NBA 2019-2020

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks

The kid is great, didn't expect it.

But, special notion to OKC, now only wish if Pelicans somehow reach 8th and every series might be competitive in the West.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Looks like Zion has almost caught up with Morant for ROY odds in Vegas. Didn't think it was possible since he made his debut so late. Whoever gets his team into the playoffs should get it imo.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Looks like Zion has almost caught up with Morant for ROY odds in Vegas. Didn't think it was possible since he made his debut so late. Whoever gets his team into the playoffs should get it imo.
I think that will be the deciding factor. If Zion gets NOLA to the playoffs then he will steal it away.

Nonetheless both are absolute studs and will be the stars of this league in the near future.

SportingCP96

Supports
Man games like last night really show the upside in RJ, he has a lot of good qualities and if he can learn to be more consistent he will be a problem. I love his mentality he is tough as nails! Also great for him to finally close out a game and hit the clutch shot (thank god it was not Randle).

Lastly I gotta give props to Frank. He can be a very frustrating player on the offensive end but man is he a beast defensively.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Heat have Bucks number this season. First that amazing comeback at the beginning of season (think it was game 2 for the Bucks) and now comfortable win at home while shutting down Giannis. Adebayo really knows how to deal with him. Obviously it will be a different story in the playoffs but Heat could still be dangerous there with their huge homecourt advantage (26-4 in Miami currently, losing to Clippers, Lakers, Celtics and a freak loss to Wolves last month) and experienced and versatile personnel (their wing rotation is so deep).

SportingCP96

Supports
Heat have Bucks number this season. First that amazing comeback at the beginning of season (think it was game 2 for the Bucks) and now comfortable win at home while shutting down Giannis. Adebayo really knows how to deal with him. Obviously it will be a different story in the playoffs but Heat could still be dangerous there with their huge homecourt advantage (26-4 in Miami currently, losing to Clippers, Lakers, Celtics and a freak loss to Wolves last month) and experienced and versatile personnel (their wing rotation is so deep).
I think they are darkhorses in the east for sure.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Good win last night. Paschall is really looking good at times.

SportingCP96

Supports
Pelicans all but out of the race for the 8th seed now. They have given up too many wins and it would take a big collapse from Memphis for Zion and co to catch them.

On a positive not for the Pels though they will be great next season. Also Lonzo is probably going to be an all star next season if he keeps playoff the way He has been or better, he is finally fulfilling his potential.

Blazers now with the dame back are the only remaining threat to Memphis the 8th seed.

Sarni

Pelicans all but out of the race for the 8th seed now. They have given up too many wins and it would take a big collapse from Memphis for Zion and co to catch them.

On a positive not for the Pels though they will be great next season. Also Lonzo is probably going to be an all star next season if he keeps playoff the way He has been or better, he is finally fulfilling his potential.

Blazers now with the dame back are the only remaining threat to Memphis the 8th seed.
Nah. Those two losses were silly but they are only 5 games back from Memphis in loss column and have a much easier calendar. Only 1 game behind Portland and 2 off Spurs and Kings. They are underdogs but it can be done.

I'd have Kings as favorites now though. They're on a good roll and this is usually the best indication of chances.

SportingCP96

Supports
Nah. Those two losses were silly but they are only 5 games back from Memphis in loss column and have a much easier calendar. Only 1 game behind Portland and 2 off Spurs and Kings. They are underdogs but it can be done.

I'd have Kings as favorites now though. They're on a good roll and this is usually the best indication of chances.
Ya 5 games back might not seem like much but 21 games go by fast and even though Memphis have a harder schedule then Portland I can’t help but feel like New Orleans will drop a few more games because they have been very inconsistent.

Sarni

Ya 5 games back might not seem like much but 21 games go by fast and even though Memphis have a harder schedule then Portland I can’t help but feel like New Orleans will drop a few more games because they have been very inconsistent.
538 has them at 43% chance to make the playoffs. Blazers are 22%, Grizzlies 18% and Kings 14%. Everyone 1-7 in West is 99% or higher.

SportingCP96

Supports
538 has them at 43% chance to make the playoffs. Blazers are 22%, Grizzlies 18% and Kings 14%. Everyone 1-7 in West is 99% or higher.
I hope it plays out that way because a Lakers and Pelicans playoff match up would be must see TV!

ZDwyr

Rumours of the Knicks being interested in Paul. If Presti can get a future Knicks first I'd be ecstatic.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool

I like this move. Waiters generates 25% of his attempts on drives, and the Lakers are dead last in drives per game. Let's just hope he left his off-the-field antics in Miami.

charlton66

Supports
Golden State
Decent game tonight. Steph looked a little rusty especially from 3 point range but the Dubs kept it close throughout. It was actually a two point game going into the last minute. Anyway, on to the next one.

Last edited:

Moby

Dick
Houston 'never seen before smallball' Rockets got demolished by Clippers.

Harden should give more interviews about how what Giannis is doing is no skill basketball while going 4-17 and 0-8 from the line. :lol:

SportingCP96

Supports
Rumours of the Knicks being interested in Paul. If Presti can get a future Knicks first I'd be ecstatic.
That would be the stupidest move I have ever seen. That’s nothing against CP3 the player but rather the contract. Huge contract for a soon to be 35 year old and by 2021 that contract would leave us out of any FA attempt for that amazing 2021 class. Getting that contract is such a big shot in the foot that you might as well shoot yourself in the head instead.

Just be fecking patient and build through the draft and develop the promising prospects we have. If done right we will be in the right track with prospects like RJ and Mitch and hopefully a good draft pick this year.

CP3 would be by far the stupidest thing the Knicks can do, that contract

Sarni

CP3 wouldn’t be a stupid move for Knicks at all but you don’t want to give back any assets for him, with the contract he has. Maybe offer some of the younger struggling players like Knox and Ntilikina so that Thunder can try to revive them at a small cost.

CP3 brings some winning culture that they’ve been missing on board. Say what you want about him and his deal, he’s still a great player with lots of experience and desire to win. That cap space is useless for the Knicks, they aren’t getting any big time free agents in 2021 either with that track record and it will be 2019 all over again if they try to pretend that they have a shot. When it comes to development of young players he’s only going to help with that.

SportingCP96

Supports
CP3 wouldn’t be a stupid move for Knicks at all but you don’t want to give back any assets for him, with the contract he has. Maybe offer some of the younger struggling players like Knox and Ntilikina so that Thunder can try to revive them at a small cost.

CP3 brings some winning culture that they’ve been missing on board. Say what you want about him and his deal, he’s still a great player with lots of experience and desire to win. That cap space is useless for the Knicks, they aren’t getting any big time free agents in 2021 either with that track record and it will be 2019 all over again if they try to pretend that they have a shot. When it comes to development of young players he’s only going to help with that.
I agree I don’t think any Big time free agents won’t be going but at the same time with that mentality then they for sure are not.

CP3 depends on what happens this draft, if we draft a PG like Ball who has a high ceiling then getting CP3 would only get in the way of his development instead of giving him the keys and saying this is your team now. Then you have a core of 3 great young players. Try to grab a guy like Joe Harris and some other pieces and then MAYBE 2021 the Knicks looks more appealing depending on how the squad is beginning to take shape.

Once again this all depends on what happens with the draft because I think the pick and player we get determines where we go from there as a team. I understand what CP3 can bring but that contract just flushes away any chance at any potential players we could get.

Though very unlikely things change quickly in the span of a year and the idea of once again trying to go for a quick fix instead of taking time and building slowly does not appeal to me at all.

The draft will determine my overall perspective though.

Additionally I am pretty sure OKC would want picks as well and for me that’s an automatic no.

Sarni

Well I disagree. With how poor the East is towards the last couple of playoffs spots (I know Nets are supposed to be much better next year but their rest won’t) even getting Paul and a couple of fairly decent free agents can get you in the playoffs mix next year. That would immediately create a different perception of Knicks and if anything would only improve their chances of getting a free agent. I think even with his $40million+ for 2021-22 you can probably get rid of that if you want to and feel convinced another free agent is going to sign for you.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
This refereeing is hilarious, spoils the game most of the time am watching.

Lebron playing great defence on Giannis.

SportingCP96

Supports
At this rate I am convinced Lonzo will be an all star next season. Such a good player.

SportingCP96

Supports
Lebron helping his MVP chances with this performance against Giannis and the bucks right now

ZDwyr

Knicks going after Paul would be the wrong move, IMO. Obviously I hope they do but it's short-term thinking and would only serve to make their picks worse for the immediate future. They should just go full on Process and tank for more young talent.

Sarni

Lebron helping his MVP chances with this performance against Giannis and the bucks right now
He should be nowhere near MVP anyway. It’d be travesty if anyone other than Giannis wins it. He’s having a historic season (highest PER ever). Bookies seem to agree, Giannis is -1200 while LeBron ranges from +600 to +1500. Vernon had a great rant a few days ago about how silly this conversation is, and I fully agree with everything he said.

ZDwyr

It's really just ESPN, Bleacher Report and the other mainstream media fueling their major market obsession. LeBron deserves a lot of credit for the season the Lakers are having but yeah, Giannis is MVP.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Lakers winning some big ones lately, where before there were question marks over whether they could cut it against the good teams.

Edit: so are people on here not fans of lebron btw? 35, guarding (and doing it impressively) the current mvp who is dominant as hell physically, whilst dropping 30+ and loads of rebounds and assists. Isn’t this quite unique? Not a peep?

Last edited:

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Lakerd winning some big ones lately, where before there were question marks over ehether thry could cut it against the good teams.

Edit: so are people on here not fans of lebron btw? 35, guarding (and doing it impressively) the current mvp who is dominant as hell physically, whilst dropping 30+ and loads of rebounds and assists. Isn’t this quite unique? Not a peep?
I respect his game, but I'm not a fan of him.

ZDwyr

Huge LeBron fan. He is still the best player in the league when in top gear, IMO. He's great to watch. I've never seen a player control a game better than he does. I just don't think he's the MVP, that's all.

SportingCP96

Supports
Lakers winning some big ones lately, where before there were question marks over whether they could cut it against the good teams.

He is brilliant no doubt. Never been a player like him in the history of the NBA.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Knicks going after Paul would be the wrong move, IMO. Obviously I hope they do but it's short-term thinking and would only serve to make their picks worse for the immediate future. They should just go full on Process and tank for more young talent.
Knicks haven't extended any rookie they drafted for over 20 years, tanking for more talent will do feck all for them.

They need a culture change, CP3's probably too old for that though.

Rooney1987

At 35 playing like this is unreal and still one of the top 5 players in NBA. Had a phenomenal year. Giannis however has been a bit better and deserves MVP imo. For me I think reason some are pissed is more an ESPN issue then LeBron. They seem to be really pushing this LeBron MVP issue on Youtube every day. Even as a Lakers fan it’s annoying.