NBA 2019-2020

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Goddammit. The one year my team is actually dominant again (Lakers) the season has to be suspended. feck off Golbert you assfeck.
A tad harsh to blame him no ?
edit: what he did was stupid so I wasn't talking about that, it just seemed that Gobert is blamed for the coronavirus in the NBA, it would have eventually happened

Last edited:

jem

feck Gobert so much for what he did with those mics. So irresponsible and now he's opened up so many more people to risk of this.
So dumb. When are people like Gobert and Costa going to learn that this is serious? I would seriously suspend Costa for his idiotic actions.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
A tad harsh to blame him no ?
edit: what he did was stupid so I wasn't talking about that, it just seemed that Gobert is blamed for the coronavirus in the NBA, it would have eventually happened
Was more of a response to his mic touching.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Think the number of NBA players getting sick will go up exponentially.

I must admit I was underestimating this virus a lot and was ignorant. It took seeing how huge money making corporations like the NBA, world football, NHL etc. are literally shutting it down to open my eyes and realize “this shit is serious” even if the number of people dying is low the fact that it is spreading this fast is insane. You don’t usually here if big name celebrities and athletes getting stuff like this and to see it happening is just like...wow. I was terribly wrong!

At this point just hoping for a quick recovery for everyone involved and hopefully we can stop the spread and figure out a way to stop this.

Hope everyone stays safe.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Let's be honest, chances of him getting it from touching the mic is very low compared to him getting into close contact with someone who actually has the virus.
It's the fact that he likely had it and then touched the mics like a moron. Also he spread it to one of the guards.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It's the fact that he likely had it and then touched the mics like a moron. Also he spread it to one of the guards.
Nobody even knows if he's the first player to get it. He's just the first player to get tested positive for it.

Him making light of the whole situation is stupid though.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
@Florida Man
This is actually worse than I thought, he has been tremendously reckless.
This doesn't mean Gobert infected Mitchell (Mitchell could have been infected Gobert for all we know) but his behavior has been fecking stupid.

Last edited:

ZDwyr

Interesting to see if the chemistry between Gobert and Mitchell changes once games start again. Although there's always the chance Mitchell gave it to Gobert rather than the other way around.

Revan

Assumptionman
Rudy Gobert you fecking idiot. He’s going to be booed in every arena forever after this.
He is an accidental idiot hero though. NBA would have been suspended sooner or later, but the fact it gots suspended now cause of him, in long run is gonna save countless lives.

SportingCP96

Supports
With the possibility of a late June return potentially heading into august how would it work with free agents whose contracts end in July? Additional a lot of players draft stocks are going to change because of no March madness. I think LaMelo potentially jumps into the driver seat as the first overall pick, granted that also depends who gets that pic.

I guess the league will be starting late next season too.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
NBA players regularly tested and quite a few already positive without any real symptons. You really don’t wanna know how many are actually infected in the whole world without even being tested.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
NBA offers everyone free access to League Pass until April 22th, with classic games and game re-runs on tab.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
NBA offers everyone free access to League Pass until April 22th, with classic games and game re-runs on tab.
I'm so going to catch up on this season's basketball. I keep paying though as my deal is $1 per month for Indian League Pass ;)

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'm so going to catch up on this season's basketball. I keep paying though as my deal is $1 per month for Indian League Pass ;)
Fecking hell :lol: Gonna have to look into that for next season. Have to say that the openness of the league this season (and the Lakers' surge to relevance) have reignited my interest in the NBA a lot after the Warriors dominance.

SportingCP96

Supports
With no basketball for the near future I decided to take a look at a few draft prospects and see which I fancied the most and I came up with this list.

- LaMelo Ball
- Anthony Edwards
- James Wiseman
- Cole Anthony
- Tyrese Halliburton
- Deni Advija
- Killian Hayes

I think these are the best prospects in an overall weak draft class.

Who do you guys fancy the most?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
With no basketball for the near future I decided to take a look at a few draft prospects and see which I fancied the most and I came up with this list.

- LaMelo Ball
- Anthony Edwards
- James Wiseman
- Cole Anthony
- Tyrese Halliburton
- Deni Advija
- Killian Hayes

I think these are the best prospects in an overall weak draft class.

Who do you guys fancy the most?
I normally reserve my judgement before March Madness but there’s no March Madness this year and even if there was, almost none of top prospects would play. From what I see it’s a bad draft class. Obi Toppin the one you missed.

SportingCP96

Supports
I normally reserve my judgement before March Madness but there’s no March Madness this year and even if there was, almost none of top prospects would play. From what I see it’s a bad draft class. Obi Toppin the one you missed.
I saw Obi Toppin as well and I was going to put him I but left him out because I felt out of all the prospects I looked at I didn't think he was better then them. He had an excellent season though and took his level up a notch this season.

As you noted though I think draft positions are all over the place as March Madness is the ultimate showcase for these players. As I said a while back because there was no march madness I think LaMelo is probably the number 1 pick (or Edwards). Though obviously it fully depends on who gets the number 1 pick as that team might not need a PG.

For example If you were Atlanta who would you get? Trae is obviously there franchise player so do you get LaMelo as the SG or do you pick up a guy like Edwards? or maybe Wiseman.

I think Atlanta will be a really exciting team in the near future.

SharpshooterTom

What chances would say there are of the season being entirely cancelled and made null and void?

I personally don't see any sport being played till the autumn so unless they plan to scrap the regular season and head straight to the playoffs shortly, I'm not sure what pathway they have of finishing it.

The NBA isn't like the Premier League at the moment with a clear run away leader or relegation places to determine, so I suspect the consequences of voiding it would be much easier wouldn't it?

SportingCP96

Supports
What chances would say there are of the season being entirely cancelled and made null and void?

I personally don't see any sport being played till the autumn so unless they plan to scrap the regular season and head straight to the playoffs shortly, I'm not sure what pathway they have of finishing it.

The NBA isn't like the Premier League at the moment with a clear run away leader or relegation places to determine, so I suspect the consequences of voiding it would be much easier wouldn't it?
I have a friend that works in the NBA and they have meetings everyday regarding this. At the moment they want to complete the remaining regular season games so the players can be in somewhat playoff form as opposed to hopping straight in. Also they want to make everything in a neutral venue.

Don't know what will happen but that's what's being talked about.

ArseHat

I don't know what the NBA will decide to do, but if this season is called null and void, with no champion decided, you'd have to think it'll be a huge blow to the Lakers (since they're most built to win now), and especially Lebron.

They were looking very strong, definitely one of the favorites if the season had continued to play out as scheduled. Perhaps more importantly, though, Lebron doesn't have time for a year to go to waste; he'll be 36 come next season. Both Golden State and Brooklyn should be back to full strength next season, so the competition will only get stronger.

SportingCP96

Supports
I don't know what the NBA will decide to do, but if this season is called null and void, with no champion decided, you'd have to think it'll be a huge blow to the Lakers (since they're most built to win now), and especially Lebron.

They were looking very strong, definitely one of the favorites if the season had continued to play out as scheduled. Perhaps more importantly, though, Lebron doesn't have time for a year to go to waste; he'll be 36 come next season. Both Golden State and Brooklyn should be back to full strength next season, so the competition will only get stronger.
I think a lot of people are sleeping on the Warriors for next season. The Stars will be fully rested and recovered and because of this season they have developed players that will be great bench players for them as well and who knows if Wiggins can't be a better version of Barnes at least. I think they have 1 more championship In them.

I truly hope somehow the season can be salvaged even if that means cutting next season short with a late start and resuming things regularly in the 21-22 season.

Sadly a decision like that is kind of out of there hands at the moment.