NBA 2019-2020

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Thank you Atlanta!

Great deal for Blazers!

Kaos

How’s Nick Nurse not gonna make the shortlist for coach of the year after winning the NBA on his first season as a head coach :nono:

Spicy P is MIP though :drool:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
How’s Nick Nurse not gonna make the shortlist for coach of the year after winning the NBA on his first season as a head coach :nono:

Spicy P is MIP though :drool:
It’s only regular season so him winning the Playoffs shouldn’t be taken into consideration really.

Fridge chutney

On that note, Masai committed to the Raptors today. He also stated that he held positive talks with Kahwi. Good news for Toronto, even if Kawhi leaves.

Kaos

On that note, Masai committed to the Raptors today. He also stated that he held positive talks with Kahwi. Good news for Toronto, even if Kawhi leaves.
I think Masai staying is an indication Kawhi intends to re-sign. Great news for Toronto if true, they’d go in as favourites next season assuming they resign everyone :cool:

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I think he'll stay for another year and go on the market next summer. The Clippers are not going anywhere.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
I see nothing wrong with it, tbh. It's not like they're going after Giannis.

mav_9me

I see nothing wrong with it, tbh. It's not like they're going after Giannis.
Agreed. That's the PC culture over here.

I would argue you can both congratulate the MVP and argue that your guy should be MVP.

Fridge chutney

Harden may have asked them to take it down. He might have been mindful of appearing like a poor sport.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
High chance Rockets will sign Butler, would fit well with Harden but CP3 is going to be more of a hindrance next season.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
I wonder if Knicks fans are still super excited about this considering his injury?
Of course, they are. KD would be a blessing for the Knicks, despite of the injury.

Enigma_87

You know who
He *could* comeback in 4-5 months, so it's not that bad.
At the very best 7-8 months he can get "some" practice. 9-10 months is probably the earliest estimate he could take a part in a competitive game with an injury like that.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool

Weird move if true. He isn't going to compete for a ring there.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Woj saying AD will waive his $4m and Lakers have traded Wagner, Bonga and Jones and have a max cap slot now.

Can we field 3 players a night or nah?

Sarni

Woj saying AD will waive his $4m and Lakers have traded Wagner, Bonga and Jones and have a max cap slot now.

Can we field 3 players a night or nah?
Wow. Very interesting.

Yes it will basically be three max guys, Kuzma, one MLE player and a bunch of minimum contracts.

Sarni

Depending on who they can get on minimum they can be a real force next season.
They won’t be able to get much. Too much money available in the league this offseason for good players to be giving up $6million+ to join them.

Bubz27

Wow. Very interesting.

Yes it will basically be three max guys, Kuzma, one MLE player and a bunch of minimum contracts.
Sensibly, you use that $32m and get Reddick, Green, maybe D'Lo ($20m might do it?). Maybe Collision.

Or you get JR, Melo and ask Wade for one last seaso. :drool:

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Come back to LeBron, Kyrie. It’s better in LA than in Brooklyn anyway.

Sarni

Sensibly, you use that $32m and get Reddick, Green, maybe D'Lo ($20m might do it?). Maybe Collision.

Or you get JR, Melo and ask Wade for one last seaso. :drool:
They didn’t trade away Wagner and Bonga to get to $32million, and get AD to waive his bonus to invest that into more than one max player to be honest. That $32million number is clearly indicating they want a max guy, otherwise they would have moved these moves later.

Bubz27

They didn’t trade away Wagner and Bonga to get to $32million, and get AD to waive his bonus to invest that into more than one max player to be honest. That $32million number is clearly indicating they want a max guy, otherwise they would have moved these moves later.
Yeah absolutely. My post was tongue in cheek really. Rumours Kawhi is going to meet Lakers as well now. But I see that as <5% chance.

They're definitely after a max and I'm sure AD knows something to waive the $4m.

Sarni

Yeah absolutely. My post was tongue in cheek really. Rumours Kawhi is going to meet Lakers as well now. But I see that as <5% chance.

They're definitely after a max and I'm sure AD knows something to waive the $4m.
I can’t see Kawhi either. I think the priority will be Kyrie, then Kemba, then Russell. And I would probably have D’Angelo top of my list.