NBA 2019-2020

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Lakers winning some big ones lately, where before there were question marks over whether they could cut it against the good teams.

Edit: so are people on here not fans of lebron btw? 35, guarding (and doing it impressively) the current mvp who is dominant as hell physically, whilst dropping 30+ and loads of rebounds and assists. Isn’t this quite unique? Not a peep?
I rate him very highly. Come playoffs time there’s maybe one player I would have on my team ahead of him and that’s Kawhi. However I do not think he deserves the MVP of regular season ahead of Giannis who’s having unbelievable season.

Sarni

Nets firing Atkinson is so ridiculously unfair to the guy. He took them to the playoffs last year against odds and they are sitting 7th seed this year without KD and with Kyrie missing most of season. He’s been playing most of the year with a very average team and they’ve definitely not underperformed considering circumstances - Dinwiddie, LeVert, Harris, Prince and Allen are fine but they aren’t better than 28-34. Guys like Chandler, Luwawu and Chiozza have been getting significant minutes for them lately.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Another win for the lakers against a big team.
flat track bullies no more.

Sarni

Good win for Lakers here. I still have Clippers as favorites for championship but Lakers are close behind.

Kevin

Nostrodamus of football
Good win for Lakers here. I still have Clippers as favorites for championship but Lakers are close behind.
Everything is possible with Lebron and AD on your roster.
Casual playoff/big game watcher speaking here so I know my basket. Or something like that.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
The MVP battle is a real conversation again as far as I'm concerned. LeBron absolutely dominated against the Bucks and Clippers and showed that he's still the best player in the league.

Beverley "It's not hard to guard him, nothing special about it" after they just couldn't stop him in the 4th quarter is just laughable.

Sarni

The MVP battle is a real conversation again as far as I'm concerned. LeBron absolutely dominated against the Bucks and Clippers and showed that he's still the best player in the league.

Beverley "It's not hard to guard him, nothing special about it" after they just couldn't stop him in the 4th quarter is just laughable.
No it's not. It'd be travesty if anyone other than Giannis won it and LeBron hasn't even been the best player on his team this year according to pretty much all the metrics bar assists. LeBron is still among the best but Giannis will walk the MVP and rightly so. Bookies still have Giannis at -600 or better so it's kind of telling. The media narrative is tiresome.

Sarni

The Rockets suck right now.
Teams started to figure it out? I got money on them, Denver and Toronto winning their divisions which could win me over 2k GBP and up until last week it looked like Toronto was up in the air but Denver and Houston were cruising. Now it's the other way around.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
No it's not. It'd be travesty if anyone other than Giannis won it and LeBron hasn't even been the best player on his team this year according to pretty much all the metrics bar assists. LeBron is still among the best but Giannis will walk the MVP and rightly so. Bookies still have Giannis at -600 or better so it's kind of telling. The media narrative is tiresome.
AD helps a whole lot but James has taken a franchise which was dead and buried for half a decade and took them to the #1 spot in the West in his first full healthy season. He's just a game changer and takes a winning culture to whichever team he joins, that's what valuable means to me. Not saying Giannis doesn't deserve it and I also think he will end up winning it but I do think there's at least a debate to be had, as the Bucks are only 2 games in front of the Lakers right now for #1 overall and James just dominated him H2H (I know they lost in Milwaukee though).

I have more confidence in James leading the Lakers to series wins in the POs than Giannis at the moment, but that doesn't affect the MVP race of course.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
LeBron hasn't even been the best player on his team this year according to pretty much all the metrics bar assists.
You must be looking at the wrong metrics then :houllier:

We suck when he's not on the court and destroy teams with him even when AD sits. That just about sums it up

And you're right about giannis

Sarni

You must be looking at the wrong metrics then :houllier:

We suck when he's not on the court and destroy teams with him even when AD sits. That just about sums it up

And you're right about giannis
I know that they suck without LeBron on the floor, he’s more important to the way Lakers play than AD is and there’s no replacement for him on the bench.

Still, AD has a significantly higher PER, a far superior defensive ratings and slightly superior offensive ratings.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

He's tiresome. I would've loved the interviewer to ask him what happened today if guarding LeBron is "no challenge".

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Bucks lose again and are now on a 3-game losing streak.

Winning the West didn't matter that much to me but getting HCA throughout the POs would be a big deal imo.

Sarni

Bucks lose again and are now on a 3-game losing streak.

Winning the West didn't matter that much to me but getting HCA throughout the POs would be a big deal imo.
It was really deep reserves last night for them. Starting five was Brown, Matthews, Connaughton and the weaker of Lopez and Antetokounmpo brothers. Seems like they don’t really care about their regular season record, 70 wins etc. I think this is the right move. It’s all about playoffs.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It was really deep reserves last night for them. Starting five was Brown, Matthews, Connaughton and the weaker of Lopez and Antetokounmpo brothers. Seems like they don’t really care about their regular season record, 70 wins etc. I think this is the right move. It’s all about playoffs.
Rightfully so, but they should care about HCA imo. 4 games in LA or 4 games in Milwaukee could end up as a difference maker in June should the Lakers or Clippers get to the finals, not to forget that the Bucks are the best home team in the entire league.

4 of the last 6 champions had the best regular season record (but granted before that it's all the way back to the 07/08 Celtics).

Sarni

Rightfully so, but they should care about HCA imo. 4 games in LA or 4 games in Milwaukee could end up as a difference maker in June should the Lakers or Clippers get to the finals, not to forget that the Bucks are the best home team in the entire league.

4 of the last 6 champions had the best regular season record (but granted before that it's all the way back to the 07/08 Celtics).
Agree but again I don’t think teams think about it that much. At the end of the day there’s maybe 50% chance of them playing Lakers in the Finals if they get there, they may as well play Clippers (maybe even more likely) and in that case they are guaranteed to have home court advantage over them.

Super impressed with the Raptors. My accumulator of Toronto, Denver and Houston winning their divisions looks great now.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
How do you guys see Tyler halburton game transition into the NBA? Him and Cole Anthony could be seen as interesting prospects at the point guard for some teams.

Excited for March madness to Get under way!

SportingCP96

Supports
Rudy Gobert tested positive for Covid-19.

I may have under played this virus.

SportingCP96

Supports
Also I have inside information (friend) who works for the NBA and I can confirm the NBA after tonight is going to be suspended for the foreseeable future.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
feck Gobert so much for what he did with those mics. So irresponsible and now he's opened up so many more people to risk of this.

newsdevil

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No one’s gonna be surprised if (when) the NCAA does the same with its sports seasons, including the NCAA Tournament.<br><br>And others at every level. <a href="https://t.co/sFnGSDFWBF">https://t.co/sFnGSDFWBF</a></p>&mdash; George Schroeder (@GeorgeSchroeder) <a href="">March 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Goddammit. The one year my team is actually dominant again (Lakers) the season has to be suspended. feck off Golbert you assfeck.

SportingCP96

Supports
Goddammit. The one year my team is actually dominant again (Lakers) the season has to be suspended. feck off Golbert you assfeck.
Genuine question and I know it’s not the most important thing right now but I am curious.

What happens now? Say the NBA gets postponed where does it go from there? Is the season void? If so what happens with picks rankings etc. trophy less season? Does this could as a by year? Do they go the lockout rout and start the playoffs with the way the teams are seated as is?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Genuine question and I know it’s not the most important thing right now but I am curious.

What happens now? Say the NBA gets postponed where does it go from there? Is the season void? If so what happens with picks rankings etc. trophy less season? Does this could as a by year? Do they go the lockout rout and start the playoffs with the way the teams are seated as is?
Up to the owners I would think. I would imagine that they would come up with some loopholes for this unique situation (freeze standings, extra draft picks as compensation...)

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero

Hopefully it’s a temporary suspension and we start again in a couple months. Or play behind closed doors for the time being? Steph Curry suggested they play music if no fans are in attendance. I could get down with that.

Revan

Assumptionman
He is an idiot for doing that, but it doesn't matter. For sure within a week or two there would be multiple other players who would result positive.

Sarni

Rudy Gobert you fecking idiot. He’s going to be booed in every arena forever after this.

Sarni

The easiest way is to just freeze the standings as they are. 15 out of 16 playoffs teams are basically decided, seedings are important but everyone has had 60+ games to get where they are, tanking shouldn’t be rewarded so lottery odds don’t have to be compensated in any way. If they can resume playing in May, just go through with the playoffs based on current standings.

Season has to end before July as that’s when plenty of contracts become void. You can postpone draft but you can’t move free agency.