NBA 2019-2020

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Last nights loss emphasized what many thought about Lakers already - that team needs a third scorer to take care of business when they have to score a bit more than 100 to win. Even if LeBron and AD get you 30 each, you can’t win against good teams if all your remaining players are in single digits. Kuzma really doesn’t fit that team either, and is their best (and to be fair the only) traceable asset so perhaps they should be looking to move him in a deal to upgrade elsewhere.
I agree with this, for one I have never been crazy about Kuzma and as you said considering he is the only player of value they have I would package him and someone else in a trade and try to acquire a better piece to fit this team. As you said they are good but when watching them I can't feel but think they are missing something.

SportingCP96

Supports
Derrick Rose is in 2011 Rose form right now! (Minus the monster dunks :(). This man better be an All Star!

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Derrick Rose is in 2011 Rose form right now! (Minus the monster dunks :(). This man better be an All Star!
Not a chance he’s anywhere near All-Star team. There are several guards ahead of him in the East.

However, the season he’s been having, and being able to handle 20-25 minutes a night, and being under serviceable contract for the upcoming year too, he should be on the list of many teams before trade deadline. Personally I like his fit best with Philadelphia, playing reserve point guard role and running pick & roll with Simmons at times. They should be able to get him and Morris for Scott, Zhaire Smith and a couple of second round picks I guess. Would make their second unit pretty good with Ennis, Korkmaz, Neto, Burke and O’Quinn to choose from.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
It is true apparently. I cannot believe it, feels surreal.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Just had a kid recently as well. That's hit me right in the gut

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Unreal. Feck :( :( :(

This really gets to me. Childhood hero.

Woodenlung

TMZ report that one Kobe's daughters was also on board the helicopter. She was 13 years old.

Jagga7

So sad and so shocking. 41 is no age to die, and it's now confirmed his 13 yr old daughter has died in the accident as well.
Life is so fickle.

Fridge chutney

I saw 'reports' on Twitter, my mistake.

Nothing on the NBA website.
To be fair, it would have been too late to cancel that game. They may cancel tomorrow. Reports from Raptors camp is that game will go ahead today. Cancelling on short notice is logistically very difficult.

Twitter is really a shit storm after news like this breaks.

Fridge chutney

They have to cancel all games for a day or two. This is just all too much to process.
Yeah they really do. I'm watching Spurs v Raptors and the players look shocked and devastated. I don't think they have much stomach to get through the games today.

SportingCP96

Supports
It’s one of those things that just don’t feel real. A lot of times people will say “it was there time” but this does not feel like it was his time. This hits hard. Just feels like a bad dream really. Tragic this and the fact his daughter was there as well just ...feck.

The music fits the mood. It’s a sad day for everyone as he was an idol to young and old and he will forever be part of basketball history. RIP Kobe