NBA 2019-2020

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Rumors that KD has moved his stuff to New York already and intends to stay there. That would probably mean him going to the Nets, which is a much better situation than the Knicks right now. They will get Kyrie as well, and have a core that is easily good enough to be a playoffs team. He will take his time to rehab and maybe could even be back for the start of playoffs with a bit of luck. A team with Kyrie, LeVert, Harris, Prince, Allen, Dinwiddie and the rest of rotation young players (Kurucs etc.) should be able to finish around 5th or 6th spot even before Durant returns.

If I had to bet on where big free agents go this offseason:

Kawhi - stays
Middleton - stays
Butler - stays
Harris - Utah
Russell - Phoenix
Klay - stays
Durant - Brooklyn
Kyrie - Brooklyn
Kemba - stays
Boogie - who cares

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal

I like the look of this kid he could be a potential diamond in the rough in this draft class.

SportingCP96

Supports
Reports Knicks are seriously considering Darius Garland over RJ Barrett......

I like Garland but...not as the Third overall pick and not over RJ.

Knicks being Knicks.

Sarni

Reports Knicks are seriously considering Darius Garland over RJ Barrett......

I like Garland but...not as the Third overall pick and not over RJ.

Knicks being Knicks.
I would maybe take Garland over Barrett. It makes sense.

SportingCP96

Supports
His health is a big issue. Not sure if he’ll be able to play in NBA long term.
That is one worry too big guys like that can’t usually play 82 games a season they are bound to get an injury.

SportingCP96

Supports
I would maybe take Garland over Barrett. It makes sense.
They need a point guard and there is an argument to be made that garland is the best PG in the class but I feel Barrett has “higher potential” though they are different players and in different position. Also not sure about a PG who averaged less then 3 assists in college.

Like I said I like Garland as a player but not more then Barrett.

Rumores also that pelicans might try to trade up to get the 2nd overall pick but I am not sure Memphis would do that.

Fridge chutney

Best moment of the parade yesterday. Gasol chugging an entire bottle of wine was a close second.

ZDwyr

I'd love to feck with the thunders again.
How about you guys keep Paul but we reverse the Harden trade? Adams, (the now out-of-the-league) Abrines and the ghost of Mitch McGary for Harden seems fair, right? :(

Sarni

Don't care about Kyrie leaving.

But Horford? Don't do this to me, Al.
The problem is Ainge has been keeping all those assets and refusing to trade them for stars which will probably result in Boston becoming a fringe playoffs team. Tatum and Brown are nice but they won’t get you much more than 45-46 wins, and those picks Ainge had been keeping are now turning out to be not that great. 2019 unprotected Sacramento pick has just had the most underwhelming outcome of all.

Sarni

At least we now know 100% they are taking Morant and all the talk about possibly trading down or giving the pick to Pelicans can go away.

Still not sure whether Knicks will take Barrett. Pelicans could actually have a shot at taking him.

SportingCP96

Supports
At least we now know 100% they are taking Morant and all the talk about possibly trading down or giving the pick to Pelicans can go away.

Still not sure whether Knicks will take Barrett. Pelicans could actually have a shot at taking him.
Which makes you wonder will the pelicans try to trade that No.4 pick with the hawks now that there are rumors that the Knicks might not take RJ at 3? Because potentially he could fall to 4 and then NOLA can get him. Interesting to see what they will do.

Kaos

I'm liking the look of this Utah team (assuming Conley actually stays healthy in time for the playoffs).

Sarni

Which makes you wonder will the pelicans try to trade that No.4 pick with the hawks now that there are rumors that the Knicks might not take RJ at 3? Because potentially he could fall to 4 and then NOLA can get him. Interesting to see what they will do.
Reuniting Barrett with Zion would be fun.

SportingCP96

Supports
Reuniting Barrett with Zion would be fun.
I agree and would make there transition into the NBA even better as they have that chemistry together.

The thing is do they gamble that the Knicks take Garland at 3 and not trade the 4th pick for the 8th and 10th or can they do that even after they pick someone at 4th?

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
I dont think they really have chemistry together. They didnt even make the final four and Barrett took more shots than an obviously superior player. By January, Williamson will have more chemistry with every one of his NBA teammates than with someone he played 25 games with in college.

SportingCP96

Supports
A couple hardcore NBA fans in my office are sold on Barret being an absolute bust.
I wasn’t sold on him in the beginning but I’ve been watching so many different videos on him for the past 2 months that I have changed my opinion:lol: I like his mentality a lot and that Leads me to believe he can be a future all star. His shooting can use some work (allegedly he has been working on his shot this offseason) but he has the mentality (I think) to maybe succeed at the highest level.

With that being said we will have too see when the new season begins (can’t come soon enough!).

Sarni

NBA TV will be showing the draft, right?