NBA 2019-2020

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Aaron Gordon still deserves too win every dunk contest until the end of time for his 2nd and 3rd dunks in 2016. The dunk contest should go ahead then everyone agrees at the end that those two dunks were the best and then everyone goes home.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Wow, looks like it was actually a competitive game, really like that. Might've been that it was a pride thing for the players to play their hearts out to honor Kobe, or the fact that the MVP award has been renamed, dunno.

Most competitive one I watched was probably '01 or '03, can't remember which one but it was with Iverson, Kobe, Jordan all really going at it and playing defense.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Wow, looks like it was actually a competitive game, really like that. Might've been that it was a pride thing for the players to play their hearts out to honor Kobe, or the fact that the MVP award has been renamed, dunno.

Most competitive one I watched was probably '01 or '03, can't remember which one but it was with Iverson, Kobe, Jordan all really going at it and playing defense.
It's for sure because of the format.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It's for sure because of the format.
Why would it matter to them more to win the ASG? They could've just as well laid off when they were trailing by 8 points with just 13 points to go.

Bubz27

Why would it matter to them more to win the ASG? They could've just as well laid off when they were trailing by 8 points with just 13 points to go.
Just going by what the players themselves were saying.

Chris Paul said at the half they were keeping an eye on the overall score. Team LeBron seemed more desperate to win than a losing team had in previous years and they played more as a team than as individuals.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Just going by what the players themselves were saying.

Chris Paul said at the half they were keeping an eye on the overall score. Team LeBron seemed more desperate to win than a losing team had in previous years and they played more as a team than as individuals.
Ah okay, cheers, didn't know that. Hopefully it stays that way in the future then, I didn't have high hopes for the format but seems to work in that case.

Hopefully they'll introduce one on ones for next year as well, players seemed up for it.

Bubz27

Ah okay, cheers, didn't know that. Hopefully it stays that way in the future then, I didn't have high hopes for the format but seems to work in that case.

Hopefully they'll introduce one on ones for next year as well, players seemed up for it.
I'd love some one on ones on a Saturday, or even on the Friday instead of the celebrity game.

The first 3 quarters, it did get a bit loose and open but that made for some fun plays. But you could tell, everyone was wary of not letting a team run away with it. Keeping within striking distance.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Aaron Gordon still deserves too win every dunk contest until the end of time for his 2nd and 3rd dunks in 2016. The dunk contest should go ahead then everyone agrees at the end that those two dunks were the best and then everyone goes home.
Yes(3rd and 4th btw) Just went and rewatched it, daaaaamn

Aaron Gordon has the 3 best dunks in the contest history ffs(those 2 from 2016 plus the one over tacko, who is 7'6)

Probably like 5 or 6 of the top 10 too

Smdh :nervous:

ASG was great :drool: except for the part where it showed us a world where Kawhi came to the lakers :(

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They are also getting Jeff Green on a 10-day contract it seems. He will play center.

stepic

enjoyed the all star game. you always knew lebron's team was gonna win though, just look at the line ups at the end. wtf giannis. lowry was good defensively at the end but why you making such an obvious foul on the last play when they only need one freaking point? idiot. if i was trae i'd have been a bit annoyed, he got voted in as a starter and doesn't play the final quarter. they couldn't buy a bucket at the end.

Sarni

The only reason you’d have any of his brothers is to get him there. They are pretty useless. Right now Milwaukee have one and LA gave one contract with pretty clear intentions. I hope he stays with Bucks his entire career.

Bubz27

Markief Morris signing with Lakers, they're waiving Cousins.

Rooney1987

They seem to be getting trashed for cutting Boogie for him but as he’s played 0 games for them, also is touch and go for playoffs this was probably right move.

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Thank feck the all-star circus is over, proper basketball is back which means just one thing - Luka Magic:drool:

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
They are favorites, but there is just a bit too much iso or basic pick and roll in that Clippers offence for my taste.

Sarni

They are favorites, but there is just a bit too much iso or basic pick and roll in that Clippers offence for my taste.
I find it hard to figure out how good Clippers actually are at this point. They’ve played their best line up for maybe 300 minutes this season and it just looks like they genuinely don’t care about the regular season. When they switched on they looked fantastic but it was only really the couple of games against Lakers and a handful more.

Perhaps they will just leave it for the playoffs. If regular season was a measure of how good teams are then it’d be Bucks championship to lose but we all know how it went last season. If Bud refuses to play Giannis 35+ minutes in the postseason and cut their rotation to 8 best players it could be the same story this year (I hope not).

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I find it hard to figure out how good Clippers actually are at this point. They’ve played their best line up for maybe 300 minutes this season and it just looks like they genuinely don’t care about the regular season. When they switched on they looked fantastic but it was only really the couple of games against Lakers and a handful more.

Perhaps they will just leave it for the playoffs. If regular season was a measure of how good teams are then it’d be Bucks championship to lose but we all know how it went last season. If Bud refuses to play Giannis 35+ minutes in the postseason and cut their rotation to 8 best players it could be the same story this year (I hope not).
Yeah, they will certainly go up a level in the playoffs in terms of their intensity. Don't have any doubts about that. And they will be able, considering how deep they are, to hold that intensity for 48 minutes which is their biggest advantage. Along with throwing different combinations in both direction or for example to have 3 or 4 players rotating on LeBron without much, if any quality dropped.

It's just that am definitely not in awe with their offense and have doubts it will change that much come playoffs. Too much individuality and forced contested shots during the game. Of course, that problem is not so big when your individual quality is great, but in terms of collective there are teams who look more impressive in attacking sense so far.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
And we won by three at home against Detroit team that started Snell, Maker and Mikhayluk and played Brown, Galloway, Henson and Knight over 20 minutes.
Ya Portland were on a hot streak before but seen to be struggling recently. Luckily both of them are were on fire last night or it would of been a very winnable game lost against a lottery team. Its going to be a fight for the last playoff spot in the west.

Sarni

Ya Portland were on a hot streak before but seen to be struggling recently. Luckily both of them are were on fire last night or it would of been a very winnable game lost against a lottery team. Its going to be a fight for the last playoff spot in the west.
I think it's Pelicans' to lose, as weird as it may sound. Their schedule is very favorable, they have by far the best unit of all playoffs chasing teams. Portland is a mess, Memphis have a nightmare of a schedule and San Antonio... I just don't want to see them there, I guess. Also pretty awful.

Outside chance for Sacramento. They are not that far behind. I expect 40 wins will be enough this year.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Rockets are building some momentum. No-one has seemingly been able to figure out a way stop the small-ball - only two losses in about 10 games since committing fully to this approach, one of them being to an outrageous buzzer beater against Jazz.

They have a good mixture of tough and easy games coming up, so I'm interested to how teams like Clippers and Celtics will fare, now that the league has had a good long look at this new Rockets.

Sarni

They are 5-2 since trading for Covington, two of their wins coming against Warriors and Knicks (of course they have no idea how to stop small ball, they have no idea how to stop anybody). Beating Lakers and Celtics was impressive but I think them being amazing is blown out of proportion because of how many people criticized that move at the time.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
They are 5-2 since trading for Covington, two of their wins coming against Warriors and Knicks (of course they have no idea how to stop small ball, they have no idea how to stop anybody). Beating Lakers and Celtics was impressive but I think them being amazing is blown out of proportion because of how many people criticized that move at the time.
Yeah but even in the period before the trade when they were without Capela they were winning games - they also beat the Mavericks (albeit without Doncic in the line-up) and won the tie-breaker game with Jazz the other night. They've played 10 games since Capela last featured in a loss to Portland in January - they're 8-2 in that stretch of games.

I'm not saying they're suddenly going to be the team that comes out of the west, but the improvement is notable.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Surely the Bucks are on course for at least the 3th greatest regular season in NBA history by now? Can't see them finishing off the season 23-1 but they're allowed a 19-5 record to be T-3th with the '71-'72 Lakers.

Could go out of the window if they start resting players in April though, they'll probably have home-court advantage throughout the playoffs locked up by then.

Sarni

Surely the Bucks are on course for at least the 3th greatest regular season in NBA history by now? Can't see them finishing off the season 23-1 but they're allowed a 19-5 record to be T-3th with the '71-'72 Lakers.

Could go out of the window if they start resting players in April though, they'll probably have home-court advantage throughout the playoffs locked up by then.
I hope they can get the magical 70 wins. 20-4 should be possible, their calendar is quite favorable. Tough games include Miami, Lakers, Toronto, Philadelphia, Boston and Denver on the road but they won't suddenly lose all of them. I think they should realistically aim to win all home game until end of season.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Westbrook playing the way he is massively changed the Rockets frsom start of the season, after a poor start he has become incredible since the start of 2020.

Sarni

Westbrook playing the way he is massively changed the Rockets frsom start of the season, after a poor start he has become incredible since the start of 2020.
He's done what everybody thought he should have done for years, basically stopped taking threes. He's taking 2.5 of per game and has had multiple games where he took none. He's a bad shooter but quite efficient at the rim, a good creator and has good mid-range. He's become super efficient, basically his shooting is close to 55% over this stretch I think.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
He's done what everybody thought he should have done for years, basically stopped taking threes. He's taking 2.5 of per game and has had multiple games where he took none. He's a bad shooter but quite efficient at the rim, a good creator and has good mid-range. He's become super efficient, basically his shooting is close to 55% over this stretch I think.
His midrange shot is really smooth, he still air balls it at times but it's very satisfying to see for some reason.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
I have no idea what's happened to the Heat over the last few weeks. We just keep collapsing in the 4th and can't close out games. We were 12 points up on the TWolves last night with 4 minutes to go and we blew it. So frustrating.