward because you sacrifice future for immediate gain.
Bucks would have to gut their roster for Paul. Only way they could make that happen would be by including Brook Lopez and Hill. This is a non-starter

What examples do you have of Atlanta being a desirable destination? What big names have they signed?
Heard it mentioned by multiple sources. Dunno if true though

EDIT: They are both overpaid. Adams isn't worthy of his contract either.
Far as teams are concerned they are. Therein lies the problem

EDIT2: OKC made a run at Pau Gasol and he refused. They couldn't get freaking Mike Miller to sign with them.
So Pau Gasol then? Allright. When was this?

Last edited:

ZDwyr

Wiggins was playing at an all-star level while being his team's primary ball-handler and playmaker, before for whatever reason they went back to teague

Still, he's got a massive, basically untradeable contract of his own. Makes no sense for the Wolves not to try and bet on him still

Bucks would have to gut their roster for Paul. Only way they could make that happen would be by including Brook Lopez. This is a non-starter

Heard it mentioned by multiple sources. Dunno if true though

Far as teams are concerned they are. Therein lies the problem

So Pau Gasol then? Allright. When was this?
Right but even so, an all-star level for what? Eight games? That's not enough of a reason to prefer him over Chris Paul as your ball handler.

Yeah, the Bucks trade would be extremely difficult in that case. Well if you have no obvious examples of them attracting free agents then I'd say it probably isn't true.

Before the 2014 season. He chose Chicago (big market). I don't really see how this is a debate though. Atalnta may even be considered a big market by certain measures. But basically, non Chicago, L.A, Miami and New York teams struggle. But I don't think trading for Adams would even hurt their long-term FA plans if they had them considering his next deal won't be that large.

SportingCP96

Supports
LBJ and AD not great last night. Triple double aside, LeBron was inefficient last night. Some big time plays by your boy Jared.
Wed 11/27vsOKCW
136-119
299-1181.80-10.01-1100.042005319
Mon 11/25@CHIW
117-94
3110-2050.04-757.11-1100.082013225

Two games alone this season better then that last night game. Last I am even commenting on this or this debate as its done already.

SportingCP96

Supports
Right but even so, an all-star level for what? Eight games? That's not enough of a reason to prefer him over Chris Paul as your ball handler.

Yeah, the Bucks trade would be extremely difficult in that case. Well if you have no obvious examples of them attracting free agents then I'd say it probably isn't true.

Before the 2014 season. He chose Chicago (big market). I don't really see how this is a debate though. Atalnta may even be considered a big market by certain measures. But basically, non Chicago, L.A, Miami and New York teams struggle. But I don't think trading for Adams would even hurt their long-term FA plans if they had them considering his next deal won't be that large.
Out of curiosity how many first round pics do OKC have for the upcoming draft? I am super curious to see what they will do with that squad.