NBA 2019-2020

MJJ

So assuming Ad doesn't play PF. Lakers have:-

PG - Isaac Bonga

SG - N/A

SF - Lebron James

PF - Kyle Kuzma, Mo Wagner

C - Anthony Davis

Wonder who they can bring in, need a PG and shooting badly.

MJJ

Lakers have done what every team should do and that is to take risks to win . The warriors did that as well and got three rings out of it . No team doing anything is good or bad for the league really. League has done pretty well for itself in the time that Lakers have been a complete joke
Yeah signing KD was such a huge risk, they really leveraged their whole future on signing him on a err free transfer.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Yeah signing KD was such a huge risk, they really leveraged their whole future on signing him on a err free transfer.
The sacrificed a mid level exception in 2017 to go after him, don’t joke about this stuff man.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
You guys are right the Warriors built their team without taking any risks and yet all of you hate them. So let's focus again on why Lakers being better is great for the league ?

Rooney1987

PG - Isaac Bonga

SG - N/A

SF - Lebron James

C - Anthony Davis

LA might have around 25mil left to spend give or take a few mil. Why keeping Kuzma is a big keep considering he's only on 2mil. With SG they have a good chance at Jimmy Butler but that's the whole cap gone with no bench.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

PG - Isaac Bonga

SG - N/A

SF - Lebron James

C - Anthony Davis

Butler for SG maybe? Point guard will be the tough one.

*Melo for the bench? Just kidding he lost it but he is one of my favorite players growing up along with Drose so let me believe :lol:

Kaos

You guys are right the Warriors built their team without taking any risks and yet all of you hate them. So let's focus again on why Lakers being better is great for the league ?
They aren’t. I’d actually root for the warriors over the lakers in the west. For the most part they built their team on modest lottery picks.
LeBron is basically trying to build another 2010 Miami at the Lakers.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
The Lakers have 1 slot for Kemba or Kyrie or Butler and then the over cap exceptions to build a roster. Beyond that it's just minimum contracts.
Thing is if everyone stays fit then they will pretty much certainly be up there . Just like the warriors though, any sort of major injury and you are in big trouble

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.

PG - Isaac Bonga

SG - N/A

SF - Lebron James

C - Anthony Davis

We add Kemba, then let’s go!

freeurmind

weak willed
Lakers wow. All that and 3 1st round picks? Damn. Gonna be weird when the Pelicans finish with a better record than them.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Atlanta trading for no. 4 makes perfect sense. They are apparently very keen on Jarrett Culver and this gets them Culver. They also need a center but they can get him with Nets pick easily.

Pelicans would then have no. 8 and 10.
I would ask for all three first rounders if Atlanta wants #4.

Set the bar, let the other club counter.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Watch LeBron form another superteam and his fanboys whine about how his teammates aren't good enough and he needs more help at the first sign of trouble.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Dont like the trade but whatever it's done. Welcome AD hope you get a couple rings while you're in LA.

mav_9me

1. This is great for the league because this is yet another story line/ intrigue and contender, not specifically the Lakers imo.

2. Lot of questions as to how much better are the Lakers... How good a 3rd man can they get or how are they going to build a roster?

My point is this is more drama. Good for the league.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Well, you can root for the Pelicans next season then. I'll definitely be tuning in to some of their games.

And which team do you support, may I ask?
I think lots of people will especially with Zion :D:drool:

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Pelicans small ball 5 could be ridiculous.

Lonzo
Hart
Zion
Ingram
Randle

I am thinking New Orleans will be the one. I loved watching the young Lakers on the come up. LeBron ruined that shit.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
LeBron is going to be 35 next season, I even think he slowed down a bit last season, I think people are overrating the Lakers a bit here.

forevrared

Pelicans small ball 5 could be ridiculous.

Lonzo
Hart
Zion
Ingram
Randle

I am thinking New Orleans will be the one. I loved watching the young Lakers on the come up. LeBron ruined that shit.
I imagine a lot of Lakers fans will see that team as the one that got away when Lebron and AD don't pay immediate dividends.

TheBest

SPNTBP
Ingram is going to be big for pelicans. Considering Ad was on a 1 year, this seems like an overpay. Pelicans going to be really exciting to watch.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
If only Leonard was as spineless as Durant and willing to join AD in LA :(

Really don’t want Butler, Irving seems to be going to Brooklyn and Walker wants to stay in Charlotte (God knows why).

Sarni

I would ask for all three first rounders if Atlanta wants #4.

Set the bar, let the other club counter.
Nah, not sure I would even want to have all three if I were them. 8 and 10 for 4 in this draft is already a high price to pay because there’s a small difference between what you get at 4 and 8 (and honestly nobody knows who is going where beyond top 3 anyway).

Sarni

If only Leonard was as spineless as Durant and willing to join AD in LA :(

Really don’t want Butler, Irving seems to be going to Brooklyn and Walker wants to stay in Charlotte (God knows why).
Kawhi would be overkill. Lakers need someone to play off the ball. Someone like Klay would be ideal. I agree that Butler isn’t the best idea.

Sarni

Lakers picks are an underrated asset in this trade. Apparently it’s 2021 and 2023 unprotected and unprotected swaps for 2022 and 2024. Lakers will be good in 2020, so a pick swap for that season wouldn’t matter but if they really go after Kemba or Butler and give them a max then I can see that team not being that great beyond 2021.